HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Rssailor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
871 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
Cool fun RC Sailboat for sail $650.00

This is an IOM sailboat for sale. Its exactly one meter long and with the rig on it over seven feet tall. This boat comes with no radio gear except the rudder servo. If someone need advice on what radio to use with the boat, let me know. You only need two channels to control the boat. The complete A rig for the boat is included that I built with Vector sails in June of 2011. The rig cost about four hundred fifty dollars and includes a ball race gooseneck, sailsetc. main and jib boom and the mast is a groovy 12.3MM section. I just rebuilt the rig and made it better with some of the rig tips that I have learned in the year or so that I have been back in model sailing. The boat will only need a two channel radio, receiver battery and an RMG winch to make the boat sailable. If the buyer needs a sail winch, an RMG 280D can be include with drum for one hundred twenty five dollars extra. I would be happy to assist whoever purchases the boat if they need advice on how to set the boat up. It is not a complicated boat and is a lot of fun to sail.
This is a great starter boat for anyone looking to get into racing or sailing RC sailboats. There are lots of clubs that sail IOMs, check on the AMYA website for club info.
I would be interested in a trade for an Infinity 54 and am ok with
Paying the difference in price.
Contact me if you want more info.
I would be happy to ship the boat to anyone in the US and of course buyer pays shipping. I have a tube for sending the mast in and can get a box for the boat, plus tube to store the rolled sails in.
Rssailor is online now Find More Posts by Rssailor
Last edited by Rssailor; Aug 03, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
That is a very clean boat. HMMMMMM.
512gearhead is offline Find More Posts by 512gearhead
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
871 Posts
It has a professional LPU paint job and I have spent a lot of time tweaking the boat and getting it right. It was not right when I got it as a bare hull, keel, and rudder which cost twice what I am asking before I built a rig for it and then put another mast on it later. Well this whole thing is a big learning process.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
southern oregon
Joined Feb 2010
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
IOM Vessel

Sir, what is the length and beam of the hull. Also the can with all of the wires showing in the photo, does it go under the deck foreward ??? Regards, Randy
Randy Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Randy Shaw
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Nov 2010
871 Posts
Randy
The boat is one meter long or just under fourty inches. Beam is approx five inches, never measured that. The pot has a special spot under the cockpit made for it and keeps the battery and reciever dry.
Closed Thread