HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,156 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 6J Trainer Switch

Has anyone had issues with the Trainer Switch on the 6J transmitter. I have a fellow club member who is a Newbie. He bought the 6J to use with his Hobbico Nextar. He was using the Skysport 4ch 2.4 radio as the Buddy Box. He had the Square to Square Trainer Cord.

The Skysport 4ch 2.4 radio does not receive power from the Master and requires that it's Power Switch be turned on to work as a Slave.

He flew with this setup for a couple of days, without issue, but last week, while I was holding the 6J Master and he had the SkySport 2.4 Slave, I released the Trainer Switch and the Skysport still had control. Fortunately, someone nearby, who was experienced, grabbed the SkySport from the Trainee and landed the Nextar. I still had No control from the Master.

We checked the Master and Slave, on the ground, and we could not get it to fail. We decided to go up, again, and the same thing happened. When I released the Trainer Switch, on the 6J, it did not return control to the 6J and the Slave still had control. The 6J only had a total of 4 flights on it,

Also, does the SkySport 2.4 always need Power On in order to work as a Buddy Box?

Than ks!!
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
to remove ads between posts