HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Discussion
Nano-Tech A-Spec

I posted some photos mid week of Hobyyking at the 3D Masters which i saw on there Facebook page,well i came across a photo of two lovely looking young ladies and someone who had a T-Shirt on with the name Nano-Tech A-Spec on it,so i guess HK are going to be bring out a new Nano-Tech battery which i would of thought is going to be a higher class one with the A-Spec at the end.

Here are a couple of the photos as i know you want to see them,if not for the T-Shirt but for the girls.

Plus a link to check the rest of the photos out.

http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing/photos#!/HobbyKing
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:06 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,889 Posts
While most of us appreciate a good photo of a woman I have to say a little more info on the upcoming batteries would make this much more relevant to the batteries and chargers forum.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
If one does a bit of reserch it can be found that those are a new competation series of preinum Lipolys for those who demand the very best in ultra high performance.

Do I believe that , not at this time as they are new thus unproven by those not being supplied with the best matched graded cells available.

Most manufctures play to many mind games. Bl;ade and the new 130X is a great example. non of the beta testers experienced any of the numerious issue regular customers are having. I have a 130X (20 flights) and like it but there are so many engenering flaws in it that it should never have made it to market in its' present form.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,889 Posts
I just see the 130C burst rating and it makes me think MaxAmps lol. I've given up on Blade heli's. They all fly nice for like 20 flights then they just start falling apart. Looked at the 130X demo at the LHS and the gear was rubbing on the board. From what I have read of the 300X it's got quite a few engineering flaws too.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
Blade Helis are great but one must remember they are semi-kits which need to be disassembled ,adjusted befor being flown and then upgraded as aluinum parts become available to replace some of the key plastic parts.

My 130X has 20 very sucessful flights on it and has no noticeable vibrations, shakes etc. I relly like it, it performs much better that my BL mCPX ones. FYI my mCPX was flown 293 flights brushed and I only had to replaced the main motor ,landing gear and 3 or 4 swash to grips links and one main gear. It now has 444 flights on it and I have replaced thee frame,swashplate main shaft and the original tail motor went out at just over 400 flights.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,889 Posts
Sorry but the cost of aluminum parts is too high and on my original mSR seemed to just weigh it down too much. At least with the 130X they went with a brushless motor. Those brushed motors used on the smaller ones die way too fast.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
OEM brushed motor on my mCPX lasted 165 flights whic IMO is very good life fom a brushed motor turning over 30K. and is a bushing motor with non replaced /serviicable brushes to boot.

Only aluininu,m aprt omn my mCPXs are MH swashplate3s and only ones 130 needs is swashplate and tail assembly .
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,889 Posts
Hate to keep off topic but.... It's not the main motor I have a problem with. It's the tail motors that don't last long enough.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
As a couple of you are talking about Heli's i thought you might enjoy this video that i saw on YT the other day,i like to know how they did the lighting effect at the end,you see a couple of heli's flying at night with LED lights on the blades with smiley faces and stars.

Any one know how they go about doing that? i know you can buy blades with LED lights in them so it it those or do you think they made them up them selves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1S3rxJN45XU
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz