HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
This esc does not come with a built in bec so there is no need to remove the red wire as it is not functional. If i remember correctly, the bec instructions should be in the same book as the esc instructions.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
A tale of two slickies
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
439 Posts
For those using a 6s 5000... What is your experience like as far as weight, battery placement and performance of the plane? TIA.
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
No Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
For those using a 6s 5000... What is your experience like as far as weight, battery placement and performance of the plane? TIA.
I use Gens Ace 6S 5000 pushed far forward in the battery compartment with no issues. Plane flies great!
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:28 PM
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
prices US vs. Europe

oh man, you don't know how lucky you are in the US. Here in Europe the current regular price is 399 and 339 best offer. That means 544 $ / 462 $!

Jan
juppzupp is offline Find More Posts by juppzupp
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
just completed mine using a 5000 mah 6s pack and have to move it all the way forward to balance at 90mm. Put it on the watt mater and got 1400 watts at 58amps. Did a custom paint job oracle scheme like sean tuckers plane. Had to take out some foam on the nose for the batteries for correct cg and had to add nose weight. Have not flown it yet. Working on making the wings removable... much easier to store and transport. Did have a problem with the spinner. I tightened down the prop nuts and bolts... did a couple of run up tests and after 1 week noticed cracking on the area were the prop mounts. Got another spinner and prop blades.. will run up again and see. I balanced the spinner and blades there was no vibration. Wonder if that plastic isnt strong enough to hold that prop. That would be fatal to me and the plane if it came apart on the ground or in the air. Any body else notice a cracked spinner plate ?

Waiting for nicer weather for the maiden ... (chicago)

here are some pictures
TAUMULLER is offline Find More Posts by TAUMULLER
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:03 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Thats looks fantastic ! I will add this to my list to get. Kinda makes me wonder why they did not produce it in better colors as the stock white just does not look mean enough - I think I might have to do my own sceam too... Whats the best paint to use thats foam safe ? I have never done a repaint on foam so whats the process please ? Just "rattle cans" ?
OzparkPilot is online now Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAUMULLER View Post
just completed mine using a 5000 mah 6s pack and have to move it all the way forward to balance at 90mm. Put it on the watt mater and got 1400 watts at 58amps. Did a custom paint job oracle scheme like sean tuckers plane. Had to take out some foam on the nose for the batteries for correct cg and had to add nose weight. Have not flown it yet. Working on making the wings removable... much easier to store and transport. Did have a problem with the spinner. I tightened down the prop nuts and bolts... did a couple of run up tests and after 1 week noticed cracking on the area were the prop mounts. Got another spinner and prop blades.. will run up again and see. I balanced the spinner and blades there was no vibration. Wonder if that plastic isnt strong enough to hold that prop. That would be fatal to me and the plane if it came apart on the ground or in the air. Any body else notice a cracked spinner plate ?

Waiting for nicer weather for the maiden ... (chicago)

here are some pictures
Very nice scheme! I still wish I got this plane...someday.

Oracle, you from the bay area?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
I am from chicago .. just got clobbered with 8" of snow. Used red latex paint , or the acrylic paint from craft stores works. Added some weight , but well worth the effort. Shoot the whole plane with a clear coat to seal it. Made the wings removable .. had to modify the landing gear and the struts .. a little extra cf used.. seems solid. Have not maidened it . 9.5 lbs with 5000 mah battery . Had to build a custom battery tray to get the batteries all the way forward.

cant wait for spring.
TAUMULLER is offline Find More Posts by TAUMULLER
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 PM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Got my Pitts today and I will make it look like this :

...the classic paint work.

FMS made a great job !

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:02 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Just ordered this bird from FMS. Can't wait to paint and fly her! Sorry TAUMULLER, hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to have to copy your scheme...That's sick looking!

Callie graphics? I'll be reading up on this thread in the coming days. 19 pages is a piece of cake compared to some threads out there.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:53 AM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
432 Posts
Aros you're gonna love it!!
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:45 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Just ordered this bird from FMS. Can't wait to paint and fly her! Sorry TAUMULLER, hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to have to copy your scheme...That's sick looking!

Callie graphics? I'll be reading up on this thread in the coming days. 19 pages is a piece of cake compared to some threads out there.
I just ordered mine, shipping used to be high at BH but I see $0 for me in NC!
Is that their new policy or is it temporary spaecial at BH??
Tim in NC
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
Aros you're gonna love it!!
Can't wait!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:49 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
I just ordered mine, shipping used to be high at BH but I see $0 for me in NC!
Is that their new policy or is it temporary spaecial at BH??
Tim in NC
anything over 100 has free shipping ,but its the plane before the free shipping sale was 199.00 plus shipping this was wayy back in Nov.i couldnt get it since i had other priorites the price came out to 235.00 now its 299.00 im waiting for them to get rid of the free shipping sale so that i can get it for 235.00
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:02 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,154 Posts
BH keep changing the price and free shipping. Bottom line its the same total price.
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar