HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Discussion
spektrum satellite receiver protocol?

I don't have a logic analyzer but I want to know what spektrum satellite
receivers send out normally when not in bind mode.

I have a spektrum dsm2 satellite, a dsmX satellite, and a hobbyking orange satellite.
All these seem to work properly when connected to a spektrum full receiver.

But when I connect them to a Tarot zyxs gyro, each satellite behaves very differently. The spektrum dsmx satellite seems to be 100% functional with
the zyxs gyro, the spektrum dsm2 satellite doesn't seem to work at all (none
of the channels respond to the transmitter stick movement), and the hobbyking
satellite kind of works (channels respond to TX stick movement, but the channels
seem to be scrambled).

I've read that the satellites simply put out 16bytes of data per frame
(2 bytes of RX/TX specific info, 2 bytes of channel data repeated 7 times
for the 7 channels). The fact that each Rx behaves differently seem to indicate
each satellite sends data either in different order, or with slightly different baudrate?

Does anyone know how these receiver differ in the bytes stream that they
send out?

thanks
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:06 AM
Helicopter Baron
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2012
66 Posts
Honestly, if someone knew enough about all of them to spell out the differences in detail, I imagine they would probably be more involved in the forums for a specific programming/hardware project, like ArduCopter for example. There are a lot of projects out there from people who want to read directly from satellites and community-based quadcopter projects are good examples. Try looking for results related to Arduino and a specific project like ArduCopter. Googling "arduino spektrum satellite" bought up some results that look promising at first glance.
spaaarky21 is offline Find More Posts by spaaarky21
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:24 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2000
1,082 Posts
Hi. Does each 2 bytes contains a channel number and channel position? That would be more important than assuming a channel sequence. And do you know if you are using 10 and 11bit data?
Regards, David.
David T is offline Find More Posts by David T