SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
For those of you who have Real Flight, here's a trial verdion of the Mako. I'm sure physics are far from perfect. I'd appreciate any input from those who can help me. If you get something you like, upload an AV to this thread. Don't rename it. It makes using the physics much easier for the final version. Do not unzip the file either. Use RF's import function.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Load this AV before tweaking. This is kind of a work in progress.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
Nederland, ZH
Joined Dec 2011
671 Posts
[QUOTE=mikejo_au;23356693]Sharing another photo of the Mako, getting wet this time.QUOTE]

Thanks Aus for taken pictures as wel for polaris, twin cargo and mako. Thanks mikejo_au for posting the review on the mako flight characteristics. Especially from a polaris pilot point of view. I was still wondering about mako crosswind and flipover behaviour. Most Mako video's I've seen are without too much wind. I did corrosion-X esc and Rx but have not seen any Mako upsidedown floating pictures. Most easy way to find out a safe ESC spot is throw my new build non-maidened Mako upside down in the water and take a picture. I might have to move esc position after that.

Have fun with your very very nice Mako. I hope to be able to post some building pic's of mine next week. With weather here it may take some time to maiden.

AK68
ak68 is offline Find More Posts by ak68
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
The world in foam & tissue
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2010
620 Posts
Thanks jeffpn!
I just picked up RealFlight yesterday and was hoping someone would do this. I have yet to fly my Mako so I can make any comparisons. However, with the weather getting worse in up state NY I can now at least practice a bit for spring.
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
For those of you who have Real Flight, here's a trial verdion of the Mako. I'm sure physics are far from perfect. I'd appreciate any input from those who can help me. If you get something you like, upload an AV to this thread. Don't rename it. It makes using the physics much easier for the final version. Do not unzip the file either. Use RF's import function.
Rasterize is offline Find More Posts by Rasterize
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
The final Mako release will have the proper colors. I only build the 3D models. My friend in Texas colors them. We collaborate on all of our projects.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,515 Posts
mini mako epp foam

Made a mini mako last night. Will try to maiden when the winds die down or I get in a gym.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Made a mini mako last night. Will try to maiden when the winds die down or I get in a gym.
Nice! Let us know how the maiden goes and how it compares to the full size Mako...
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:45 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,611 Posts
It has begun!
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari7up View Post
After waiting for the motor , esc,servo arrived ....just finish my Mako today....with the 3 cells 2200 mah 35c the AUW is 22,9 oz , i seal the float using glass fiber cloth and finish cure epoxy , that make it waterproof and hard for rogging ......are that ok for the weight?
Will Maiden at this Sunday.....
*Happy Thanks giving to all our American friends
Love the color scheme! Bright colors are valuable on a clowdy day. I have friends that like the sclale look too, but it's so easy to loose a standard grey F-22 on a clowdy day!.
Baseman is offline Find More Posts by Baseman
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
Love the color scheme! Bright colors are valuable on a clowdy day. I have friends that like the sclale look too, but it's so easy to loose a standard grey F-22 on a clowdy day!.
Thanks Baseman , yes...bright color made it easy to see when clowdy day...i've made a MDC F-14 with the grey color too...but it's not good to see it when in the air
atari7up is offline Find More Posts by atari7up
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
To many planes...no way
Joined Feb 2011
32 Posts
I took out the MAKO Seaplane for it's maiden flight today (gust at 10mph, sea trials on land he he). All I can say is I had a big smile after this flight!
West Michigan Mako Seaplane first flights on land! (2 min 13 sec)
SnapshotRCFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SnapshotRCFlyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:45 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,515 Posts
Looks great, nice job!
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:52 PM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapshotRCFlyer View Post
I took out the MAKO Seaplane for it's maiden flight today (gust at 10mph, sea trials on land he he). All I can say is I had a big smile after this flight!
Nice build and Video SnapshotRCFlyer....specially the 007 intro
atari7up is offline Find More Posts by atari7up
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, NM, Corrales
Joined Jun 2007
50 Posts
My friend and I maidened our Makos on Sunday and they flew with very little trim adjustment, just a few clicks of down elevator. The 12.75" CG recommendation was dead on with inverted flight just as easy as regular flight.

We fly off of asphalt and the material supplied for the bottom of the floats rubbed thin very quickly after just a few flights. We replaced it with the 3M product used on the bottom of RC cars from our local hobby shop. The 3M product is thicker and holds up better.

Thank you Greg for such a fun airplane that flies so well. Hopefully we can take some video this weekend.

Rick
jrsflyer is offline Find More Posts by jrsflyer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:30 AM
Australia, VIC, Mornington
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
WMPF Mako

Congratulations to all the contributors for their Mako video's and information. They provide heaps of inspiration. I have now built 2 Mako's and every flight brings a smile. They are fantastic fun.
My airbrushing skills are hopeless and attempts at cutting out off-cuts from sign makers film still turn out very amateurish.
Is there a template of decals available that could be taken to a printer to provide a professional job? Page I of the original forums states that decals kits will be available in the future, but I have not found any further on the subject.
Theodoor is offline Find More Posts by Theodoor