HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2010
295 Posts
Discussion
DX7 with Fatshark Predator Head Tracker?

Hey everyone,

I have a Spektrum DX7 that I'd like to use with the headtracker in my Fatshark Predators. There doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to accomplish this. Can anyone offer some advice?

If all else fails, I can use my Turnigy 9X, but I really like the feel of the DX7 better.
Zangetsu57 is offline Find More Posts by Zangetsu57
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:05 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
I'm not clear myself on the different versions of the DX7. I know most of the DX7s don't support selective trainer assignment on the higher channels needed for the HT to work (only the 4 primary controls) however the DX7s does support it.
You need to check to see if you have the Programmable Master function for all the controls. Your trainer menu needs to look like the attached screen shot of a DX8 - note the slave/master options for GER, AX1, AX2,AX3.
Maybe there is a f/w upgrade for the DX7 that allows this. I'd really welcome any input from DX7 users to help clarify what's going on with the DX7 models.
Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
Note: I have a HT support thread on the "other forum" which details setups for various radios.
Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Apr 14, 2013, 04:30 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Hi,

I know it's been a while since anyone posted here.

Any updates on the dx7 / head tracking solution?

Cheers
JoshVM is offline Find More Posts by JoshVM
Old Apr 14, 2013, 04:58 PM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,786 Posts
I called Horizon Hobby about my JR radio (it has the same issue as the DX7- only channels 1-4 available to the trainer port), and they said that JR and Spektrum have no plans to change the trainer systems. Then the guy said, IF Horizon decides to get into the FPV business and start selling FPV equipment, JR and Spektrum radios will have their trainer systems "upgraded". If there ain't any money in it for them, they ain't gonna spend the time to do it...
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:25 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Hi c131frdave,

Thanks for the quick response.

Looks like the only option is to pay for a new tx / rx in a different brand.
Looking on Hobbyking the Turnigy 9x kit looks like the most economical.
JoshVM is offline Find More Posts by JoshVM