SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Park_aviator, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Discussion
EAA Young Eagles Introductory Flight!

Last night ; 7/18/12 , I had my introductory flight with the EAA Young Eagles organization. My Pilot was named Mr. Abel, it turns out him and his brother both flew R/C too! We all had dinner at a restaurant on the airport that was called, "The Beacon" . When you first walk into the Beacon, there's a Top Flite F4U Corsair model hanging from the ceiling, it's pretty cool! Most of the pilot's at the meeting flew R/C also! One man presented about an RV10 that he built, and brought. My flight was in a Cessna 150F. Once we were off the ground, I took the controls and flew the whole flight. Flying in such a small plane is amazing! Afterwards, I flew a short R/C Demo with my 3DHS 33" EPP Extra, and then we stopped by Mr. Abel and his brother's hangar (they live in it ) . They had seven airplanes, and a 1966 Mustang in there that I got to drive! This monday, they're heading up to Oshkosh, and hopefully if they can buy a biplane in time, they will be racing at Reno! Enough for my talking, enjoy the pictures . In summary, the EAA Young Eagles is a great program, and everyone should give it a try!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Lots of great pictures, glad you a chance to fly in real airplane! I did some of my private pilot training in a small 152, and while it was small, it was also a ton of fun. You've been bit by the bug, and there is no known cure. You'll be flying in the USAF before you know it!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:55 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Lots of great pictures, glad you a chance to fly in real airplane! I did some of my private pilot training in a small 152, and while it was small, it was also a ton of fun. You've been bit by the bug, and there is no known cure. You'll be flying in the USAF before you know it!
It was amazing! Flying drones, or real planes would be great . I'd love to fly a F/A18 or a F22 some day
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
Hey PA!

Your Cessna 150 pics bring me back to the 150 that I flew in training and on my check ride for my private license......it was a 1966 model with the same, exact color scheme......can't believe I also remember the tail #......N8173F...(that was in 1969!)...I took my check ride right after my 17th birthday and exactly my 100th hour logged in my logbook. Thanks for the memories and best regards in your quest!

Larry
txflyboys2 is online now Find More Posts by txflyboys2
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txflyboys2 View Post
Hey PA!

Your Cessna 150 pics bring me back to the 150 that I flew in training and on my check ride for my private license......it was a 1966 model with the same, exact color scheme......can't believe I also remember the tail #......N8173F...(that was in 1969!)...I took my check ride right after my 17th birthday and exactly my 100th hour logged in my logbook. Thanks for the memories and best regards in your quest!

Larry
Thanks for the encouragement Mr. Larry! The plane I flew was a 1966 model too! I hope to do my check ride right on my 17th birthday.

-Chad
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,270 Posts
Excellent!

My advice is to stick with it no matter what you want to do in life. Flying as a recreation (in RC) and as a passion (in full size) will enhance anything else you do be it ER Surgery if you become a doctor or Bridge Building if you become an engineer. Flying is the purest form of freedom I can think of on this planet; and the ability to truly experience freedom positively inspires us to do better in everything we do.

Young Eagles didn't exist in the late 80's when I would have been eligible to do it - but I would have been all over it if I could have been! Good for you! However, I've certainly done what I could to make sure flying was a part of my life, and if you want to do it, you can make it happen. My first bit of advice, speaking from the position of one who has worked hard and been fortunate enough to make it in the aviation business is: Never believe anyone for one second who says "no, it can't be done" or "no, you can't do that". The only one that can say that to you, is you. You can also say to yourself, "yes I can, and I will"! What you tell yourself even when you think no one is listening matters!

Keep at it and have fun!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Life begins at 40
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
668 Posts
sweet, in Canada they dont have the young eagles.
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes View Post
sweet, in Canada they dont have the young eagles.
I think Canada may have another program though, I'll do some research.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
I got my young eagles flight in an old Waco upf-7 a couple years ago
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23