HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:24 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
I do think that people/ manufacturers should stop posting up threads with what they have in the pipeline/pre production testing and only start a thread when the product is on the shelves.

If nothing else it would stop all the whining and crying about "I want it now / it's not fair it's not here yet"

Patience is a virtue..........
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
434 Posts
They even do it on Facebook now.....!
dennisp_sg is offline Find More Posts by dennisp_sg
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:11 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
but, then you'd never know what's coming out till it's out. then what's the point in that, cause someone will just post a thread on it anyway. I think Scott is doing us all a favour and should keep doing so. if you don't like this kind of thread, then it's as easy to stay out of the thread, as it is to join it. I hope Scott doesn't stop doing this, just cause a few don't like it.

keep doing what you are doing Scott. some of us are actually patient and will wait. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
but, then you'd never know what's coming out till it's out. then what's the point in that, cause someone will just post a thread on it anyway. I think Scott is doing us all a favour and should keep doing so. if you don't like this kind of thread, then it's as easy to stay out of the thread, as it is to join it. I hope Scott doesn't stop doing this, just cause a few don't like it.

keep doing what you are doing Scott. some of us are actually patient and will wait. LOL.
Just think of it as looking forward to Xmas…several times a year!
aspyrs is offline Find More Posts by aspyrs
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,557 Posts
I think some of you are taking this too seriously didn't you notice the "".
You sound like Government officials
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:16 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
well i like heads up with whats on the horizon,but i then don't like the wait.
I'm looking forward to durafly autogyro love odd ball flyers.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,355 Posts
Autogyro is out, but it's not my cup of tea

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:59 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post

Shaun.
I reckon I would give the Autogyro a go lol.

Even thought of building the Fairy Rotodyne as a Autogyro.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post

+1

As for wanting to know whats coming out i'm in,because i then now what to put the money to one side for,plus it give us lot something to talk about.

I can't remember seeing to many people crying/moaning,maybe a lot of leg pulling but thats what make these sort of threads interesting,well until the plane does come out and then all the info pours in.

As for the Durafly Auto Gyro thats another one we didn't see coming and if they keep doing that they will keep getting my money.

Scott/Stuart keep up the good work and most of us appreciate what you boys are doing,we all know things don't always go as planed but thats the way of this hobby which i for one can live with,if i pull your leg every now and then i'm sure you know it's all done in jest.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post

Shaun.
thanks for the heads up, and iv ordered one.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,667 Posts
I too love these threads, and all the talk leading up to a new model such as this. I know I'll get this one, as I did the Vampire, but this time I will opt for a kit, and install my own componants. The really cool thing is all the different variations folks will come up with. It is a really great part of our hobby!-------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
I too love these threads, and all the talk leading up to a new model such as this. I know I'll get this one, as I did the Vampire, but this time I will opt for a kit, and install my own componants. The really cool thing is all the different variations folks will come up with. It is a really great part of our hobby!-------Metalguy
I second that Metalguy; it's great to see all the mods and inventions.
On that note....Anyone thinking of twin fans on this one
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:17 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,596 Posts
Come on guys, I understand your frustration but look at what Durafly has achieved in a little over a year! It's just as frustrating for us when we suffer a delay (which can not be foreseen) but then it's not like it's occured to any other manufacturer to produce a Sea Vixen is it? It will be worth the wait and that won't be much longer, as for stuff in the pipeline.....in order to not frustrate, I won't be spilling any beans but some amazing stuff is coming.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Come on guys, I understand your frustration but look at what Durafly has achieved in a little over a year! It's just as frustrating for us when we suffer a delay (which can not be foreseen) but then it's not like it's occured to any other manufacturer to produce a Sea Vixen is it? It will be worth the wait and that won't be much longer, as for stuff in the pipeline.....in order to not frustrate, I won't be spilling any beans but some amazing stuff is coming.
So...........Whirlwind?????? (no beans spilled; promise )
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
hey Scott .. no knocking from my side - full of admiration that someones got the Cojones to make something other than a f18/22/16 done to death models.

For me waiting is part of the game of RC.. i'd rather wait an extra 3months for a well finished goodflyer from the box, than something i had to strip down and rebuild.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have lined up for us
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Closed Thread