HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
189 Posts
Discussion
Maidened the Sea Fury - finally!

After running three tanks of nitro through the thing, and being cursed by bad weather, then dicky retracts, then an engine that would stall, the Sea Fury ARF I assembled a month ago took off tonight.

Bit of a cheater though - I'd had a pretty good day, flew my TWM T-34 a few times, the Cub, plus some electrics (SE5a, Extra) - but was sh*t-scared to do the maiden flight.

Fortunately our President and I had hit the Bundy at a ball the night before so he knew I was going to try and test the beasty. He got it tuned right, then took off before handing me the tx. Great fun model - zippy and looks great. After a few minutes he landed it, we fiddled with the throws a bit on the elevator and it was time to pack up.

Already looking forward to next Saturday morning - will take it out before the kids' junior sport and go for broke.

Might even put the fake radial section under the cowl and make it look even meaner...

Totalled up the cost in time for the infectious hobby: since I started in early 2010, I've clocked up over 140 hours of air time. Being very close to the most open and casual model aero club is a big factor!
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts