HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Toledo, OHIO
Joined May 2007
79 Posts
Here is the second crash, could have been radio loss but i was not that far out.

Naza GPS crash (3 min 46 sec)

Just for giggles here is a video of the radio when flying my compass 7hv. If i had drifting problems in my pots i would have major problems with the beast x flybarless system because it reacts to trim as an input. Meaning you can not use trim or subtrim or you will have major issues.

compass7hv (8 min 19 sec)
David Canfield is offline Find More Posts by David Canfield
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:55 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
David,

That looks identical to the problem with one of my Naza's. I just put together a hex with a naza, and it is perfect... for now... Hopefully it stays that way.
Chris Moon is offline Find More Posts by Chris Moon
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:26 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Canfield View Post
Here is the second crash, could have been radio loss but i was not that far out.

http://youtu.be/CFs9YDHjjuU

Just for giggles here is a video of the radio when flying my compass 7hv. If i had drifting problems in my pots i would have major problems with the beast x flybarless system because it reacts to trim as an input. Meaning you can not use trim or subtrim or you will have major issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-64sM0wMM
Yeah man I would be at a loss also... what I would do, is recreate the issue and then plug her in. Let's see what the software is seeing.. right now we are all shooting in the drak!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: GenAce Tattu 25c 22,000mah 6s1p
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:42 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
I also get GPS problems frequently at random. Works perfectly, then at times takes off in a random direction and keeps attempting to fly that way. Switching to ATT or Manual stops the drift, but switching back causes it to fly away again.

Not confirmed, but I'm pretty sure this happens when I go from full signal to 'less' of a signal on GPS when flying outdoors, but this does not occure every time this has happend. For now, I use the GPS, but don't rely on it.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Last edited by Exploding Fist; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:35 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
Maybe we can compare serial numbers to see if maybe that has some relation to the problematic nazas?

At least the first 6 or 7 numbers...
Chris Moon is offline Find More Posts by Chris Moon
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,432 Posts
Possibly the GPS is lossing sats in flight but without the means to see the actual count real time there is no way to know. It is very possible to have a high count on the ground but lose them once the aircraft is in motion because the movement makes it harder to maintain contact. It is also possible to have sats aquired but with weak signals that are fragile. I've flown FPV from the beginning with OSD's that display GPS data and have experienced the sat loss myself. My problems were caused by RF interference from other on-board electric devices.

There is a free PC software that shows the strength of the individual sats, which is helpful during ground testing when you can disconnect other components one by one to see the affect. It does however require special cabling to splice into the GPS signal.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Last edited by Gary Evans; Jul 23, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
I noticed last night that when hovering in place I would have the consistent single green flash in GPS mode but when I would move around via pitch or roll I would get quick double or triple flashes of red followed by one green which indicates partial loss of gps signal. It does that any time I pitch or roll while in GPS mode so that would indicate to me that there may be elctrical interference going on. Does anyone concur with that theory?
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Last edited by R Hudson; Jul 23, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
I noticed last night that when hovering in place I would have the consistent single green flash in GPS mode but when I would move around via pitch or roll I would get quick double or triple flashes of red followed by one green which indicates partial loss of gps signal. It does that any time I pitch or roll while in GPS mode so that would indicate to me that there may be elctrical interference going on. Does anyone concur with that theory?
That just means the controller is receiving stick input .. So that is also a way to tell if trim is enabled or something is feeding the fc a stick input!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Thanks for the info. Hmmm.......interesting. One thing for sure, I've been into airplanes and helis for years. So far multis have involved the most massive amount of information so far. I do mean this as a good thing though
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Doesn't 'two green' flashes indicate the stick input not being centred? Tripple red would mean the GPS signal is lost, which is the same symptoms I seem to be seeing some of the time.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Doesn't 'two green' flashes indicate the stick input not being centred? Tripple red would mean the GPS signal is lost, which is the same symptoms I seem to be seeing some of the time.
Triple red means it has less than 5 sats so it could be 0-4. Manual P38.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
Triple red means it has less than 5 sats so it could be 0-4. Manual P38.
Right. I'm just pointing out the red flashes has nothing to do with the stick inputs.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Battery specs? Age? Balanced every charge?

Could be a brownout...
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
Toledo, OHIO
Joined May 2007
79 Posts
My batteries are less than two months old, I fly once a week and always balance charge every time.

My receivers on all three crash had solid lights indicating no loss of receiver power.
David Canfield is offline Find More Posts by David Canfield
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Right. I'm just pointing out the red flashes has nothing to do with the stick inputs.
re-reading his post he did say red flashes with green.

Yes red flashes are loss of gps lock... But double green is gps with some kind of stick input..That will give you an idea about radio drift or anything else.
Site Sponsor