SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
COM1 can only do firmware update and read data... it can not transfer parameter or update parameter.

Com1 = Firmware upgrade, read data
Com3 = Read, Write

So if you want to use computer to config your set up, plug it to Com3 port.
Hi Frank

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepere View Post
is it possible to use a FTDI ?
No, unless you make/use a pcb with a MAX232 IC. (RS232 <> TTL (like the FTDI))
See: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/280731969278?...84.m1497.l2648

The YS uses real RS232 signals (+/- 15v)

Enlosed pictures how I did this to use my own data link stuff ( Xbee, Wi232, etc)

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Last edited by Frank.T; Aug 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Oct 2011
149 Posts
ok frank , I see.

You have not the datalink of zerouav ?
pepere is offline Find More Posts by pepere
Last edited by pepere; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:07 PM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepere View Post
ok frank , I see.

You have not the datalink of zerouav ?
I have but that is 900Mhz and not legal in Holland so I use Wi232.

//Frank
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:07 PM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
I have received my new phone the Samsung S advance, it's an android system.
The wifi on the phone is on, the autopilot is also wifi connected, but nothing happens ... the GUI doesn't want to communicate with the autopilot.
What should I do ? the autopilot is connected to the phone (blue led), I can see it on the autopilot, then the GUI is on, it like there is no "link" between GUI and autopilot, the GUI doesn't see the autopilot.
do you know this problem?
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
RCI
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi Jose

Have you used it yet and how does it work well?

Cheers
Rob
is still not activated functions of altitude change, and waiting time at waypoint
RCI is offline Find More Posts by RCI
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCI View Post
is still not activated functions of altitude change, and waiting time at waypoint
I havent used it in the field yet but on the PC GCS you can change the altitude and waiting time as you can see on attached image.

Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Feb 2011
57 Posts
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the info of com3 ! Now I can read and change parameters on the YS.
Also interesting RS232 levels, may be I can use my XBees. No need for Wifi router and have more range.

But compas calibration still does not work when using GCS onPC: I get the green arrow in the middle of the window, but no circle or anything moving. Any idea ?
my64 is offline Find More Posts by my64
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Mar 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerouav View Post
The IOS Version YS-X6 can support is up to 5.1.1, what's your version?
I do have 5.1.1 but as I stated I do not want to have to Jail Break the phone. I want an Apple approved version. IOS 6 is due to be out with the release of the next iPhone expected to be available in about 3 weeks.
earlmact is offline Find More Posts by earlmact
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
COM1 can only do firmware update and read data... it can not transfer parameter or update parameter.

Com1 = Firmware upgrade, read data
Com3 = Read, Write

So if you want to use computer to config your set up, plug it to Com3 port.
This explains why I was able to see the data but not retrieve or update parameters. This is not mentioned anywhere in the literature.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my64 View Post
Hi Frank,
But compas calibration still does not work when using GCS onPC: I get the green arrow in the middle of the window, but no circle or anything moving. Any idea ?
I'm having a major problem with compass calibration. The folks at gothelirc are helping me but so far nothing. I don't know if the horizontal calibration is working as I've never seen the "circle", but I am able to keep the blue led on solid while turning 2-3 times, so the data should be good. In the PC GCS, does the circle draw as you spin the aircraft, or do the circles appear only after you are finished with both horizontal and vertical calibrations? Anyway, after what seems like a successful horizontal calibration I switch to vertical calibration and the IMU goes nuts, the artificial horizon starts spinning even if the aircraft is not moving. It is impossible to stabilize the IMU and the blue LED never comes on. The attitude data never stops changing no matter what you try. Any Ideas?

I've tried this with both the PC GCS and the Android GCS and the result is the same. I'm using the latest firmware and software.

Here is a screen cap of the hj log file for the calibration procedure. It is sped up a little. Watch the artificial horizon, which is fairly flat for the horizontal calibration, but then starts spinning as soon as the vertical calibration is selected. There was very little motion of the actual aircraft during this time.

YS X6 Compass Calibration Problems (0 min 53 sec)
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:42 PM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Mmm strange behavior.

Just to be sure:

Don't use Init setup to calibrate the mag

Zero the IMU before MAG Calib.

Be sure that the receiver or antenna, power cables are far away from the IMU !!
( don't think light on this it drove many to madness discovering the solution was easy)
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Mmm strange behavior.

Just to be sure:

Don't use Init setup to calibrate the mag

Zero the IMU before MAG Calib.

Be sure that the receiver or antenna, power cables are far away from the IMU !!
( don't think light on this it drove many to madness discovering the solution was easy)
Thanks for your response. I made sure Init setup was off, zeroed the IMU, the cables and receiver are not close, but the key thing here is that the IMU works just fine when not trying to calibrate the compass, and even on horizontal calibration it is fine. Something about selecting vertical calibration is causing the IMU to do this. I would think if it had something to do with cables or receiver it would happen all the time, not just on vertical calibration.

I was thinking that maybe if there was something wrong with the horizontal calibration data collection, the correct 90 angle would not be set for the vertical calibration, and that the IMU might be constantly adjusting to some corrupt data. But really I have no idea - just a guess.

Thanks,

Russ
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
The YS-X6-Android GCS-V1.0 app is not connecting to a BlueTooth device on my Samsung S3, Samsung TAB2

Is this option not working yet?

If it should working, what do I need to to?

//Frank
y6 supports Blue Tooth device, you need buy one Blue Tooth Module connecting to y6, so y6 can communicate to phone. I hear Bluetooth will come with YS-X4 which will be released later.
Brandoonn is offline Find More Posts by Brandoonn
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Thanks for your response. I made sure Init setup was off, zeroed the IMU, the cables and receiver are not close, but the key thing here is that the IMU works just fine when not trying to calibrate the compass, and even on horizontal calibration it is fine. Something about selecting vertical calibration is causing the IMU to do this. I would think if it had something to do with cables or receiver it would happen all the time, not just on vertical calibration.

I was thinking that maybe if there was something wrong with the horizontal calibration data collection, the correct 90 angle would not be set for the vertical calibration, and that the IMU might be constantly adjusting to some corrupt data. But really I have no idea - just a guess.

Thanks,

Russ
Hi Russ

Try and only use the Android. I have never used the PC GCS so I cannot advise you on that. The Android system works. And only use the Magnetic Compass Tab. I know that most of this you know already, however, there may be something that you may have missed. You have said that you get the blue light on the horizontal, but not on the vertical calibration. Just remember that your Multirotor has to be perfectly vertical. I had a problem with the vertical calibration, and only after a while, I found out that somehow, my IMU, although lined up with the vertical axis, was in fact not on the vertical, so I had to hold the vertical plane ata slight angle before the blue light would come on. Don't start turning until the blue light is on. I prepared this for my website :

Compass Calibration
1. Get Compass Calibration screen up.
2. Select Hor calibration. then OK. then hold Multirotor level and get the blue LED light on. Now turn slowly clockwise 2-3 times in one spot ensuring the light remains on at all times.
3. Select Vert Calibration. Then OK. Point the front of the Multi down and get the blue LED light on. Now turn slowly clockwise 2-3 times in one spot ensuring the light remains on at all times.
4. Select save alignment. Then OK

And you should see 2 lovely, and hopefully round circles almost on top of each other.

There is a video on it here (in Chinese). http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzYyNTg4MDY4.html

Rob