SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by typicalaimster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:12 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70 View Post
Nice video. I have the QAV500 also but have not got to fly it yet. Looks like it flys really nice. I cant wait.
metalbender4by is online now Find More Posts by metalbender4by
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
498 Posts
Mini Skywalker FPV

I had some crazy fun with my 260g Mini Skywalker last weekend. Sorry about the low-res quality, but that's what a 1g nano camera (on nano pan servo) delivers. Those Dutch hills are man made (ex garbage dumps) by the way.

Mini Skywalker FPV, at mini meeting, first flight (5 min 10 sec)

This video contains a bit of everything (except formation flying and crashes). I landed it just in time, at the same moment the ESC low voltage cut off did it's job.

Mini Skywalker FPV, chasing Easy Glider Pro and landing into Niels' hands. (6 min 37 sec)

This is my favourite video because at the end a buddy asked me to do a FPV landing into his hands. After deciding where he should stand (on the footpath because I could see that better), I approached and landed straight into his palms
The first part starts with intercepting and chasing an Easy Glider Pro. Then some stunting that was a little too low for comfort at the 5:35 mark.
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
lzr
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
Hey IZR how was the link when you had so many trees/obstacles between you and the quadcopter? I'm impressed that you were able to fly with that much precision while there was so much vegetation between you and the quad. What video system and antennas are you using?
Thanks, it must be that it's a tricopter and not a quad

The videosystem is actually the basic starter package from readymaderc.com running with stock antennas at 1320 Mhz. I get a lot of glitches when trees/houses are in the way but I have learned to fly with those
lzr is offline Find More Posts by lzr
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
Nice! I guess this is CK's Demon. LOL! You had to get your long distance "10 mile" out of the way on your maiden
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Afternoon of Sod and Good Air
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:11 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalflight View Post
Nice! I guess this is CK's Demon. LOL! You had to get your long distance "10 mile" out of the way on your maiden
haha yes its a custom cut demon haha yes i wanted to check the waves at the beach where i surf
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,662 Posts
Zep2 sunset flight

Sunset flight with the Zephyr 2 / Gopro (3 min 57 sec)
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:06 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
164 Posts
Tri Crash

I was just starting to feel confident in how my Tri was flying then it lost a prop.

Game Over

FPV Tri Crash (3 min 51 sec)
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Mixed MutliWii FPV-scenes from the past few weeks. Shot in the southern Black Forest area in Germany.

I wanna fly: MultiWii FPV (3 min 57 sec)
Provotroll is offline Find More Posts by Provotroll
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:51 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1958 View Post
I was just starting to feel confident in how my Tri was flying then it lost a prop.

Game Over

https://vimeo.com/46408924
If I had a nickel...
Didn't seem like such a bad crash, but certainly made a mess of your
arms and their mounts. That's why I built my own tricopter frame
(see profile). I've lost it like you did over pavement, and been
flying again 10 minutes later.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanley_nl View Post
I had some crazy fun with my 260g Mini Skywalker last weekend. Sorry about the low-res quality, but that's what a 1g nano camera (on nano pan servo) delivers. Those Dutch hills are man made (ex garbage dumps) by the way.

This video contains a bit of everything (except formation flying and crashes). I landed it just in time, at the same moment the ESC low voltage cut off did it's job.

This is my favourite video because at the end a buddy asked me to do a FPV landing into his hands. After deciding where he should stand (on the footpath because I could see that better), I approached and landed straight into his palms
The first part starts with intercepting and chasing an Easy Glider Pro. Then some stunting that was a little too low for comfort at the 5:35 mark.

That little nano camera performs pretty good!, is that the same camera RMRC stocks?. Do you have a link to the exact one you have.

Cheers.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:05 AM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
That little nano camera performs pretty good!, is that the same camera RMRC stocks?. Do you have a link to the exact one you have.

Cheers.
I think all nano cameras are the same, except mine uses a wide angle lens that I bought seperately because the standard lens is too narrow for FPV. Foxtechfpv carries similar cameras with mic and 90 degree FOV lens built in and the quality is probably the same. That would be my choice if I had to buy a new one.
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
FPV at the sea - part n°1

FPV altitude HOSSEGOR CAPBRETON GOPRO OCEAN SEA VOL IMMERSION FIRST PERSON VIEW SKYWALKER (12 min 36 sec)
THONAIN is offline Find More Posts by THONAIN
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
164 Posts
Yea the frame looked cool but certainly didn't crash well next one will be similar to your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
If I had a nickel...
Didn't seem like such a bad crash, but certainly made a mess of your
arms and their mounts. That's why I built my own tricopter frame
(see profile). I've lost it like you did over pavement, and been
flying again 10 minutes later.

ian
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,586 Posts
I have this frame from blueskyrc that works pretty good. 39 $ and very resistant and easy to repair. Must provide arms, I used slow stick fiberglass fuselage square rods and fill them up with balsa.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Jul 26, 2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
FPV sea and beach - part n°2

MODELISME FPV part 2 HOSSEGOR CAPBRETON VOL IMMERSION GOPRO UAV DRONE VUE AERIENNE (14 min 43 sec)

this vidéo will be complete charged on youtube in few minutes
THONAIN is offline Find More Posts by THONAIN