HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Sold
450 heli with 4 flights on it for sale. BNF Price reduced a LOT

I have no idea what this heli is worth as a second hand bird. It's brand new but I'm experiencing vibration with it. Not enough to affect the gyro, but vibration nonetheless. For the full story, watch the video below.

I'm thinking about asking 200 180$ OBO with the RX included or 180 160 $ without the RX. If this price is too high, please someone chime in and tell me what a decent price would be for this heli.

In the following video I show how the heli flies fine, albeit, with some vibration. I also explain this heli's history and why I'm selling. Watch the video before you reply to this thread.

PM if interested.

Best,
Chris

450 Heli For Sale (8 min 9 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
That is a very reasonable price. Good luck!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
That is a very reasonable price. Good luck!
Well, thank you. That's good to hear.

The price is including shipping worldwide by the way. (Registered air mail with tracking number) Add 15$ to the selling price if you want EMS express delivery.

Spare parts include:

1x NIP flybar
2x NIP main shafts
3x NIP feathering shafts
1x metal tail box that is missing one screw
1x dive belt
2x old 3s, 2200 mAh batteries. They work fine but they are a bit puffy. Use at your own risk.
Plus some spare screws, servo arms, etc.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
dear sir, my son whois 10 and i are atempting to get into thishobby but weve bought alot of junk and dont quite have a large budget to shop new . please call me @ 216 323 3174 so we can discuss this. i would greatly appreciate it. thankyou, jason swenders you may call anytime.
jswenders is offline Find More Posts by jswenders
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswenders View Post
dear sir, my son whois 10 and i are atempting to get into thishobby but weve bought alot of junk and dont quite have a large budget to shop new . please call me @ 216 323 3174 so we can discuss this. i would greatly appreciate it. thankyou, jason swenders you may call anytime.
I just tried calling you but got no answers. Then I looked at the time difference and I'm guessing it's really early in the morning, there, now. We are in a completely different time zone.

Frankly, I don't think this is the right heli for you. You need to know how to fly a 6 channels CP heli to fly this heli. It's a big heli! Not something I would let a 10 year old play with, either. This heli has the potential to kill a grown man if you fly it into yourself. It's not a toy. It's big, it's aggressive, it's fast, it's heavy and if you crash it you will need repairs.

I would recommend you look into 120 class helis if you want to give CP (6 channels) helis a go. With a 10 year old son, you'd probably be better off looking at 4 channels fixed pitch helis to start off with.

I'll still sell it to you if you really want it, but you've been warned, Sir. Bottom line is yo do not want this heli.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Alright.... Not enough interest so I'm reducing the price. 190$ with the RX, and 170$ without the RX. Shipped worldwide.

PM if interested, though, I will give jswenders first bids since he contacted me first, but like I said, I really don't think he should use this heli as an entry model for him and his son. The ball is in his court.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Down to 180$ with the RX, or 160$ without the RX.

This is starting to sound like a bargain to me...

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
It's not 3D am just new
United States, KS, Junction City
Joined Mar 2010
217 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Hey Chris,
For that heli your price is just fine. Just a little advice. If you do balance the flybar and the blades, your vibes just might go away. Also sounds like your main and tail hear is wobbling when you first power up the heli. Like I said your price is fine. It seems to be an easy fix for someone to purchase.
dwight2k is online now Find More Posts by dwight2k
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight2k View Post
Hey Chris,
For that heli your price is just fine. Just a little advice. If you do balance the flybar and the blades, your vibes just might go away. Also sounds like your main and tail hear is wobbling when you first power up the heli. Like I said your price is fine. It seems to be an easy fix for someone to purchase.
If you look at the video again, you'll see that the tail fin gets caught on the mat/dog house roofing and the tail blades hit the mat causing the tail vibration on startup.

Not sure how to balance the flybar on this, and as for the blades, I only have a micro blades balancer. I know there are alternatives to balancing the blades, but I've just lost patience with this model and I know I won't fly it much anyways since I almost only fly quads nowadays. I may eventually get bored with quads and go back to helis, but not just yet. I still have a couple other CP helis I'm keeping, too. Smaller ones that aren't as costly when crashing.

Thank you kindly for the helpful thoughts, Sir.

Now someone please buy this from me... I really don't want to lower the price again. I think at 150$ it's a very good price.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,384 Posts
Sold, payment pending.

Chris

Edit: Payment received. Sold to lebaez.

Thank you.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Aug 01, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Closed Thread