HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:38 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Help!
DJI 550X Question

Ok, I posted this over in one of the other forums on the web and then was told about this place, WOW !

So here goes:

So I finally took my DJI 550X out for some test flights last night. I am using the Naza with GPS, of course, and it flies amazing, GPS works incredible, very quick when flying in attitude mode. Tested my failsafe, very scary feeling when you turn off your radio and watch the 550 slowly climb up, almost like it will never come back. Actually landed with 2 feet of where I had plugged in the battery! Now onto my 2 questions.

#1. We can not get it to go into the programming for setting up the compass mode. Have tried numerous times and can not get the light to go solid. Any secret tips or am I missing something?

#2. I know that the beeps that play when you plug in the battery come from the ESC/Motors but I get the sound like normal but then at the end I get one separate sound. so it does the sounds, then when you think it is done, within a millisecond, a slightly quieter beep goes. Does this indicate a possible motor issue? It does fly perfect and none of the motors are getting hot, using 8" props and a 3S 5000 battery.

Any help is of course greatly appreciated !
Wizzerd is offline Find More Posts by Wizzerd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:20 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
Mode switch 10 times from manual to atti to GPS and back to manual, thats one. Works 95% of the time for me first time.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
DIY this!!!!!
United States, CA, Kingsburg
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
#1 make sure your using a three pos switch. I set mine to gps and throw the switch 10 complete times. Gps - atti - manual - atti - gps. That counts as one.. If you open the naza assistant , make sure all three modes are trimmed correctly (highlight in blue). What I had done is had gps-atti-fail safe setup on my three pos. took me a few head scratches and some help from my pops to figure it out..

#2 mine does this all the time. It's just the esc's playing a tone a little later than the rest. You have 6 esc's and sometimes they don't sync. It's in no way causing any issues..

Let me know if that helps
Zenonic is offline Find More Posts by Zenonic
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:42 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Thanks fro both of those replies. I am gld to hear that the motor beeps are something normal then, I am using a DX8 and am using the gear channel for my mode switch, also how fast are you guys moving the switch? I tried sloooowww, sloow, slow and fast In the assistant I do get blue on all 3 positions. The thing flies awesome and I have been through the settings numerous times. a friend of mine has the exact same setup and he got his to go into the compass setup mode first try

Once again thanks for the input guys
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Had the same issue with my 450,wkm and dx8...try flicking the switch much faster and start as soon as you can after plugging in battery.

Havent found a precise way yet but i've got it to calibrate twice now this way.
azdroneflyer is offline Find More Posts by azdroneflyer
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:09 PM
DIY this!!!!!
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
I think I do 2 full flicks (gps-atti-manual-atti-gps, gps-atti-manual-atti-gps) in about 1 second. So, naturally 10 flicks in 5 seconds..
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
DIY this!!!!!
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
any luck?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:03 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenonic View Post
any luck?
Sorry guys, been busy with work as I have staff on vacation so working a few extra days AND just bought a new house. So hopefully next weekend I will get a chance to try your suggestions and will post back with the results !

Thanks all !