HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:31 PM
bucket of prop wash
reddinng CA
Joined Dec 2007
950 Posts
Help!
Push button Servo controller for digital servo ?

I am looking for a way to controll a servo with a push button.. 12v and be able to set the travel with it.. I would need to make it semi water proof.. I basicly need a push on release off switch with one way of travel and a nutral when button is in the off position.. any ideas would be great
garrcass is online now Find More Posts by garrcass
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,295 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for and how it is supposed to operate, but from your general description it sounds like you may want to look into using a stepper motor rather than a servo.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:58 PM
bucket of prop wash
reddinng CA
Joined Dec 2007
950 Posts
I need it to be instantanious and quick with a lot of power.. I was going to use a large digital servo but I have 12v at my disposal and I need some way to control the servo..
garrcass is online now Find More Posts by garrcass
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,807 Posts
I think 'high voltage servos' are limited to about 7.4v, though just how much more volts they would take before destruction........., it will also depend on the servo load.

If you are into making or modifying your own electronics, it could be done with a PIC chip and some programming, or even with a simple servo tester.
A servo tester generally uses a pot to control the angular position, so you could modified one by replacing the pot with fixed resistors via push button switches.

It may be simpler to ask in the - DIY Electronics forum - but do specify exactly what you want it to do, they are the 'wizz kids', but guessing what you need or are experimenting with wont help.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray