HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Ireland, County Meath, Meath
Joined Oct 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
Tanks for the update, Scott. Go back to holiday with a cold guiness.....-----Metalguy
More likely Newcastle Brown Ale than Guinness for Scott
Seamus O'Leprosy is offline Find More Posts by Seamus O'Leprosy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
I've been getting on there ok today and i've just tried again with out any problems,knowing my luck i'll have problems when the Vixen or MK24 Spitty come out.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:49 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,609 Posts
Yeah, all OK this way...........my local tower seems to know when I need to order and goes on the fritz
I wonder if my wife knows someone at the ISP and makes a phone call
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:03 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,143 Posts
Sea Vixen and CS70 fan?

Reading about the lack of thrust of the 10-blader in some dual exhaust EDFs I
wonder how the popular Change Sun fan is going to cope with the bifurcated
outlet of the Sea Vixen. Would be a shame to ruin the lovely rear end in order
to get decent thrust (e.g., with a single exit thrust tube)...
In all other respects, this has got to be another HK winner :-)
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista View Post
Reading about the lack of thrust of the 10-blader in some dual exhaust EDFs I
wonder how the popular Change Sun fan is going to cope with the bifurcated
outlet of the Sea Vixen. Would be a shame to ruin the lovely rear end in order
to get decent thrust (e.g., with a single exit thrust tube)...
In all other respects, this has got to be another HK winner :-)
I am not so sure that the 10-blader has a lack of thrust in general. It has been shown that with the right motor and battery, it can be as good as any.

On a test stand at least, the 10-Blader performs very well. In the airframe, it's a different story. It is affected by ducting.

In the Vampire of example, we have seen significant boost in thrust by openning up cheaters through the canopy, nose gear bay and removing some of the foam from the grid underneath. I 've seen a 30% thrust increase by doing just this.

My lay man's understanding is that the CS10 is a higher load(Heavier) to the motor to drive. If a motor doesn't have enough torque(typically length of the motor) then it is possible that the restrictions placed by bifabricated exhaust arrangements may result in the motor reaching or exceeding it's capabilities to spin the rotor. This could mean lower rpm and reduced thrust.

I guess we will have to wait and see for the Sea Vixen. If anything the exhausts will be too big - larger than 95%FSA.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
My Vampire flies great with the CS ten bladed fan unit,i have it set-up with a HET motor in mine but can't remember off hand which one,i also have an exhaust made for it which goes right over the fan unit and tapers down to the out-let at the end of the plane.

I never got the stock Vampire so i can't compare it to the stock set-up but man mine flies great and sounds mental.

I will be buying the Vixen stock though to see what she flies like before i even think of playing around with the fan unit,only because i won't want to wait around for the kit but if they both come out together then it could be a different story.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
829 Posts
Stock should be fine until it fails! I still have some of the old 64mm starmax birds running on stock and 1300mah batteries and I find them fun to fly around the pattern with.
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:10 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
The kit will be coming out at the same time, I must admit, personally I was impressed with the stock set up, especially for scale flying (scale as in....fast jet scale) and as you would expect, there was a noticable difference in speed with a clean wing, as always, speed is relative, one man's fast is another man's slow, so at least you will have the choice.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:19 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
The kit will be coming out at the same time, I must admit, personally I was impressed with the stock set up, especially for scale flying (scale as in....fast jet scale) and as you would expect, there was a noticable difference in speed with a clean wing, as always, speed is relative, one man's fast is another man's slow, so at least you will have the choice.
Yea but it looks so cool with the weapons on and it was a warbirds lol
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:24 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,609 Posts
So do we have a date for this and/or the Spit?????????????????????
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:34 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Scott and i'll probably still go for the stock set up as i've got loads to sort out as far as RC goes,now if the Vixen comes out at the same time as the Spitty then one might have to be Kit,only to save on money as i've got the stuff here for both if truth be told,but as i said above it's a time thing so stock will make life easier for at least one thats if the Spitty is coming out as a kit as well,which i doubt.

Off topic a little here but will save me popping over to the other thread,will the MK24 Spitfire come out as a kit or not?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
The Mk 24 will be PNF only, no date as yet chaps.....I'm not falling for that one again!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
Quote:
The Mk 24 will be PNF only, no date as yet chaps.....I'm not falling for that one again!
Thanks for that Scott but i can't see why you won't give us a date. only joking mate as i can remember the last time too.

Anyways the longer they take to come out the better it is for me to save the money for both,i've had the money for one for a while now but i'll soon have enough for both,thats if they are going to be the same sort of price range the other Durafly planes are,i can't see why they wouldn't be though.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:31 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,336 Posts
Quote:
Im waiting............waiting...............waiting.. .......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Knock knock.....Postie here...please sign..for large parcel...WOOOHOOO....bugga..Mrs bought some clothes online..Maybe your holding back for Christmas rush??
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:38 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Christmas rush? Noooooo, literally just waiting for them to be shipped to us by the factories, I had to make a few changes to the Sea Vixen (minor) but basically, it's just a case of us waiting, we don't delay releases ever, once it's in the warehouse.....it goes up for sale.
Closed Thread