Hey Scott you whipping that UK warehouse into shape lol
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
well I'm so looking forward to its arrival and stocking up on some 4s lipos.
my poor vampire is having a rest as iv just got the dynamic-s by durafly and the quality is just as high.
so how much longer to wait Scott,,,,or do i have time to squeeze in a durafly t28 lol
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Hey Scott you whipping that UK warehouse into shape lol
More like it's whipping me into shape......
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Lol great to see your still able to be on rcgroups, having been in the model industry for 5 years, it only makes me wonder how some of the importers of model products are thinking ATM lol
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:24 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Would be nice if all the warehouse got the sea vixen at the same time for a worldwide release. That would take the pressure off hong kong.

I said the same thing about the Vampire when that was released but i can't see it happening just yet.

It would mean an even longer wait as we would then have to wait for all the other HK warehouses to get them in,but there again if we were not told when it was about to come out there shouldn't be a problem,i can remember another big RC company having the same sort of issues as far as telling people when a model should be released and trying to get it to be released world wide,or trying to get it world wide release.

I don't think it's as easy as we might think,if anything it would put the release date back a few months,when the ones who wanted to could just buy it from the Hong Kong warehouse and the ones who don't want to pay for shipping would have to wait for it to hit the local warehouses as it is now,so having said all that lets just leave it as it is because this way we at least get the choice to buy it from Hong Kong first rather than waiting.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Mar 2006
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
5...when the ones who wanted to could just buy it from the Hong Kong warehouse and the ones who don't want to pay for shipping would have to wait for it to hit the local warehouse...
...It's not the shipping that's the burden, I mean everybody understands that a big box with lot's of volume costs money, the real problem is the ripoff from customs! (e.g. here in Holland they charge 21% VAT (also over the shipping cost!) and on top of that €12.50 "service charge." (almost sounds funny (if it wasn't to cry over...), but that's actually what they call it!) (which even increases to €17.50 if you dare to ship it express!!!)

So when can us European losers buy from the UK warehouse as well? The EU warehouse is quite limited in the SKU's... (and on top of that the most expensive of all of them, but that would be no problem IF it had a lot bigger inventory...;-) Don't take my complaining all to serious, I'm very happy with the King! (and I have the luxury of getting to pick up the stuff in the HK warehouse myself sometimes! )
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
1,986 Posts
Martin ..we dont have that problem here in Australia..Our problem is that HK for some reason or another only keeps SOME of their stock in Australian warehouse..We dont pay duty from OS but thee shipping doubles.. Also spare parts for a plane..i.e..vampire can only be bought from Hong Kong as they dont mix shipping..we have been asking HK to bring more spares into Au warehouse but NO response...All we can do is bulk up the order to get full value.
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:53 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
...It's not the shipping that's the burden, I mean everybody understands that a big box with lot's of volume costs money, the real problem is the ripoff from customs! (e.g. here in Holland they charge 21% VAT (also over the shipping cost!) and on top of that 12.50 "service charge." (almost sounds funny (if it wasn't to cry over...), but that's actually what they call it!) (which even increases to 17.50 if you dare to ship it express!!!)

So when can us European losers buy from the UK warehouse as well? The EU warehouse is quite limited in the SKU's... (and on top of that the most expensive of all of them, but that would be no problem IF it had a lot bigger inventory...;-) Don't take my complaining all to serious, I'm very happy with the King! (and I have the luxury of getting to pick up the stuff in the HK warehouse myself sometimes! )
Yeah i hear what your saying Martin and i'm from the UK mate and we have to pay more than what you do for VAT and then our postal service hits us again with another charge on top of that,but i still buy from the international warehouse because even with the extra shipping charges we are still getting a better deal than i can from any where else.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:46 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Martin ..we dont have that problem here in Australia..Our problem is that HK for some reason or another only keeps SOME of their stock in Australian warehouse..We dont pay duty from OS but thee shipping doubles.. Also spare parts for a plane..i.e..vampire can only be bought from Hong Kong as they dont mix shipping..we have been asking HK to bring more spares into Au warehouse but NO response...All we can do is bulk up the order to get full value.
Hobbyking understands this problem and are slowly bringing more stock into overseas warehouses, au seems to be slower than others but to be honest it is understandable, the au warehouse started off only stocking bulky items like planes etc, I remember when the whole au inventory was on only 7 pages.

Warehouse space in Hongkong would be expensive and it seems clear that hobbyking want to take the load off the Hongkong warehouse and open warehouses around the world employing local people, credit should be given to Anthony and his team for the their foresight and commitment.

Now that the au warehouse stocks lipos that is saving shipping time and money, compare the same lipo from international and au warehouse, once you factor in freight costs it is much cheaper to get the same battery from au.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:10 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
Australia is also a much smaller market place, so the risk of having dead stock for a greater time is also a concern to HK. I would say (and I could be wrong) the EDF market in OZ is much smaller than say the USA.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:05 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Australia is also a much smaller market place, so the risk of having dead stock for a greater time is also a concern to HK. I would say (and I could be wrong) the EDF market in OZ is much smaller than say the USA.

I dont think that there would be dead stock Clive...Not at the prices HK sell them at..true a lot is re-branded stuff but at KH prices Im not complaining..Just wish I could buy a plane and the spares/upgrades on the same invoice..just think how much more they would sell.. ..How far are you from NSW warehouse anyway..lol
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
About a 5+ hour car drive
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:14 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
About a 5+ hour car drive
Surely NSW isn't that big Lol
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:20 PM
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,568 Posts
Sorry to wake everyone up Did I miss the release or are we still waiting

Waiting for this is worse than waiting for the weather to come good.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:47 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
So what are you saying mmm, got soft in Hongkong eating all that lovely Chinese food.
Closed Thread