SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:19 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,337 Posts
'cause if it takes any longer than a couple of weeks, people will start screaming.

You even see it now with backorder items.

It's a no-win situation for them.

At least now they have only made loose references to a possible release. They haven't taken our money so some can only blame them for a delay in releasing it.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:00 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
Agreed, If they release it for pre-order, no-one will actually get it any quicker. You'll just feel happy because you've got one earmarked when they are released.

So there's no real advantage, but there's the possibility of delays and issues. I think it's better the way they're doing it. At least they're not under pressure with a deadline, and that means they can get everything right first.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:47 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,593 Posts
Pre release allows those of us who want one but are limited in time to keep an eye on the site for the release day to order an get it when it is released with out missing out. If you don't want to pre order then thats your decision . Which ever way we would all suffer the same problems of delay etc but some of us can just order and stop worrying if we were going to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to be able to order.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:55 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,337 Posts
That's how you and I see it but others may have a different take if it takes longer than initially expected.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:54 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepySean View Post
Agreed, If they release it for pre-order, no-one will actually get it any quicker. You'll just feel happy because you've got one earmarked when they are released.

So there's no real advantage, but there's the possibility of delays and issues. I think it's better the way they're doing it. At least they're not under pressure with a deadline, and that means they can get everything right first.
+1

As someone else has said if HK did take pre-orders and it didn't come out when people thought or wanted then this thread would double,with all them unhappy people moaning saying your got my money now i want my plane,and it would go on like that until it came out.

As Sean has said there better off keeping it the way it is,we don't want HK to feel under pressure to bring it out to early only for it not to be the plane we all wanted and hoped for.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:24 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
That's how you and I see it but others may have a different take if it takes longer than initially expected.
Yup. You can never please everyone, so danged if you do, danged if you don't.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,360 Posts
I cant believe this is 28 pages long.....
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:38 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Why doesn't HK get with it and put it up on the site so we can order and pay for it now and just send it out when it comes in................ie PRE Order.

Many other companys do this + they get to know if they will need to reorder straight away from the supplier and save another hold up.
Because the same people who have been bitchin' about Scott letting the cat out of the bag so early, will be the ones who complain up and down about how long it's taking to deliver the thing - "what lousy HK service, no communication, where's my merchandise? they've had my money all this time, it's been a week now."
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:24 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ hahahahahahahahahaha.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,618 Posts
I wait patiently....ready to pull the trigger. But the rest of the circus is fun to read.....
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:46 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
darn tootin it is. I love it when guys are so impatient that they start sounding like little school girls. hahahahahahaha.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:51 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
As I have already said, the Sea Vixen delays were unforseen but for the right reasons.....to get it as perfect as we can, I had to re-jig certain aspects of the specs/design, I am sure you would rather have it right than early!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:30 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
deffinitely. keep at it Scott. some of us don't mind waiting. LOL.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:41 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
As I have already said, the Sea Vixen delays were unforseen but for the right reasons.....to get it as perfect as we can, I had to re-jig certain aspects of the specs/design, I am sure you would rather have it right than early!
+1

I think most of us would rather wait a little longer for it if it means we will be getting a better Sea Vixen at the end of the day,you would have to be silly not too IMO.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
yep i do want it now,, but i no its delayed to make my flying experience better when it is on sale. so its ready when its ready.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Closed Thread