Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Thanks for your reports Orion, I am very pleased that you like the plane. Honestly speaking, I didn't expect anything other than that.

I can't wait to get one for myself.
Riddlers is offline Find More Posts by Riddlers
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Hey guys, can't wait to get my hands on this one! I've always loved the classic stout and round look of the Pitts S2. Thanks for the info and updates Orion Pax, they've been really helpful! . Found some pics of the full size Plane this one is modeled after.
http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...hp?id=01757943
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Gabri...8823d70fde4536
bruins is offline Find More Posts by bruins
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins View Post
Hey guys, can't wait to get my hands on this one! I've always loved the classic stout and round look of the Pitts S2. Thanks for the info and updates Orion Pax, they've been really helpful! . Found some pics of the full size Plane this one is modeled after.
http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...hp?id=01757943
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Gabri...8823d70fde4536
me too. that why im glad i didnt get the other pitts, bananna hobby, sells "the hybrid",.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:26 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Just got back from flying a couple more flights. Man this plane is fun!!!! I just take her off and start beating on her...and she takes it and keeps on going. Very good manners. I still need to sort out my CG but I am having fun just getting to know her. I have some video, I just need to get it compiled and uploaded for everyone here.

Orion

PS. Your welcome Bruins. I am the same way about the styling of this pits as you are.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
me too. that why im glad i didnt get the other pitts, bananna hobby, sells "the hybrid",.
Hi Sandman
Why are you glad you didnt get the other one?
thanks
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
Hi Sandman
Why are you glad you didnt get the other one?
thanks
i like the stout look more than the cigar shape biplane . its a cosmetic thing for me , has nothing to do with performance .
Orion im glad the plane is working out for you . if it wasnt that im going to NEAT fair for 4 days and also picking up a plane a seler is holding for me there a hard to find new in the box muliplex twinjet .if it wasnt for that .i would had purchased this plane .
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:04 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Hey Everyone. Here is my video.

FMS Pitts Warming Up.wmv (5 min 20 sec)

Orion
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuJl...ature=youtu.be

Orion
Love it, thanks for sharing
Riddlers is offline Find More Posts by Riddlers
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:

Orion
you look like your having too much fun. i like the way she flies , how much air time are you getting, it looks like it got some decent speed to her as well
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:42 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Thanks guys!

Sandman, Most of that flight was at half throttle, including the fly-bys. At half throttle I can milk out around 8 min on a 3700. Yesterday I flew at a varied throttle range with many visits to full throttle and I got 6 min. So for windy days and full throttle fun 6 min is the norm. i will probably just set my timer to that and leave me time for go arounds if I have to waive off for some reason.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
those are not bad flight times at all. for me that is . most of my planes run around that fligth time(5~6min) the only plane that i fly more than 6min is my funcub. it can stay up for around 15min , and even with that amount of flight time i have my timer set at 8min , and land. i cant stay up in the air for long periods .
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:23 AM
How Low Can You Go!
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2011
7 Posts
Quote:

Orion
Nice flying Orion!! it looks like it tracks very good (as a biplane should)

is there allot of prop torque when taking off or is any rudder input necessary?
JJFlyboy is offline Find More Posts by JJFlyboy
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well that's a "It depends" kind of a question. I like a slow and gradual take off and I find that I need to feed it some right rudder on take of to keep it pointing down the runway. Now I am sure that the faster you hammer the throttle the more right rudder usage you will need. How much or how bad the torque is I just don't know as I don't pound the throttle on take off.

Orion
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
429 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Well that's a "It depends" kind of a question. I like a slow and gradual take off and I find that I need to feed it some right rudder on take of to keep it pointing down the runway. Now I am sure that the faster you hammer the throttle the more right rudder usage you will need. How much or how bad the torque is I just don't know as I don't pound the throttle on take off.

Orion
Its tuff growing old,i sum times i slip up. Freddy
Fired Up is offline Find More Posts by Fired Up
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
Quote:

Orion
Hey Orion, great video, listen i got mine and have it assembled but since i am usinf 2x3s 4500mah in series even if i put the packs all the way to the front of the plane i can not get tho the cg at 90mm but have it at 11mm at most, can you tell me how did you balance it?, cause i don't want to add any more weight to the plane. By the way i already replaced the stock servo for elevator for a park metal gear one, i think this is a must cause i don't think a stock 3kg/cm2 torque servo will survive the stress on the elevator for this size of plane.

Honestly this is one of the most beautiful planes that i have ever seen, the only bad point besides the elev servo is the plain white scheme, so i will convert it into the red bull one, will be posting pics soon, thanks

Sidd.
siddhartha2006 is offline Find More Posts by siddhartha2006