HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:31 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,599 Posts
Thats a heck of a pretty spot to fly at, atari7up!
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, St. Ives
Joined May 2012
137 Posts
Name: mako.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 280.8 KB
Description: After a build that took far longer than it should have done, finally maidened yesterday. It flew like a dream, just needed a bit of down trim. Took off from water easily and landed well too. The wind flipped it over when turning during taxi back to shore so the electrics got a bit wet. That will teach me not to waterproof even if I am in a hurry!

How do I turn the picture the right way?
focae is offline Find More Posts by focae
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined May 2012
137 Posts
Name: mako.jpg
Views: 99
Size: 166.8 KB
Description: Done it, oh how I hate Windows 8!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:16 PM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak68 View Post
Thanks for sharing atari7up. I enjoyed it very much!
I experienced a less noisy motor and less jelly effect in my video's after I balanced the prop with a little patch of vinyl tape. It might do the trick for your camera too. What cam did you use? It looks sharp near and far and has a wider angle.
Great views of your Lake and mountains including a fun chase of another Mako ending in a triple splash landing. Interesting to see how the floats colors change from yellow to orange to red to white and sometimes even light blue. Chameleon skin? Will your friends post some video too? Great!
Thanks ak68 , i agree with you...the prop must be unbalance that make the jelly effect , will try to balance the prop next. i used the HK HD Wing camera that come with the fisheye lens that make a wider angle.
we go to toba lake only 3 mako and 1 polaris...the others 2 mako pilot can't join us at the time...only my mako had on board cam
atari7up is offline Find More Posts by atari7up
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:26 PM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
Atari7up, That Video is AWESOME! I am so jealous, here in michigan we are knee deep in snow. I want spring to come so bad. Please send post more videos, I love the views of the lake the blue sky and green hills. Very beautiful!

This is what it looks like outside my house.
@ aircontrol,
thanks.....i'm jealous too with your place in michigan..coz i never felt fly in the snow that we don't have in here...
i'll post some photo ASAP...after I get a copy of my friends camera.
btw MAKO is the most delicious , awsome design that i've fly.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:28 PM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by landolo View Post
atari7up, that's one beautiful location for flying. Really enjoyed the formation flying with the second Mako towards the end of the video, great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Thats a heck of a pretty spot to fly at, atari7up!
Thank you guys...

Atari7up
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:29 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,507 Posts
That yellow MAKO is sharp looking!
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:25 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,599 Posts
So whats the list of components I need to put corrosion x on? Everything? Including servo & battery connector ends?
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:49 PM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
So whats the list of components I need to put corrosion x on? Everything? Including servo & battery connector ends?
Not servo, I have heard it can mess them up. connectors should not need it, but wont hurt. ( I have had the battery totally submerged).
I put it on the motor, ESC, servo connectors, and receiver.

John.
aircontrol is offline Find More Posts by aircontrol
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined May 2012
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
That yellow MAKO is sharp looking!
Thanks......this is my first scratch build in 42 years so bit of a learning process!!

Built from pink fff as it was cheap if a bit heavy and of course a bit thicker than 6mm Depron. I really just needed to get to know what glues worked best and how to work with foam generally.

Made a couple of mistakes, forgot to add the strengthening ply squares at the back of the fuselage and found out on a slightly heavy landing on grass why they are needed....the leverage of the battery in the nose lifted the join at the back of the fuse so I will be adding them.

Otherwise, really impressed how it flew on it's first flight. Lack of dihedral nearly caught me out at first as it is quite twitchy in roll but didn't take too long to get used.

Great design.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
84 Posts
I am a scratch builder from way back. My only problem is printing the tiled letter sized plans. Problems I am having I've never experienced before printing from a PDF file in Adobe Reader. As I try printing from my HP 5L, I get garbage on the whole left side of the very first sheet, plus it tells me I am out of paper.
I have no idea what is going on with it. It's the only files for plans that I am having a problem with. If I set it to shrink to fit, they come out too small. If I set it back to no options, I lose printed lines and text. What am I doing wrong or is there something I am missing here?

John
gr8flyer55 is offline Find More Posts by gr8flyer55
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:12 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I save the plans to a thumb drive or SD card and take them to Fedex to print out. Get some really nice one sheet prints for about $10. Price varies due to size of plans. But its worth it. I'd rather pay the 10 or 12 bucks and have one large sheet. Also you can watch and have them go 50% or 75% whatever you want.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:50 PM
Nederland, ZH
Joined Dec 2011
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by focae View Post
finally maidened yesterday. It flew like a dream, just needed a bit of down trim. Took off from water easily and landed well too.
Congrats on your maiden focae. St Ives? Congrats with all that water and with the airspace too! Perfect for a Mako I think.

Here is another flight in too much wind. I just could not resist. Never mind the dot in the sky. Just enjoy the clouds instead.
Dot in the sky. (4 min 37 sec)
ak68 is offline Find More Posts by ak68
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:59 PM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Congrats on your maiden focae. St Ives? Congrats with all that water and with the airspace too! Perfect for a Mako I think.

Here is another flight in too much wind. I just could not resist. Never mind the dot in the sky. Just enjoy the clouds instead.
http://vimeo.com/59007017
Nice wind surfing ak68!
aircontrol is offline Find More Posts by aircontrol
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:09 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:

http://vimeo.com/59007017
I cant wait till our field turns from white back to green ... Counting the days ....
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member