HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:02 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
ClevelandBaller, just use Paypal and remember HK pays people to promote them on the RC forums. You never know if the person you're talking to is One of these PAID peomoters.
valanti,

and I openly posted my HobbyKing paycheck for all to see- Not hiding anything.

Go check it out yourself (paycheck posted in plain sight) :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=69
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Hi all member
I bought Turnigy T9 from hobbyking, when I get it , always display "Switch Error" when turn on, I ask some user in here, try to all switch up, same problem,
Then I send them amail tell about problem, the guy there name is Matthew, ask me send back to them for check, I pay 12$ for shipping back, two week late they said faulty item, need get credit or replacement, can't refund via paypal ( I paid them via paypal), I said I want refund
Now they said the Turnigy TX not faulty, just get credit or pay them $11.80usd for send back to me
I said no,
because last time I bought NE 328A from them, they send me dead heli, I send them back for refund, I lose 24$ for ship to me and ship back to them, no heli but lose money ????
anyone get problem with that site ???
and question is
Turnigy T9x when turn on the screen say SWITCH ERROR is normal after try all way to switch up ??
bad online site I see after 9 year buy item online
thank for reading
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:44 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
Hi all member
I bought Turnigy T9 from hobbyking, when I get it , always display "Switch Error" when turn on, I ask some user in here, try to all switch up, same problem,
Then I send them amail tell about problem, the guy there name is Matthew, ask me send back to them for check, I pay 12$ for shipping back, two week late they said faulty item, need get credit or replacement, can't refund via paypal ( I paid them via paypal), I said I want refund
Now they said the Turnigy TX not faulty, just get credit or pay them $11.80usd for send back to me
I said no,
because last time I bought NE 328A from them, they send me dead heli, I send them back for refund, I lose 24$ for ship to me and ship back to them, no heli but lose money ????
and question is
Turnigy T9x when turn on the screen say SWITCH ERROR is normal after try all way to switch up ??
thank for reading
just a quick google search on "Switch Error" and first thread that it brings this up:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=10373

You're not alone, seems like a bunch of people thought it was an error to...Next time, ask Google...Google is a good friend!
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
Hi all member
I said no,
and question is
thank for reading
Hk is lying to you, they took your money through Paypal and they can refund it through Paypal. File a paypal claim immediately and include the shipping money you spent.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:34 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Not putting tx switches or throttle in the proper position before turning it on is not the fault of the seller of the tx. They did address it on their forum so how is it exactly that they are lying?

If you are going to make something up, at least try to make it sound believable.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:30 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Hobby King shipping .. what the ...

I haven't ordered from them yet .. I was about to complete a basket full of props .. all MAS 3 blades .. untill I got to the shipping section of order completion. ALL these props were shown to be in stock, in the WA warehouse. I find myself looking aghast at a dozen or so shipping options .. ALL charging for international shipping.

W T .. Hobby King .. in our country, we don't ship by grams. You simply put the props into a #2 Medium USPS flat rate box (due to large diameter), and I'll get it in 3 days for $11.35 total. The weight limit is 70 pounds .. not friggen grams. I've received 40 pound flat rate boxes containing Uni-Punch parts via USPS .. this is Not rocket science.

I have ordered a lot of rc stuff on evilbay from HK and China .. All had free shipping. I just got in 3 V929 quads from BandGood. all with free shipping. Ordered on 7-15 and all arrived here by 8-1. 10 Lipos .. shipping charge was $1.70 .. got here even faster .. NorCal.

I see free shipping as a vastly simplified evolution of the current marketing model being implemented by many vendors working out of Asia. At the very least, the Washington State warehouse should get a grip, and offer realistic Domestic shipping options like USPS and UPS for in-country transactions

I do recommend BangGood .. so far, so good. Nope .. they don't carry Master Airscrew .. not yet anyway.
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:47 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I think if you get a couple steps further in the order you will see the USA shipping options.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:18 AM
on the edge
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
On any page at HK there is a button at the top that says Postage Table. In the pop up window, look at the top section for USPS Priority Mail. Some of them are higher than we usually pay for it over here but they are lower than the International shipping rates.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
on the edge
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Something else to keep in mind when ordering from China.

Don't just order the exact number of motors, ESCs, prop adapters and such. Get an extra of each. Sometimes a person will get a bad piece or something might have a missing part. If you order an extra you won't have to go through any bull and then wait weeks to get another part. Even if you receive all good parts with nothing missing, you will have spares on hand for future repairs.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke View Post

Don't just order the exact number of motors, ESCs, prop adapters and such. Get an extra of each. Sometimes a person will get a bad piece or something might have a missing part. If you order an extra you won't have to go through any bull and then wait weeks to get another part. Even if you receive all good parts with nothing missing, you will have spares on hand for future repairs.
+1 and if you find a real exceptional item its nice to share with a friend.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:36 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke View Post

+1

I bought 2 cubs, crashed one, laughed a bit, cried a bit, became depressed, thought about checking into a mental institution, but when I came home I saw the 2nd one. I'm happy again.

Saved a lot of $$$ because I didn't check into the mental institution.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
ClevelandBaller, just use Paypal......
Just to close the circle on my defective NAMC YS-11 :

Yes, the secret is to use PayPal. After very vague promises from HK Customer Services, I raised the issue with PayPal. As a result Hobby King reimbursed 100% of the purchase price. I'm very happy with the outcome.

The big help was that I ordered the model from the local warehouse with short delivery times, so I was well within the time limits of PayPal.

Lesson learned !

Chris P
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
I shan't say anything... I shan't say anything... Argghhhh!... Their customer service suck... 
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MI, Waterford
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Dont order from Hobby King if you have problems your money is gone and you'll never see it again. I've ordered from them over the past year but the moment you have problems your money is gone, and you are holding the bag.
They shipped my order to a store in Washington state I live in michigan and had to pay shippin again to get it shipped to my home.
Need less to say that want me to pay a 3rd time shipping to get it to the correct address and I've been trying to work this out for weeks.
Go somewhere else anywhere else but Hobby King.
blackden59 is offline Find More Posts by blackden59
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:08 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackden59 View Post
Dont order from Hobby King if you have problems your money is gone and you'll never see it again. I've ordered from them over the past year but the moment you have problems your money is gone, and you are holding the bag.
They shipped my order to a store in Washington state I live in michigan and had to pay shippin again to get it shipped to my home.
Need less to say that want me to pay a 3rd time shipping to get it to the correct address and I've been trying to work this out for weeks.
Go somewhere else anywhere else but Hobby King.
what did you select for them to ship it to the local warehouse in Washington state? My eyes lit up too when I saw (shipping cost Local pickup $0.00), but then another light went off in my head and said, wait I don't live in washington for local pickup...so I selected the regular USPS shipping route.

But sure if HK is too much trouble for you, pls support your LHS. You'll pay 3-5x's as much, but you'll get the hand holding and red carpet treatment. And definitely you'll be right there to pick it out so delivery won't be an issue.