HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
G Stanton
Dixon, CA
Joined Jan 2003
77 Posts
Discussion
Swap Meet

Anybody interested in a fun fly and swap meet at Lagoon Valley? Most of us have several models and a lot of parts collecting dust that could be sold or traded for some other stuff that we don't need. I was thinking about trying to put something together on a week-end toward the middle or the end of September. I'll check back on this site to see if we have any interest.

Gary Stanton
Gary Stanton is offline Find More Posts by Gary Stanton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Jan 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Stanton View Post
Anybody interested in a fun fly and swap meet at Lagoon Valley? Most of us have several models and a lot of parts collecting dust that could be sold or traded for some other stuff that we don't need. I was thinking about trying to put something together on a week-end toward the middle or the end of September. I'll check back on this site to see if we have any interest.

Gary Stanton
Hey Gary,
I think that's a great idea. I do suspect that the response on this forum will be very little. It seems like the activity on the lagoon valley forum has dwindled since being switched to an RCgroups forum.

Chime in guy's lets have a funfly.
vacahtu is online now Find More Posts by vacahtu
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Fairfield, CA.
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
That's a great idea Gary! A swap meet and fun fly would be great! I'm in!

Desmond
dperez is offline Find More Posts by dperez
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
G Stanton
Dixon, CA
Joined Jan 2003
77 Posts
I know that Moses is in, he has a ton of stuff to trade or sell. I need to thin out my collection a little, some of my stuff is gathering dust. I went through my parts bins the other day and I seem to have far more than I reasonably need. I have become an RC pack rat! Bob Art is in, Earl will play, Carl is always good for a trade and Jeremy no doubt has something unusual to trade with. If we advertise a little we should be able to generate a good turn out from our group and possibly draw from a few others in the region. I'm looking at Sunday, September 30th as the day for the swap meet. We should be beyond the summer heat by then, and the wind should be more favorable for a fun fly. Hopefully those who participate will not be asking full retail for their used pars and planes. Profit mongers need not attend! I will check some of the local club websites to make sure that September 30 is not in conflict with another event. If a conflict, we can move it a week either way.

Gary
Gary Stanton is offline Find More Posts by Gary Stanton
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Apr 2011
68 Posts
Funfly & Swap

YES I do have too much Gary! And would like to walk around my garage again! My prices are reasonable. Donna said she could feed us again, but she would do it differently…Say, a Box Lunch with everything in it for a hungry guy or gal! Gary or Rick can work that out with Donna if you want to go that way! Lately I have been repairing others planes, it has worked out real well. I am a retired aircraft mechanic, while this is quite different from RC kits I enjoy it, and no I never repaired a C5 with CA! I haven charged for the service. I just can’t see your favorite plane go into the garbage with out giving it a try…so if you’re in need of repair let me know, ask Gary or Andy if you want to know the kind of work I do, so far there’s no fee so get it while its free!
morockpow is offline Find More Posts by morockpow
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:41 PM
Discovery Bay, Calif
Joined Mar 2006
19 Posts
Hi Guys
I just ran onto your site, ya know how web surfing is, and I would love to attened and maby bring a friend or two

Keith Brown
ZDAD is offline Find More Posts by ZDAD
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,648 Posts
I'm in!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Bob Art
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Fun fly

So I'm confused, is the fun fly/ swap meet September 30th or is it in October?
That's probably not surprising to those of you that know me
As Gary said "I'm in", I've got items to thin out so I have Rome for planes I've ordered, the new Parkzone P4U, retracts and flaps
I'm selling my original Parkzone P4U, also a pair of coaxial Helios, 1brushed and 1brushless ready to fly with upgrades, a Blade SR with upgrades.
I'm sure there are other things I don't need or use so check out my table
Bob Art
legend1949 is offline Find More Posts by legend1949
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
Bob Art
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Fun fly

Thanks to Richard C and an email I'm no longer confused, my wife will be glad to hear that, the fun fly is on!
Come one, come all, a great time is to be had at Lagoon Valley
Good weather, good fun, great people and a great location
See you there
legend1949 is offline Find More Posts by legend1949
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:40 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,648 Posts
Sooooo...has the date been firmed up yet? Richard, Gary?

Thanks!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member