SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
OK This is the old rustbucket I use to like those drive ins use to be called something elest but I dont think I could say it on this sight but those of us that use to go to them with our girl friends and later wifes we all know what I am talking about.;-)))))) TO day kids dont have a clue ;-))))))

Mind finely became my wife a few years later but we both like the drive in s Wish they were still around. At one time I even had a speaker laying around .
Those were the good old days right guys ;-)))) DON the Rustbucket.
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:41 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
OK This is the old rustbucket I use to like those drive ins use to be called something elest but I dont think I could say it on this sight but those of us that use to go to them with our girl friends and later wifes we all know what I am talking about.;-)))))) TO day kids dont have a clue ;-))))))

Mind finely became my wife a few years later but we both like the drive in s Wish they were still around. At one time I even had a speaker laying around .
Those were the good old days right guys ;-)))) ok I went off topic just could not keep from saying any thing on this one . GOOD story about the boats sounds to me making for good movie . Miss those actors that came up .
BIG john was one of my idiols and now we lost capt Mchale so all of mind are history.
O ya cant for get Andy of Maybarry .;-((
DON the Rustbucket.
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:57 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
I think there still is a drive-in theater somewhere in our area.

Or at least the mortal remains of one---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Had three around here a couple of years ago. Lady who owned one of the them was widowed over the winter and let her 'competitor' run it for one summer. Next summer she decided not to open it at all and it is just sitting there (costing her property taxes) waiting for a developer to show up.......
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:06 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Oregon
Joined Oct 2008
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
I think there still is a drive-in theater somewhere in our area.

Or at least the mortal remains of one---.
We still have an operating drive-in in Newberg (OR). Amazing how busy that place is. People come from all over the Portland area and love it.

http://www.99w.com/

Bob
xx29l9 is online now Find More Posts by xx29l9
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
We have one in the middle of the neighboring county and it does a brisk business from what I hear. it's been operating for the past three years. though I hear it's operated by a very religiously minded family and would probably frown on such schinagins mentioned in this thread.
they aren't so hard core that they filter the movies they get, but they do try to promote the place as a family friendly environment.

Drive Ins have actually been going through a resurgence over the past few years.. no more speakers hanging on the window.. all the sound is done through LPFM transmitters on site to play through your car radio. the food has been getting better. and that corresponds with the reinvention of the food truck as a mobile gourmet hot spot.

younger folks from the 20 to 40 year old demographic have b een embracing a 60's 70's era invented nostalgia. for a simpler, easier time. of course, with that demographic, all the nostalgia is derived from pop culture. talked about by their parents and grandparents and evidenced in reruns on teevee.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome