HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2012
68 Posts
Discussion
scratch made mahogany micro

hade some left over mahogany, and saw this micro thread.. i dont know if i could make it r/c?.. just thought you guys might know how...
tommyov is offline Find More Posts by tommyov
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,304 Posts
You could run it on a tether line or a preset rudder for shore to bank runs in half circle jaunts.
Amp Abuser is online now Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:12 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2012
68 Posts
that could work..can we submerge brushless like a brushed motor?...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:38 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
You don't want a brushless motor. It is a 3" cruiser so all you need is a long can 4mm pager motor. If you want a little pep, throw a 6mm regular length motor on it.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2012
68 Posts
haha i gota find a pager..lol is that what were talking about.. 1990's buzz on the belt?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
They got that name because they were primarily used for the vibration (buzz) of pagers, cellphones, and many other electronic devices. They are available from many places individually. I would happily provide you with links, but there are just too many places to find them.

Pagers do have a what can be considered as a kv rating (not really but they are directly related to one another). Ohms is the resistance of the motor. The higher the resistance, the less rpm they give, but they do give more torque. The higher the ohm, the more rpm and less torque. In our 4" racers, the difference between a 3.3ohm and 1.7ohm 7mm pager was the difference between a fun boat and a FUN boat!

Here has an older list of the original vendors.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=189526
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case