HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
also, the way copyright/patent law is such that it is a civil matter and applies to each country. lot of countries have laws that are different. that is why DIY copying is not enforced as there is no money to go after for those who care. Even where commercial copying occurs, they can only do cease and desist letters and then lawsuit. Now, i don't condon stealing either, but for DIY, I don't think it really is an issue.

also, if you use a part that you purchase, there really is no permission required from original manufacturer. (ie usage of DJI arms) original purchasing of said item basically give you the right to use as you see fit unless there is a expressly written agreement that denies you the right. (ie, some software has these type of EOLA)
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:45 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
@ ramboky.
Am going to let this one slide today as you are not worthy of a reply from me.
Go and do your home work.

My unfair violation points has being revoked.
I only hope the site head Admin will find and punishes the Mod who is giving these unfair violation points to forum members based on there own personal judgement and not based on actual forum rules.

And to other members who are receiving these unfair violation points, please do report it to the admin Mr Jim T. Graham is a very honest person.
http://www.rcgroups.com/site-suggestions-complaints-259

Just checked the weather and it will be nice tomorrow.
Whoop whoop.
Need to charge up some lipos.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:52 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,861 Posts
Look up fair use and US copyright law. I just did. There is no issue with a modeler making a hand-made copy of a copyrighted design for his own, non-commercial use. This is exactly what the modelers making a DYI frame copied from the TBS design were doing.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
SO some one closed that thread lol what a crappy thing to do i will prob. get another point for saying crappy again i don't really care the moderation on this forum is a joke its just going to drive good people away

I am sure there are a lot of moderators on here that try to do the right thing but all it takes is a few bad apples to really put a bad taste in our mouth before we say enough is enough...

Like the point i got for saying the word crappy i will prob get another point for it here

I am a member of MANY forums and have never had a point or admin warning on any of them like here i read the rules can crap or crappy is not profanity
Did you appeal the point violation?
If not you should.
This is the only way to bring the bad apples out from the dark barn and into the sunshine so we and the head Admins all can see their faces.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:41 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
the grand canyon national park service passed 2 laws in response to trappy.
The Grand Canyon National Park Service thought they had existing laws to cover RC aircraft. When they discovered they didn't they amended the laws. However, this doesn't mean the same as "This is the same guy TBS who help banned RC flying in the USA.". Not even close. Though that sentence is barely comprehensible anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
What does copyright have to do with getting forum violations?
Copyright was mentioned in the OP. I didn't mean to suggest it had anything to do with forum violations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
Look up fair use and US copyright law. I just did. There is no issue with a modeler making a hand-made copy of a copyrighted design for his own, non-commercial use. This is exactly what the modelers making a DYI frame copied from the TBS design were doing.
You and Jab are both right though, private, non-commercial copying of industrial design does appear to be perfectly legitimate in the US. And to varying degrees in most other countries too. I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
@ ramboky.
Am going to let this one slide today as you are not worthy of a reply from me.
Go and do your home work.
Yours was the fourth post I'd read today by someone demonizing Trappy as the death of FPV using half truths or misinformation so perhaps my response was excessive. But like so many others here you're quite happy to keep repeating the same garbage without checking the actual facts for yourself. I did my homework, you just copied someone else's.

That aside, I'm not for a second saying you deserved any infraction points. The moderation system on RCG is bloody absurd and seems to be used almost entirely as a sly and underhanded way to silence people. It's what's led to the steady decline of the FPV forum here and the rapid growth of other forums where people can actually disagree with each other without getting banned.
ramboky is offline Find More Posts by ramboky
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboky View Post
You and Jab are both right though, private, non-commercial copying of industrial design does appear to be perfectly legitimate in the US. And to varying degrees in most other countries too. I was wrong.
Hat's off to you. This is perhaps the most mature reply to a discussion I have seen in a multicopter thread the last 6 months.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:49 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboky View Post
The Grand Canyon National Park Service thought they had existing laws to cover RC aircraft. When they discovered they didn't they amended the laws. However, this doesn't mean the same as "This is the same guy TBS who help banned RC flying in the USA.". Not even close. Though that sentence is barely comprehensible anyway.

I agree with you, completely. And I also have no aggression towards trappy.

Just pointing out that Trappy may not have gotten all FPV banned in the US. But he did get 2 laws banning RC flight in certain areas which will/does affect us. So hexa was over exaggerating.... But not 100% wrong.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Apr 2011
6 Posts
i don't understand you guys.
I thought forum was to getting or giving help for fellas. No, sorry it's for making money...

So if you don't make money with this forum, why do you bother about warning point or bannishment?

my point: KCUF this forum! Mod can ban me, i don't care! I know the system: you start serving people and then you try to enslave people like facebook.

I'm a REBEL! hey Adidas, you remember i get a warning point because of you... LOL
oyibo is offline Find More Posts by oyibo
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:27 AM View Post
TBSClarification
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
After calculating the equation
All I can come up with is
1: The member is a mod using a different user name other than his mod user name.
Or 2: The member is a close friend of the mod who is giving these unfair violation point.

If one type some thing that offends them or him and there is no way to infract a member by the post, they then rampage through your past post seeking for some thing to report you on.
If they still don't find any dirt they end up sending false violation Points.
Very lame. Lol

I have proof as it has be done to me more than once.

I mention before am not the greatest with the English language but I do hold a phd in psychology, A star.
I do know how the mind ticks.

And all I can say this negative behaviour among us need to end.
we should be able to disagree and banter lightly without taking things to a next level.
Treat or reply to a person the same way you would like to be replied to.

Negativity can never out shine positivity.
And too much negativity in a mans system will harm him faster than cigarets does. ( no offence about cigaret smoking am smoker as well)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:05 AM View Post
TBSClarification
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
@ Tbs
Dude I have no thing against you other than the New York thing
I was one of them who posted on your YouTube link asking you to pull the video few days after.
As you knew Ny city is very sensitive. A Video like that do send some good thrills to some and
Also did woke up paranoia to some.

I did discussed this on other forum and I did noticed USA pass new rc law few days after.

Any way man I have nothing against you. Am more fighting these unfair points violation some members are receiving from mods.

And yep it is great that your idea frame style has inspire some to copy it for there own personal use.
That's what's the hobby is about.
You start some thing the other guy picked it up add to it, improve it and so on. Evolution.
Take it easy man.
Last edited by hexa; Jul 23, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:18 AM View Post
TBSClarification
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSClarification View Post
Well in that case don't you think an apology is in order to Trappy? Or would you enjoy being made responsible for something you had no part in? Are you going to continue to spread these lies? and if yes, what is your motivation to do so?
I do apologise if my statement sounds a bit exaggerating.
But not on the fact that tour NY Stunt did motivate the USA to implement sertain restrict in the USA.

What is done is done. Can't fix
We live and learn every day happy the man who learn from his mistakes.
Take it easy.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
As said before this thread is not about you or your stunts and what you did you knew what you did was wrong so don't come here trying to prove any.

If you like, pm me a link of other forum and I may reply there.