Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
Trader Rating: 74
Alert
I fear Greyhound has lost my package!

lpjamb Please respond

I'm not sure what else I can do. . Five weeks ago I sent payment for a new Hangar 9 Cessna 182 150 size kit. The seller says he shipped it and provided me with a GLI #. Everything seemed good, but now I can't get a hold of him by phone or PM. Last contact I had with him was 3 weeks ago. I contacted him telling him I still had not received the plane. He stated he would look into it and get back to me. Next step is to file a local police report, and fax copies to the police department in his town( I really don't want to go that route ). Has anyone else had this happen to them .I really believe he shipped the plane and greyhound lost it, now he has to step up and file a claim.I did pay him extra to insure it.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Last edited by handyman 220; Jul 22, 2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Calmed down
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Have you contacted Greyhound with the number? What did they say? Coming from the left coast it may have been transferred. Did you go to the local terminal and check ? Sometimes the boxes get pushed in a corner and ignored. Did the seller put the ARF inside another plain cardboard box to ship? If not and someone saw the pictures of the plane on the outside it could have been stolen.
I read the thread. He is a new user with limited trade ratings. Did you pay with a money order and not paypal? He account was logged on 4 days ago so someone is turning on his computer.
If you payed my MO and you get no satisfaction you can file a report with the USPS and the IC3.
Hope it works out for you. Hope he sees this and chimes in.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
I paid with a postal money order. I have contacted greyhound several times and all they could tell me was that it wasn't at their depot and could still be in transit, but even they felt 5 weeks was a long time According to the shipper he was going to double box it. I did see he logged on 4 days ago, that is when I pm'd him again. before that he did not log in for 2 weeks. Prior to that he was logging in everyday and answering PM's and his phone calls. I was a little leery because he was a new user and had a limited trader rating. After talking with him on the phone I thought everything was good. As I stated before I really believe he shipped it, but now it seems like he doesn't want to take responsibility for it not being delivered.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
My experience with Greyhound has been good. There is a way to prepare the box for Greyhound to make it almost impossible to get lost and if he didn't do that then it could be sitting in some station somewhere and no one knows what to do with it.
Well he is the seller and his responsibility doesn't end until you receive the item and are satisfied or receive a refund from him. He needs to start the investigation and if it comes to it he needs to file the insurance claim , reimburse you, then wait for it to be resolved to get his money or item back.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
As usual I'll start with my usual response. First, more details (like a thread, and dates) Dial it back on the "scammed, ripped off, did not deliver" verbiage. You have absolutely no proof of that. You started by saying the seller provided you with a GLI number. That in and of itself seems to indicate he brought the item to a counter, paid for shipping, and handed off the goods. How is that scammed, ripped off etc? At this point it looks like the shipping entity screwed up.

Now, the seller could have been more responsive for sure, that's usually where things go wrong. Would love them to chime in here and give their side of the story.

Newer seller, not a ton of feedback...and you used a money order? Don't do that again.

You can go the whole police dept route, but chances are that is a complete waste of time and dead end.

Your best bet is Greyhound. Start where they accepted the item, then work your way as far as you can with each place it went. Get the names of local, regional, and national management. If you can't get a good response....drop a line on their facebook page about poor service/response. Then Twitter...then their customer service dept, then BBB.

Don't be a squeaky wheel, be a roaring one.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,404 Posts
Trader Rating: 158
I have to say my experience with greyhound was terrible. The package I was expecting was set outside next to a dumpster. If I hadn't been there every day looking for the package, I never would have received it. Horrible service to say the least, I will NEVER use them for shipping nor will I go though with a transaction where a seller plans on using greyhound. Remember, their business is to transport people... not packages.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:41 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Any tracking number or any proof of shipment? Did you just send some stranger $$ in the mail and not insist on any kind of proof or receipt? In hindsight does that seem like a good idea?

Check and see if the money order is cashed. File police report. DONT SEND STRANGERS MONEY WITHOUT SOME KIND OF RECEIPT OR PROOF OF TRANSACTION ANY MORE.
topforce is online now Find More Posts by topforce
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
As usual I'll start with my usual response. First, more details (like a thread, and dates) Dial it back on the "scammed, ripped off, did not deliver" verbiage. You have absolutely no proof of that. You started by saying the seller provided you with a GLI number. That in and of itself seems to indicate he brought the item to a counter, paid for shipping, and handed off the goods. How is that scammed, ripped off etc? At this point it looks like the shipping entity screwed up.

Now, the seller could have been more responsive for sure, that's usually where things go wrong. Would love them to chime in here and give their side of the story.

Newer seller, not a ton of feedback...and you used a money order? Don't do that again

You can go the whole police dept route, but chances are that is a complete waste of time and dead end.

Your best bet is Greyhound. Start where they accepted the item, then work your way as far as you can with each place it went. Get the names of local, regional, and national management. If you can't get a good response....drop a line on their facebook page about poor service/response. Then Twitter...then their customer service dept, then BBB.

Don't be a squeaky wheel, be a roaring one.
1st I used a postal MO (felony for mail fraud)
2nd I have no idea where he mailed it from. There are 3or4 bus depots near him.
3rd I have already sent an e-mail to greyhounds customer service(no response to this date)
I have called greyhound several times with the GLI #, It can't be used to track a package. It is pretty much useless other than proof of him sending something through greyhound.
The best response I received was that it could be sitting in NY waiting for a J model bus due to the size of the package.
The only other thing I can say AGAIN is I believe he shipped it, but GH dropped the ball. Now he should step up and take responsibility for the package not being delivered. I have PM'd him, he has logged on after my PM, and there has been no reply. I have tried calling to no avail. That is why I will send a police report to his town and let law enforcement take over.

June 9th is when the transaction started
lpjamb
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 1

Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skyline 95" ARF
I have a Brand new in Box H9 Cessna 182 Skyline ARF with a 95" wing, I never had the time to complete this project, so she has to find another home. PRICE is $450 I prefer local pick-up in Socal or I can ship at buyer's expense. Cash on pick-up or MO only
Here are some specs:
Trimscheme Colors: HANU870 White
Wingspan: 94.75 in (2406 mm)
Overall Length: 76.75 in (1949 mm)
Wing Area: 1246 sq in (80.39 dm≤)
Flying Weight: 16.5 - 18.5 lb (7.48 - 8.22 kg)
Engine Size: 1.20-2.10 (2-stroke), 1.50-2.00 (4-stroke), 23-26cc (Gas)
Radio: 5 channels
Servos: 8
Last edited by handyman 220; Jul 22, 2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: added his ad
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Thanks for the additional information. I know is sucks big time to have spent your hard earned money and be where you are now. But take a step back at this point. You need to realize that there is nothing criminal going on here. I get the whole money order postal fraud thing....take a guess as to how long you would be involved in trying to get that resolved that way? Do you think any govt. agency is going to get to involved in a $450 transaction? And that's presuming your seller did anything wrong. In your case, he did absolutely nothing wrong. He shipped your package as promised and agreed to. It's GH you have the issue with. How is the seller CRIMINALLY responsible here? He is not. That's why I suggested dialing back the "i've been ripped off" comments, and that your seller didn't deliver. It's not fair, since it's completely inaccurate. He might also not be responding because of another reason. How have your communications been with him? Any threats of legal action, name calling etc etc? Again, if I was getting barraged like that (if that was actually what happened), I would probably cease communications as well. I wish the seller would get involved here and level the playing field.

Your seller did his part legally. Morally, well that's a different ball game. From his perspective, he's probably thinking he did what he was supposed to do, and that GH should be involved now. Hindsight and such, this is again one of the benefits of Paypal, notwithstanding some drawbacks to using them. In this case, had PP been used, you could have filed a complaint of non receipt, and you would have had your money back, 100% no doubt. Since the seller could not ultimately provide proof of delivery, he would have lost. I know PP has it's detractors, and I'm one of them at times. I have never lost a "did not receive" complaint as a buyer, and have never won one as a seller.

Like I said before, I think your issue is with GH. Dial up the pressure on them. What I described above is a play on something called the EECB that I've seen numerous times over at another website I read daily called "The Consumerist". EECB stands for Executive Email Carpet Bomb. Read up on it here:

http://consumerist.com/2007/05/how-t...rpet-bomb.html

It almost always results in a good response from the entity they are going after.

Here is another option for you. Complete this form that I've linked to. You can use the Greyhound in Hartford as the defendant. Send a copy of that along with your written complaint. I think you'll get a response.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cv040.pdf
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
FYI your seller is in Southern California.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
Thank you for the link. Yes I know the seller is in So Cal. All correspondence with him has been great up until July 1st when i contacted him to let him know i still had not received the package (no name calling very polite).Sellers response was he would look into it and get back to me. I did not hear from him again. He did not log on for 2 weeks(vacation maybe?) When I saw he logged on I PM'd him to again say I had no package (again polite ) He logged on after my PM, still no reply from him. I am still positive he shipped the plane. I just wish he would acknowledge that he has received my PM's and get a claim going with greyhound. I realize that I might only be able to collect $350.00 for the insurance claim,it's better than nothing.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
It's good to hear that insurance was/might have been purchased. You're right, at least it's something.

That being said.....I would still suggest revising the comments that your seller did not deliver, and that you have been ripped off. It doesn't appear that either are factually correct.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
Already taken care of that. I just had to vent. Seller had been very attentive up to when I contacted him to let him know I had not received the plane. I know people go on vacations in the summer so I assumed that was his reasoning for not responding(2 weeks) originally. If I could initiate a claim with greyhound I would, but I was told the shipper has to start the claim.
Last edited by handyman 220; Jul 22, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I hear ya! Hard to believe a package of this size is sitting somewhere and can't be found. I had a fully built Sig Tristar shipped to me from Ohio using greyhound. When I picked it up in Hartford (at the Pete Pan counter) the box was HUGE. I know their main priority is shipping people from point A to point B..but man, how can they miss something this big. Keep us updated.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
I will keep you updated. Thanks for the voice of reason. I still hope it will be delivered I have heard of packages taking 6 weeks for delivery. I was told the package was 69''x26''x20'' @39 lbs. I contacted Horizon, the Hangar 9 Cessna shipped from them is 60''x20''x14'' approx 20lbs, so I'm assuming he double boxed it for shipping. I have done this many times myself using a bigger box than necessary.