HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Discussion
Why are there so many back stabbing and politics in multi rotor area of the forum

I woke up to 2 points today for rule violation,

The reason you have been warned is because:

violation 1
Quote:
The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: User Account Violation (Avatar)
The user's avatar qualifies as offensive content or includes an advertisement for a non-sponsor.
violation 2
Quote:
Reason: User Account Violation (Custom User Title)
The user's Custom User Title qualifies as offensive content or contains an ad for a non-sponsor.
My avatar dose not have any form of the above nor does my custom user title.

funny enough this all happened after I made some post in this thread,
which is now locked. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694267

I made post about diy designing plates for free,
member reply saying we are copyright infringing,
I reply stating there is no copy right violation for making frame plates using dji arms.
If thats the case TBS who he is supporting would also be violating copy right,
This is the same guy TBS who help banned RC flying in the USA.
The same dude who is banned from RCG.

Whats wrong with creating and sharing knowledge for free, isn't what this forum is about?

My avatar has not being changed since
My custom user title has not be changed since.
so why all of a sudden I am reported and inflicted with forum violation after replying in this thread.
I wonder if this member is a Moderator?

I know there are a few members on here who do not like seeing me around.
Dudes if you have a problem with me. man up, send me a PM we discus it in there and done with these game playing,
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Last edited by hexa; Jul 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
welcome to the club.
people around here can't take the truth and would rather report you for ???.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
why my reply with 2 other folks got deleted with out any notification
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Its a shame I have never seen any thing like this before on a forum.
The post are getting deleted.

I made a new thread in complains section as I am blocked from the appeals section. about the unfairness thats going on on here,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1696675
Last edited by hexa; Jul 22, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
Wow, my post got deleted!? This is a new low even for rcg.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
As a newish user of these forums, it's very offputting to see so many users posts hidden, when they often contain valuable information, or at worst, simple opinions. It feels like it punishes everyone else more than it punishes the 'offender'.

Moderation is great... but only in moderation

(Edit: Oops, my post wasn't deleted, it's now here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1696654 )
bluescrn is offline Find More Posts by bluescrn
Last edited by bluescrn; Jul 22, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
My points got ran up over night back at the first of June with no reason why. They won't even tell me why. I am thiking that RCG has been hacked. Here is what RCG tells me this is copied and pasted all this happen in one night logged in one morning to find this.

Because your infraction level has reached 4 points, your custom user title and avatar will no longer be displayed next to your posts.
Because your infraction level has reached 6 points, you are no longer able to access certain forums, and your posts' quote/reply buttons will be disabled.
Because your infraction level has reached 8 points, all of your posts will appear collapsed by default.

Oh well I found better things to do like build my aircraft. bahhumbug RCG
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
From the outside it looks like someone is gaming the system, and getting away with it because of admins not really checking if the infractions are valid or not.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
post by kd4wen
My points got ran up over night back at the first of June with no reason why. They won't even tell me why. I am thiking that RCG has been hacked. Here is what RCG tells me this is copied and pasted all this happen in one night logged in one morning to find this.

Because your infraction level has reached 4 points, your custom user title and avatar will no longer be displayed next to your posts.
Because your infraction level has reached 6 points, you are no longer able to access certain forums, and your posts' quote/reply buttons will be disabled.
Because your infraction level has reached 8 points, all of your posts will appear collapsed by default.

Oh well I found better things to do like build my aircraft. bahhumbug RCG
You should fight it mate dont let it slide,
here is the rcg contacts page
http://www.rcgroups.com/pages/contacts/
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:28 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
yeah i dont like the idea of the mods deleting posts....

point I get and understand but censorship that isnt spam or XXX i dont get.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:26 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa
If thats the case TBS who he is supporting would also be violating copy right,
1) TBS got permission from DJI for using their arms as part of their Discovery kit.
2) Copyright of industrial design is implicit - it does not need to be claimed in writing.
3) The "diy" frames you were talking about in the other thread were direct copies of the TBS Discovery frame. There was no original design. They are an obvious violation of copyright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa
This is the same guy TBS who help banned RC flying in the USA.
The same dude who is banned from RCG.
Seriously, where do you guys get this BS?

I've seen an absurd number of people on RCG claiming that Trappy was somehow responsible for having RC/FPV banned in the US. Do two things for me: 1) Show me the law(s) that came into effect to ban FPV since Trappy first flew in the US. 2) Show me a connection between those laws and Trappy's actions. You know what? You can't do either, because you're talking absolute rubbish.

You want to know the reason there is so much politics and back stabbing in this forum? It's because of people like you, who spread the lies of people with agendas because you're too lazy to check the facts.
ramboky is offline Find More Posts by ramboky
Last edited by ramboky; Jul 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Apparently I can say "BS" but I can't use any other abbreviation of the phrase!?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
the grand canyon national park service passed 2 laws in response to trappy.

that is not a joke or wrong... they were directly in reponse to his flying and then whining about it when they took his gear.

I like trappy. i have no problems with him and bought a TBS 690 a long time ago..... but he will even admit that the grand canyon is not legal to fly in with RC due to him.

ask him on FB or MR
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
What does copyright have to do with getting forum violations?

And since copyright was mentioned. As long you don't plan on making or selling a commercial product, you can copy designs and use whatever parts you want from whatever brand or product in any way you see fit. Siting copyright in the context of DIY and private usage is a non issue.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
SO some one closed that thread lol what a crappy thing to do i will prob. get another point for saying crappy again i don't really care the moderation on this forum is a joke its just going to drive good people away

I am sure there are a lot of moderators on here that try to do the right thing but all it takes is a few bad apples to really put a bad taste in our mouth before we say enough is enough...

Like the point i got for saying the word crappy i will prob get another point for it here

I am a member of MANY forums and have never had a point or admin warning on any of them like here i read the rules can crap or crappy is not profanity
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Last edited by gitit20; Jul 22, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Yeah if copyright had anything to do with it the RCtimer S800 clone, rabbit FC and MK clone threads would be shut down too.