HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:49 AM
United States, FL, Leesburg
Joined Aug 2010
154 Posts
Aircontrol thanks for all the work you put into the design. It's guys like you that make it possible for guys like me to fly.
Vance1 is offline Find More Posts by Vance1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:21 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,447 Posts
Well we just got some SNOW yesterday in NY and I was able to try the MAKO on the snow and it was a blast !!!! This plane is alot of fun just doing take offs and landings never mind how fun it is to fly.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:28 PM
Southern Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2001
604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Well we just got some SNOW yesterday in NY and I was able to try the MAKO on the snow and it was a blast !!!! This plane is alot of fun just doing take offs and landings never mind how fun it is to fly.
No snow here yet. That is what happens with me when I go float flying. I don't really care about the flying. I enjoy the long takeoffs, landings and skimming across the water.

Chris
Tomahawk is offline Find More Posts by Tomahawk
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Good points. Are Greg and Mike the designers of the Mako? If so, I would be very keen to hear their opinion on the step before I start to cut some depron. No rush though, it is a while off making it to the build bench.
This is Mike and the Mako is all John's design. I did test fly early prototypes for John and Greg and offered a few very minor suggestions but John did all the work.
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:40 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,835 Posts
Hi Ive only just found this design, which appeals to my taste in models, and Ive not read through the thread,,
but has anyone made this with a KFm4 section and left out the CF spars... KF'ing the wing will make for a cheaper build and make a good strong wing..
And being a KF fanatic with winter snows coming. I have just put this at the top of my building list...KF'd of course..
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:56 AM
Australia, VIC, Mornington
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Newbie to this forum and have recently finished Mako from plans on the site. Fantastic plane, really fun to fly.
Question: is there a possibility that someone with suitable knowledge will make a download for the Mako available for Real Flight V6?
Theodoor is offline Find More Posts by Theodoor
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:03 AM
High Voltage
Motorcity
Joined Sep 2010
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
Hi Ive only just found this design, which appeals to my taste in models, and Ive not read through the thread,,
but has anyone made this with a KFm4 section and left out the CF spars... KF'ing the wing will make for a cheaper build and make a good strong wing..
And being a KF fanatic with winter snows coming. I have just put this at the top of my building list...KF'd of course..
Yes a few pages back someone posted pics of their kmf4 scratch build mako. Looked great and reviews were positive. Forgot who did it but its in the thread.
shock is offline Find More Posts by shock
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:09 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,835 Posts
cheers I will work backward
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:24 AM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
Check out post# 236. Tomahawk did one.
aircontrol is offline Find More Posts by aircontrol
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:09 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,447 Posts
Mako Sea plane on the snow (0 min 58 sec)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:27 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,218 Posts
Looks like fun rcrich. We're getting pretty close to getting our first snow here in west Michigan so it won't be long and we'll be doing the same thing.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:33 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,447 Posts
It was a quick flight in the morning before I left for work. The snow was calling me! HAHA.
I get that same urge any time I pass a body of water that is calm and looks like glass.
rich
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:38 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
It was a quick flight in the morning before I left for work. The snow was calling me! HAHA.
I get that same urge any time I pass a body of water that is calm and looks like glass.
rich
You sound like me and one of my other flying buddies Dale. We are always on the look out for new and interesting float flying sites. We get a kick out of the challenge of flying from strange locations.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,447 Posts
Its a DISEASE
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
You sound like me and one of my other flying buddies Dale. We are always on the look out for new and interesting float flying sites. We get a kick out of the challenge of flying from strange locations.

Kinda like bush flying. That's my favourite type of fkyibg
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!