HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:13 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Hey Flyer's, I just pushed the buy button and mine should be here in a while? I love the Pitt's and double that in this white along with the fact that all my bird's fly on 4200-5000mah 6S/40C lipo's. Like seeing the grass field takeoffs and landing's as that is what I have. It's about all I mow around here 1500' of it, nice and tight. Thank's Orion for all the great and detailed info. Dave/ZeeZee ...PM!! I just got a UPS tracking # from BH stating my delivery date is Oct.5th... 3 day ground is actually true...
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Last edited by zeezee; Oct 01, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:45 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Would love to see this offered in a nicer colour sceam ! Even if it was the factory red , well especially if it was.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:14 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Hey Flyer's, I just pushed the buy button and mine should be here in a while? I love the Pitt's and double that in this white along with the fact that all my bird's fly on 4200-5000mah 6S/40C lipo's. Like seeing the grass field takeoffs and landing's as that is what I have. It's about all I mow around here 1500' of it, nice and tight. Thank's Orion for all the great and detailed info. Dave/ZeeZee ...PM!! I just got a UPS tracking # from BH stating my delivery date is Oct.5th... 3 day ground is actually true...
Post some vids. gonna have this sometime soon before end of Nov. Wanting more vids. Congrats
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:11 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Would love to see this offered in a nicer colour sceam ! Even if it was the factory red , well especially if it was.
LOL! Its, white. Paint it any scheme you want.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:07 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
LOL! Its, white. Paint it any scheme you want.
Well, if I can find time from building my new 3 bedroom hangar home to house my new Carbon cub SS and RV-8 ( full scale ) before my 35 birhday next week I may get around to it lol...

( Pix are on my blog )
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:23 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Well, if I can find time from building my new 3 bedroom hangar home to house my new Carbon cub SS and RV-8 ( full scale ) before my 35 birhday next week I may get around to it lol...

( Pix are on my blog )
Gotta prioritize man. If a week is all the difference is then be patient.

Didn't see the Carbon Cub but did see a nifty ultralite. Bet that one is fun.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
This past Monday I ordered the FMS Pitts and the UPS guy just walked in my kitchen and put it on my bar top and today is Fri. at 11:30 AM. 5 days from order to delivery. From 1-10 a 12!!!!! Let me get to work, 6S 4200/45C is balancing as I type.....and I always keep the "Word" close to my birds......Dave/zeezee
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:33 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Have fun and enjoy the build.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Orion, it was your review and build that gave me the courage to buy this especially from BH...thank you sir! It was packed perfectly with NO damage at all and built like a "tank" with the quality and fit and smoothness I would expect of a Ferrari. The best landing gear setup I have seen yet, better than my Hanger9 Piper Pawnee which I love. I'm gonna cut the bottom of the canopy out and go to the pet store and buy me a toy dog so he can enjoy the thrill of flying. The inside of this plane is that roomy! Hell, why not 12S!!!!! After my open heart sugery I don't drink often at all anymore, but now that she is all unpacked and everything neat and in it's place, I am walking out the door and get in my JD gator and ride up to the village five and dime and buy me 3 ice cold BUD LIGHTS. ....This one/3 or for you, ...superdave the amazing handyman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Looks like you got it made Dave. I hope you enjoy the plane as much as I do and please share pics and video when you get the opportunity.

Orion
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:48 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Gotta prioritize man. If a week is all the difference is then be patient.

Didn't see the Carbon Cub but did see a nifty ultralite. Bet that one is fun.
The carbon cub is on order but still 6 month away as they are selling lots of them. The fly nano is not actually an ultralight but an LSA.

Are you installing a mrrcsound system in your Pitts ?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:28 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Nah, I don't need the wight of sound in that one. Maybe the smoke system though.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:53 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Nah, I don't need the wight of sound in that one. Maybe the smoke system though.
Will be one to watch but I think Andrew really needs to get ALOT more smoke flow happening first. I have done this in the past with good results using smoke flairs that are used for air conditioning companies. Basically, after the install them in a building they light these non toxic flairs in bright orange and then view any areas that could possible leak... if they cant see any orange smoke... no leak ! We used these on our 20% yaks and they looked great !! Just did not last long enough * 3 minutes max
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
FMS Pitts

Hey Orion, great posts! I have my Pitts all ready to go, but i am having trouble with the ESC. The only time i get beeps out of the motor is when i plug battery in while having throttle at full throttle, i would think entering program mode. Now i don't have extensive knowledge of ESC programming and the instructions that come with the Pitts don't go into detail about that. If you could help out that would be great! This thing needs to get in the air!
Longballerz44 is offline Find More Posts by Longballerz44
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:53 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,331 Posts
LB,

Most esc have different programming mode, almost all have a throttle set point /end points that can be set and sometimes need to be set in order for the esc to engage.

Here what u need to do:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2430

I posted this earlier today in another thread and many other times, hope it helps.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin