HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:49 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
zeezee's Avatar
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I agree with you about the 1/6 scale pilots being a bit to small and I wasn't happy, thought maybe the 1/7 might be too big but that's where I'll start. Here's a funny picture.....piggyback Rifle... /zeezee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Last edited by zeezee; Oct 27, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
1/7 is even smaller. Scale works like wire gauge. The smaller the number the larger it is. If the plane is 1/4 scale then you will need a 1/4 scale pilot.

Check these out. A little creepy but the right size.
http://www.premierpilots.net/
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
1/7 is even smaller. Scale works like wire gauge. The smaller the number the larger it is. If the plane is 1/4 scale then you will need a 1/4 scale pilot.

Check these out. A little creepy but the right size.
http://www.premierpilots.net/
pricey is more like it 130.00 for them
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,253 Posts
What the heck!
http://www.bananahobby.com/pitts-spo...QueryId=258995

Was going to order the plane and found the price went up $60 from $229 to $289.

The other Pitts The 63" Pitts went up $100 from $199 to $299

Dam!. I can just see it now. In a week or so BH will have a sale form those new higher price to make it sound like a sale

Come on BH!
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:38 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
What the heck!
http://www.bananahobby.com/pitts-spo...QueryId=258995

Was going to order the plane and found the price went up $60 from $229 to $289.

The other Pitts The 63" Pitts went up $100 from $199 to $299

Dam!. I can just see it now. In a week or so BH will have a sale form those new higher price to make it sound like a sale

Come on BH!
thats sucks . i guess they see it selling so now they decided to take advantage . im just glad i dont have the funds right now . if not i would have been dissapointed. i just hope when i do have the funds .they will have free shipping . till then im just a spectator here .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:35 PM
Registered User
Vrated's Avatar
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
WOW! I was thinking on gettin one. That takes me out. Too much for a flying "ice chest" with ho hum electronics.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
zeezee's Avatar
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I enjoy working on my planes as much or more than flying them. I switched out the power 80, 100amp CC ESC, 10amp BEC and four JR DS-821 servo's that were in my Hanger9 Pawnee and well proven, into my "cooler" so there won't be any surprises...Took an hour and a 1/2.... Dave/zeezee just waiting on a little more glue...
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:11 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Can anyone tell me what size and where could I find a detailed pilot bust and head w/ helmet that would look appropriate for this Chinese work of art? Dave/ZEEZEE
I have some really kewl pilots, both sport and military, posted on the "My Squadron of Pilots!" pg.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:16 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I have some really kewl pilots, both sport and military, posted on the "My Squadron of Pilots!" pg.

Gary
Great looking pilot bust !
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
the Pitts

Hey All,
See a lot of familiar faces here
I've got 57 flights on my Starmax Pitts now and I love the plane considering!
I'm gonna pop for this FMS Pitts shortly! I know she'll be a gassssss!
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
sale

Hey All,
Just ordered mine from BH on sale for $219 2nd day air baby
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:25 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Hey All,
Just ordered mine from BH on sale for $219 2nd day air baby
Dan
that was the actual price they were selling it when it first came out on there website "good to know you got the deal"
im hoping to get the same deal when im ready to get mine enjoy it
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:13 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
zeezee's Avatar
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
After getting mine all ready to go I can't go!!! Won't fit in the bed of my Ranger, wings don't come off! PETE!!!!! I can fly it on my acreage out front carrying it out there in my JD Gator but not to the club field! Thinking about building a box for it that will sit on top of my truck bed, like 20"x 60"x 60" with a gate in the rear like my truck bed and it's cover. I would put a set of wheel chocks in it so the plane wouldn't move. This made me think about my days as a cabinet maker, I had a false bottom in my truck bed that had a 72" long by 42" wide drawer on super heavy duty full extension drawer slides under it where I kept all my fasteners, small hand tools, bits cordless drills and everything else you could use out in the field, handy, cool, and out of sight. I was working back then and those slides were very expensive and I was also in the business. Love the FMS Pitts though. Gonna spray mine with a water based clear polycrylic protective finish to keep it white and easier to keep clean!! Dave..
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:12 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
After getting mine all ready to go I can't go!!! Won't fit in the bed of my Ranger, wings don't come off! PETE!!!!! I can fly it on my acreage out front carrying it out there in my JD Gator but not to the club field! Thinking about building a box for it that will sit on top of my truck bed, like 20"x 60"x 60" with a gate in the rear like my truck bed and it's cover. I would put a set of wheel chocks in it so the plane wouldn't move. This made me think about my days as a cabinet maker, I had a false bottom in my truck bed that had a 72" long by 42" wide drawer on super heavy duty full extension drawer slides under it where I kept all my fasteners, small hand tools, bits cordless drills and everything else you could use out in the field, handy, cool, and out of sight. I was working back then and those slides were very expensive and I was also in the business. Love the FMS Pitts though. Gonna spray mine with a water based clear polycrylic protective finish to keep it white and easier to keep clean!! Dave..
Hey Dave,
I have a 78 Chevy Silverado with a ladder rack and side boxes. I made set of cradles for my 63" Starmax Pitts out of 1 1/2" PVC pipes. The cradles are each self standing with 2 uprights each and they cradle the wings with the plane facing nose downward. I use a folded piece of cardboard and a clamp to hold the elevator and rudder from moving due to motion of the truck and I tie a rope around the fuse wrapped with pipe insulation to the front so the motion of the truck doesn't cause a "blow-over".
I use this for my FW 190 also but I have a spare set of middle uprights for the cradles that suit the single wing!
I can do 60 mph all day with no worries
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
Registered User
poziovahim's Avatar
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
paint

Hey All,
What spray paint is safe to use on the FMS foam?
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Pitts by FMS beetyii 3D Foamies 31 May 13, 2013 12:19 PM
Discussion FMS PT-17 Stearman from BH wattman Banana Hobby 10 Jul 14, 2012 08:09 AM
Question BlitzRC Mini pocket rocket AT-6 from BH Colbyntx Electric Warbirds 8 Jul 07, 2012 08:31 AM
Discussion Starmax Mini Gee Bee from BH Chubbs Foamies (Kits) 0 Jul 02, 2012 01:43 PM
Discussion BH Pitts Hybrid ? GSP Banana Hobby 4 May 13, 2012 06:15 AM