HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Normally I'd be glad to help you but that's a pretty bold statement to make against Fatsharks on a Fatsharks thread!...you don't ask for help by bashing the reason everyone is on this thread. Go figure your fricken wiring situation out yourself!

Fatshark have been and continue to be the leading FPV goggles and I cannot wait for the new higher resolution Classics to come out!

same ! The only thing Greg does that is a little confusing is releases so many different models - On one side, this is good as it gives us, the consumer a choice but on the other, hard because its very hard for a newbie to know which one would suit. But I am looking forward to increasing my FOV 10c !!
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:20 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
same ! The only thing Greg does that is a little confusing is releases so many different models - On one side, this is good as it gives us, the consumer a choice but on the other, hard because its very hard for a newbie to know which one would suit. But I am looking forward to increasing my FOV 10c !!
There wasn't supposed to be so many options; Kopin had announced that the LCD used in the Dominator was going end of production so the Attitude was intended to replace the Dominator. Recently Kopin has announced they will continue production of that LCD so I no longer need to end production of the Dominator (which also is why I haven't pushed out the Attitude release faster).
Being a small manufacturer I'm at the mercy of what the LCD manufacturers decide to sell.
Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,512 Posts
Hey too many options is a good problem to have

Tried the Predators this weekend in relation to my original classics from 3 years ago and the image quality and overall product build is a significant leap up! I prefer the wider FOV so am eagerly awaiting the SVGA Classics for my next purchase...I want to see the hairs on the ears of a bobtail when I'm proximity flying my Zephyr through the fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
There wasn't supposed to be so many options; Kopin had announced that the LCD used in the Dominator was going end of production so the Attitude was intended to replace the Dominator. Recently Kopin has announced they will continue production of that LCD so I no longer need to end production of the Dominator (which also is why I haven't pushed out the Attitude release faster).
Being a small manufacturer I'm at the mercy of what the LCD manufacturers decide to sell.
Fat Shark
AdamChicago is online now Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quad World 7 - Fire! (4 min 25 sec)

All the scenes of me flying in this(green props, blue motors) are with my classics using the 600mw TX, immersion spironet SKW ont he transmitter, and a maineiack crosshair on the goggles.

I freaking love my classics and my preds
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:59 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Hey Pete ! Hows things M8 ? So since you started the Pred Thread which are you favorites ? Is the image quality as good as the Preds but just bigger ?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:52 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Hey Pete ! Hows things M8 ? So since you started the Pred Thread which are you favorites ? Is the image quality as good as the Preds but just bigger ?
pretty good man

The preds offer better "bang for your buck" but the classics offer a great mix of immersion/image qaulity.

I would say the preds and the classics are pretty close in image quality, with the preds just nudging ahead slightly. Although the preds have a narrower field of view, and thus a "sharper" image, they lack IPD adjustment. So you can get the classics(or perhaps attitudes, not sure on the naming these days) to fit your eyes pretty much perfectly.

also, the borders of the pixels in the preds stand out more than on the classics, atleast IMHO.

The classics are also smaller/lighter, and the eye cups are a better design. They hook into the goggles, so they won't come off like the preds cups will. The backlight is also really nice. It can get very bright for those sunny afternoons, but still maintains good color saturation.

The base of it is though, all fatshark goggles are great. I've owned all of them but the dominators, and every single one offers great performance, and will not limit you in anyway.

What makes any one of their models, the "best", is down to personal preference. There are people out there who value immersion above all else, and thus they like the oldest model the best (the base editions).

I'll be doing a full video review/new thread for the classics, after I get more time with them.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,178 Posts
Have like 10 flights so far on multis with my Attitude SD goggles and really like them !! To cool to have just to bring the quad and radio + lipo in a backpack !
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:42 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
pretty good man

The preds offer better "bang for your buck" but the classics offer a great mix of immersion/image qaulity.

I would say the preds and the classics are pretty close in image quality, with the preds just nudging ahead slightly. Although the preds have a narrower field of view, and thus a "sharper" image, they lack IPD adjustment. So you can get the classics(or perhaps attitudes, not sure on the naming these days) to fit your eyes pretty much perfectly.

also, the borders of the pixels in the preds stand out more than on the classics, atleast IMHO.

The classics are also smaller/lighter, and the eye cups are a better design. They hook into the goggles, so they won't come off like the preds cups will. The backlight is also really nice. It can get very bright for those sunny afternoons, but still maintains good color saturation.

The base of it is though, all fatshark goggles are great. I've owned all of them but the dominators, and every single one offers great performance, and will not limit you in anyway.

What makes any one of their models, the "best", is down to personal preference. There are people out there who value immersion above all else, and thus they like the oldest model the best (the base editions).

I'll be doing a full video review/new thread for the classics, after I get more time with them.

The Preds are my second pair of flight goggles and I have put about 30 hours on them over the last 3 months. I tested the Doms and liked them more, but only cause the FPV was slight more. I might wait to get the newer ones with a 46 FOV that will provide even better package. Does anyone know the release date of these ?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:21 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
378 Posts
Ready 2 buy

I've been looking at Fat Sharks and have come away slightly confused. Is it correct that the "Base" is wired and thus can take an "AV in" with a "standard" connector. By standard I mean the type that plugs into the base of a VRX for instance. If not that connector then what type is needed? Can the Base then operate with any brand and any frequency vtx/vrx and camera?

Then the Predator's and Dominator's have a built-in 5.8ghz vrx, but this vrx requires a compatible vtx built by Fat Shark or the Hobby King 600mah 5.8vtx. Do they also require the use of the Fat Shark camera? If not can they be used with any 5volt camera?

I've been flying FPV this summer and I think I'm ready for goggles. Any good source of info besides this thread?

Thanks, 7AC
7AC is offline Find More Posts by 7AC
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7AC View Post
Is it correct that the "Base" is wired and thus can take an "AV in" with a "standard" connector. By standard I mean the type that plugs into the base of a VRX for instance.
Yes, the base comes with a cable with RCA jacks on the end. These are meant to be plugged into your video receiver

Quote:
operate with any brand and any frequency vtx/vrx and camera?
Yes, they will work with any TX/RX set that has female RCA jack outputs. (like on the back fo your VCR/DVDplayer)
Quote:
Then the Predator's and Dominator's have a built-in 5.8ghz vrx, but this vrx requires a compatible vtx built by Fat Shark or the Hobby King 600mah 5.8vtx.
Yes, they can be used wired, or with their own internal receiver. That 600mw TX is the immersion RC 5.8ghz 600mw Tx. it is available from many vendors.

Quote:
Do they also require the use of the Fat Shark camera?
No, so long as you provide the camera it's own power(if it isn't 5 volt)

Quote:
If not can they be used with any 5volt camera?
Yes, although you will need to make your own connector (a servo plug will fit into those transmitters.

Quote:
source of info besides this thread?

Thanks, 7AC
search function.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,836 Posts
I just ordered the 5.8 600 mw Immersion tx... I got a buddy code that can save you ten bucks! If you dont have one you should get it!

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...2-B0ECA734F89A
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
378 Posts
The fog is clearing

Thanks Pete and Snipe you have helped alot!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:25 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
378 Posts
Camera compatibility

OK, I ordered a pair of Predator's:. In order to use the built-in 5.8ghz vrx I must use a FatShark compatible "airwave" vtx. The 600mw Immersions seem to be the most popular. I read that this vtx will accept 12 volts in, but puts 5 volts out. I currently use a 460mah 3S 11.1 volt battery to run my vtx. That battery is separate from the 2200mah 3S 11.1 which powers the plane, and runs the radio rx and servos. So could I not simply put a "Y" in the black and red wires from the 460mah battery and route one set to the Immersion vtx and the other to the plug into my existing HK sony 12 volt ccd camera. Then run the white signal wire from the camera into the video input wire into the Immersion vtx? I like the picture from my 12volt camera and would like to keep it.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:08 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,836 Posts
Yes sir you are correct... i did exactly that only my camera uses a yellow signal wire.... I just finished hooking up the immersion 600 mw tx up to my rc car for a trial.. worked better than I had expected. I can go around a corner and be blocked by a fence and still get a decent signal! I use a nice sony camera on mine. Good luck!
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:56 AM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
378 Posts
Immersion 5.8ghz vtx

Snipe, Thanks! I just ordered the vtx.