HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Discussion
PhoenixRC 3, SPP, PPJOY, and er9x issue

i got tired of FMS and moved up to PhoenixRC. i still wanted to use my er9x and didnt have a USB dongle, and i found out that i needed the launcher so i can use a non standard joystick. i got the TX setup as a regular 4ch with TAER output on PPM with a switch on both ch5 and ch6. then i went into the jopystick setup on PPJOY and set axis' 1 to 6 like so: Throttle, X axis, Y axis, Rudder, Dial, Dial. Then i started SPP and checked in the gamepad setup in control panel that the channels were moving + being detected; they were. then i went to Pheonix, selected the PPJOY joystick in the launcher and started calibration. this is where it goes funny. PhoenixRC sees the rudder channel as 6(rudder should be 4, and 6 should be switch 2) and 4 doesn't move. channel 5( the first switch is fine). all the channels look fine on the TX, and the control panel gamepad... so i kept on going and set the channels to their thr/ail/ele/rud in the last part of the config and could fly around good in planes.

and then i tried a heli and of course it didnt work because did the control setup in phoenixRC as a 4ch plane not the heli mode like it recommends. i have no idea how to do this, meaning, how do i setup the er9x model and the PPJOY joystick mapping so that the heli mode works in Phoenix?

thanks again. i offer to make a tutorial when i figure it out and i have searched google/ the forums a bit.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
No USB dongle.......launcher??

You using PhoenixRC the legal way?
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
yeah, bought it off of ebay, but it didnt have the dongle. so that was a work around.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
No dongle, no legal. I can not believe how many times this comes up. Call Phoenix tech support for help. Don't bother with your tutorial. There are several of us who will request it be deleted.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
ah sorry. didnt know it was illegal to buy it and then use another joystick. i guess ill go buy a dongle.

any tips on the er9x heli model part?

thanks
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2 View Post
ah sorry. didnt know it was illegal to buy it and then use another joystick. i guess ill go buy a dongle.

any tips on the er9x heli model part?

thanks
Oh please......you use an illegal method to run PhoenixRC......and still ask help to get the heli working.....

To run PhoenixRC get the legal package from a legal shop that contains the dongle.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You can even buy it legally from eBay as long as the dongle is included.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
well then i guess i got ripped off. and i was asking help to setup the mixing for a heli etc while i wait for a seperate dongle. so that when its here, i can fly

why do you guys assume that im stealing software when maybe you should ask about what im asking for and not jump to conclusions...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Jump to conclusions? You said you bought it without a dongle. Just contact Phoenix support, and deal with them.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:59 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
i meant unknowingly, but thanks for all the info guys, really. i will talk with the support guys.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2 View Post
well then i guess i got ripped off. and i was asking help to setup the mixing for a heli etc while i wait for a seperate dongle. so that when its here, i can fly

why do you guys assume that im stealing software when maybe you should ask about what im asking for and not jump to conclusions...
Where do you get this separate dongle?? As far as I know you can only buy the full package, meaning PhoenixRC DVD + USB Dongle............

"why do you guys assume that im stealing software when maybe you should ask about what im asking for and not jump to conclusions..."

You know how many people use this line? No need to jump to conclusions here..............you bought PhoenixRC...........did not work as no Dongle............which is clearly shown when you start PhoenixRC..........then you pick PPjoy and a launcher to get it running.............can it get any clearer?
Last edited by Puzom; Jul 20, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Whether or not you know you're buying pirated software doesn't change the fact that you did. If you were unaware at the time you bought it, that's too bad - lesson learned. It's no different than buying a watch from a guy on the street. Might be stolen, might not. But if it is stolen, then the rightful owner gets to take it from you, and you don't get your money back. Buyer beware!!!!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:25 AM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Whether or not you know you're buying pirated software doesn't change the fact that you did. If you were unaware at the time you bought it, that's too bad - lesson learned. It's no different than buying a watch from a guy on the street. Might be stolen, might not. But if it is stolen, then the rightful owner gets to take it from you, and you don't get your money back. Buyer beware!!!!
thanks
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,421 Posts
There is a slim chance someone sold him a legit copy just without the dongle.

I've heard the story so many times, "I've lost my cd key", "I can't find my jeweled case with the license", "lost my dongle". Once you hear that for just about every software out there, you get cynical when people claim they lose something.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
If it was sold without the dongle, it's not legit, period! The dongle must be included, whether you buy the sim new or used.