SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
ak68's Avatar
Nederland, ZH
Joined Dec 2011
667 Posts
Poor visibility for flying: Doing a handstand instead.
mako handstand (0 min 0 sec)
ak68 is offline Find More Posts by ak68
Last edited by ak68; Dec 22, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
ak68's Avatar
Nederland, ZH
Joined Dec 2011
667 Posts
And here is the flight before: Flight between two showers. Grey and overcast, just before darkness. Still figuring out proper COG/elevator. Nose up tendency when throttling down as can be seen when slowing down for doing slow passes. Nose down tendency when accellerating after glide or slow pass. Hints anyone?

Mako evening flight (8 min 54 sec)


AK68
ak68 is offline Find More Posts by ak68
Last edited by ak68; Dec 17, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
aircontrol's Avatar
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak68 View Post
And here is the flight before: Flight between two showers. Grey and overcast, just before darkness. Still figuring out proper COG/elevator. Nose up tendency when throttling down as can be seen when slowing down for doing slow passes. Nose down tendency when accellerating after glide or slow pass. Hints anyone?

https://vimeo.com/55797389

AK68

Hey AK68, Looks like a nice place to fly. On the nose down tendency when accellerating, make sure the motor mount has at least a 6 deg forward angle. This helps offset the thrust from the motor being above the wing. It might also be just a little tail heavy.

John.
aircontrol is online now Find More Posts by aircontrol
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,575 Posts
Ok I'm up to putting the outer float pieces on, but I notice with a dry fit that its a good 1/4" too tall. Will all this be trimmed off flush? Also whats the best way to pre-bend it? And finally, is the tip of the float meant to bend down a bit to meet the outer float? Doesn't seem like it'll get a tight fit a t the tip w/o doing that.
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:14 AM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
aircontrol's Avatar
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Ok I'm up to putting the outer float pieces on, but I notice with a dry fit that its a good 1/4" too tall. Will all this be trimmed off flush? Also whats the best way to pre-bend it? And finally, is the tip of the float meant to bend down a bit to meet the outer float? Doesn't seem like it'll get a tight fit a t the tip w/o doing that.
Yes, the extra will need to be trimmed off flush. Keep corners sharp and square for better tracking in the water. Prebending can be done with a pipe or some thing round, it does not need to be heated, just apply presure and roll against the pipe. The tip of the float does not bend down, it remains parallel to the wing. Make sure you bevel the edges of the float side with a knife or sanding block.

John.
aircontrol is online now Find More Posts by aircontrol
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Ok I'm up to putting the outer float pieces on, but I notice with a dry fit that its a good 1/4" too tall.
That got me, too. And I was building a virtual model for Real Flight! Of course it's alot easier to pre-bend computer generated sytrofoam than real. When I put it where I wanted it, it stayed!
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:39 AM
Registered User
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,575 Posts
Thanks. Also, is there a reason that the forward vertical support doesnt come out far enough so the side touches it? Seems like it should.
What grit sandpaper works best for depron?
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
Registered User
ak68's Avatar
Nederland, ZH
Joined Dec 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
Hey AK68, Looks like a nice place to fly. On the nose down tendency when accellerating, make sure the motor mount has at least a 6 deg forward angle. This helps offset the thrust from the motor being above the wing. It might also be just a little tail heavy.

John.
Hello John . You are right on the tail heavyness. I did 3 more flights tonight with some extra weight shift forward and backward for testing. Backwards was worse. (Have I been drinking?) Forward was better. Given the onboard cam results i need to balance the prop incl motor. Furthermore Mako flies great. Glides excellent. Perfect dead stick landings. Funny handstand! Unlimited vertical. Next is high alfa and hover. Thanks for ideas and support.
ak68 is offline Find More Posts by ak68
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:46 AM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Mornington
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Have asked this question previously without any reply.
Is there a decal sheet in .pdf format so you can have a sign company produce the decals?

Recall original forum refers to decal sheet being available in the future but nothing found.
Theodoor is offline Find More Posts by Theodoor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
aircontrol's Avatar
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoor View Post
Have asked this question previously without any reply.
Is there a decal sheet in .pdf format so you can have a sign company produce the decals?

Recall original forum refers to decal sheet being available in the future but nothing found.
Sorry no decals yet, but we are getting close. We want to make sure they fit and stick good before selling them. I am building a new Mako for WMPF and testing the new coast guard decals that Rasterize designed.

John.
aircontrol is online now Find More Posts by aircontrol
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Mornington
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Thanks John,

Presume we will be able to purchase a set/sheet on their own and they would be available for mailing to Australia?
Cheers
Theodoor is offline Find More Posts by Theodoor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
WMParkFlyer's Avatar
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoor View Post
Thanks John,

Presume we will be able to purchase a set/sheet on their own and they would be available for mailing to Australia?
Cheers
Yes you will be able to buy the decals separate by themselves or with a plane, when they come available. We will be able to ship them world wide.

Greg M
wmparkflyers.com
WMParkFlyer is online now Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
Yakkity Yak IMAC is back
dabrandt22's Avatar
Rockton, IL
Joined Nov 2009
976 Posts
Got Mini?

Maidened the Mini Mako yesterday , which worked out well due to the first snow & blizzard here in Northern Illinois today.

Super easy build WMPF, thanks Greg & Barb!
.
dabrandt22 is offline Find More Posts by dabrandt22
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
Registered User
United States, PA, Sharon
Joined Nov 2006
31 Posts
Coast Guard templates wanted

I have my Mako completed and am ready to paint or decal. I have been trying to find the Coast Guard pattern but am having no luck. The only thing that I find are pictures that when I blow them up the edges get fuzzy. Are there any graphics for these patterns out there that is available. I have a friend that owns a print shop and he gave me some film that is used for car emblems. Boy does that stuff stick. So does anyone have any links for me. Any help would be appreciated.
knirps is offline Find More Posts by knirps
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,094 Posts
I can't wait to fly my mako in 2 feet of snow next week!!!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product West Michigan Park Flyers EPP McFoamy Plus the Free Simulator Download WMParkFlyer 3D Foamies 2921 Oct 14, 2014 07:52 AM
New Product NEW! West Michigan Park Flyers 3mm Depron McFoamy to be released!! jdracing3 3D Foamies 9 May 06, 2012 01:59 PM