Closed Thread
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Discussion
Warning Banana Hobby COUPON CODES NO LONGER VALID

Banana Hobby lured me into placing an order on their new website (bonus 3% off). I had the 20% off July code in hand and was looking to see what my order total would be for a 1400mm zero and 1400mm stuka (based on all the fantastic comments from owners on this site). Well, the new website doesn't allow for code entry upon returning to the order screen from PayPal... and my order was placed straight away. The old website would come back from PayPal and allow you to enter promo codes before order finalization. I was guesstimating my order total around $300 with 20% off... well, because I couldn't enter my promo code my order total is $380. I immediately fired off emails to Banana Hobby to cancel my order to no avail. So now I am left trying to cancel order through PayPal... wish me luck and I hope everyone else proceeds with caution...
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Last edited by Aphro; Jul 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,367 Posts
Call them
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:01 AM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,127 Posts
You can refuse shipment also
eli5539 is offline Find More Posts by eli5539
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Well the site is a "beta" site. We should expect some flaws
So far I had great luck with Banana Hobby (knocking on wood now). I ordered a few items (beta site) that were back ordered and got a notification to confirm if I want to keep the order or cancel it due to the back order. I called the the number listed and waited about 3 min before someone answered.

Give them a call and/or email
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Sep 2007
211 Posts
"Lured" you? Just call them.
SubEd is offline Find More Posts by SubEd
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Banana Hobby lured me into placing an order on their new website (bonus 3% off). I had the 20% off July code in hand and was looking to see what my order total would be for a 1400mm zero and 1400mm stuka (based on all the fantastic comments from owners on this site). Well, the new website doesn't allow for code entry upon returning to the order screen from PayPal... and my order was placed straight away. The old website would come back from PayPal and allow you to enter promo codes before order finalization. I was guesstimating my order total around $300 with 20% off... well, because I couldn't enter my promo code my order total is $380. I immediately fired off emails to Banana Hobby to cancel my order to no avail. So now I am left trying to cancel order through PayPal... wish me luck and I hope everyone else proceeds with caution...
Thank you very much for that information!

I will pass it along to my RC Club Members and other friends.

I just can not stand the "Oh, it was because our new Web Site is a Beta" etc..etc...

I would completely cancel your order and just order from PW-RC or Castle.

Best of luck!
Carlos
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
I just can not stand the "Oh, it was because our new Web Site is a Beta" etc..etc...

:
I wish we lived in perfect world!

My experience with with Banana has been great and fast shipping. I emailed them last night about the status of my order (the item is back order) and I got a response this morning from Lisa W. fwith a complete status and expected time for shipping along with a phone # if I have any other questions.

Ehhh what do I know I shoot in the 100s!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Thankfully my order was cancelled =) It only took 3 emails before they actually reacted. Here is Banana Response...

Thank you for contacting Banana Hobby.
I have cancelled your order no. 225-120723. All previous promotions and coupons codes are currently not valid.

Thank you,
Jose
Banana Hobby Customer Support Center
15751 Tapia St.
Irwindale, CA 91706
Tel. 626-373-2288 Fax 626-529-0056

Still waiting for cancellation to show up on my PayPal account ;-)
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:07 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,306 Posts
Theres this on there new website that you should of read where you put your credit card info in
Disclaimer: This site is currently in beta testing. Prices, specifications, inventory and status of items may be adjusted and subject to change without notice. Typographical errors are subject to correction. Orders placed while on this test website may be expedited while processing. Previous promotions and coupons codes are currently not valid.
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,306 Posts
Use the old site and buy the plane with the 20%off coupon. They only allow one discount per sale
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
That new website looks awfully close to the nitroplanes website... in the end, I already think it's easier to navigate than the old one. Good advice on using the old one to save 20% through July 31st.
maccam26 is offline Find More Posts by maccam26
Last edited by maccam26; Jul 25, 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: better description
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:01 AM
CA...gimme the CA...
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Jun 2005
493 Posts
I bought something from Bannana on the 24th, and the coupon worked. Never knew there were two sites...I must've somehow gone to the right one. I just googled Bananna Hobby and followed the link to the site, and after going to PayPal it sent me back to BH and the field was there to insert the code.
whowhatwhere is offline Find More Posts by whowhatwhere
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,756 Posts
got a link to the new site ?
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
the link:
http://beta.bananahobby.com/
username and password are both hobby1 . there is a link on the orginal website www.bananahobby.com

I like the new site ... much easier to navigate and search for stuff. I've been a customer for years and purchased numerous of items with no issue -- (i'm knocking on wood now!! )
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
the link:
http://beta.bananahobby.com/
username and password are both hobby1 . there is a link on the orginal website www.bananahobby.com

I like the new site ... much easier to navigate and search for stuff. I've been a customer for years and purchased numerous of items with no issue -- (i'm knocking on wood now!! )
Fail.

No "Special Deals" link to take me to the sale items. I am the sort to first check out the clearance rack when I shop for clothes, too.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Closed Thread