Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:14 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Last sneaky look before release.
It shouldn't be to long now then,i've got the money for this or the Spitfire just sitting there waiting.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,887 Posts
Quote:
That looks menacing! Great result Scott!!!

Don't think I will resist pushing the buy button even if I have so many NIB planes to finish.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Lord help us I will need to go back to work (retired)
I've bought 3 planes in the past month, 2 of them from HobbyKing, not to mention a bunch of batteries and other misc. items to fill the weight allotments. I was retired, too and I've already gone back to work. If these things keep coming from HK, I'm going to have to ask for more hours or a raise. Space is also becoming an issue. I've started to sell off some of my first planes and now I'm thinking about renting a basement from my neighbor to keep a few of my flying machines till I can pare down the fleet. Oh, woe is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspyrs View Post
Just a discreet warning Guys...I went out and left this 4s lipo charging this AM. Thank God for the Burn Bag!!!!
What kind of charger are you using? I thought most of todays balance chargers will give a beep when charging is complete and at that time, don't they shut off the charging? Not that I leave my LiPos on the charger unattended but I always thought chargers stop charging when the battery is up to 4.2v/cell or when a pre-set time is up. I also put the charging battery into a metal baking pan. Was your charger faulty?
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:51 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,426 Posts
I know another thing that will cause a rather spectacular puf, and fire....Reversed polarity when you solder on a plug. I had bought some small 3s batteries, and I universalize my 3s batts to the same plugs for convienience...well, when I soldered on the XT60 plug, I did it correctly, but on the plane I converted to 3s (pico cub, GWS) I soldered that one on backwards...all it took was to plug it in, and whoosh!! So, please, don't be stupid like me. When I charge, I put it on a steel plate, out in the garage, and usually that is on a steel toolbox with nothing near it. Its pretty spectacular to see one go off, especially in a foam model. BTW, I saved the model from destruction, and still fly it! --------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:40 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
well from the last picture there will be no concern over the tail booms flexing, like odd one or two people mention on the vampire thread. mine flys perfect.
this is going to be my favourite edf i reckon,the vampire will become second now.
really looking forward to the flight video.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:01 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
Maybe he means the Typhoon on your blog page.
Walter
It's gone now. But I will get one when they come out. Can't believe no one has started a thread yet.
merlinfan is online now Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:04 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,153 Posts
Taken at Shoreham last year. She is now u/s --- had to land on tanks!
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:43 AM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinbinDesbois View Post
Speechless.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:09 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I've bought 3 planes in the past month, 2 of them from HobbyKing, not to mention a bunch of batteries and other misc. items to fill the weight allotments. I was retired, too and I've already gone back to work. If these things keep coming from HK, I'm going to have to ask for more hours or a raise. Space is also becoming an issue. I've started to sell off some of my first planes and now I'm thinking about renting a basement from my neighbor to keep a few of my flying machines till I can pare down the fleet. Oh, woe is me.

What kind of charger are you using? I thought most of todays balance chargers will give a beep when charging is complete and at that time, don't they shut off the charging? Not that I leave my LiPos on the charger unattended but I always thought chargers stop charging when the battery is up to 4.2v/cell or when a pre-set time is up. I also put the charging battery into a metal baking pan. Was your charger faulty?
Don't think so...if it is this would be the first time. But...lessons learned ALWAYS use a bag; NEVER go out for the day; Set up charging station outside.
(yeah...I know...should be standard practise! I'll light an incense stick to the God that watches over idiot LiPo owners)
aspyrs is offline Find More Posts by aspyrs
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Apr 2010
195 Posts
Quote:
bloody hell.... what a pic. I'd like to congratulate you in caputuring the essence of the Sea Vixen; it's always been my fave plane and I never thought I'd see an EDF foamie of it, let alone one that looks this good. Just needs the intake splitter plates and it's perfect.

this is SO on my christmas list
lordmureth is offline Find More Posts by lordmureth
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:08 AM
Bond, Hotglue Bond
Joined Apr 2006
3,837 Posts
I hope the Vixen and Spit don't come out too close. Customs and wife looking suspicious.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:11 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,887 Posts
I know! I am already getting hassled for throwing out of the storage room all those big "empty" boxes to the rubbish bin......

Guess, I will have to build them quick!
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Last edited by anlucas; Sep 02, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:23 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Yeah i did that to our sons bed room a few months after he left to make his own way in life,my Missus was WTH! what if he wants to come home again,my reply was the settee is big enough for him lol.

So i now have his old bed room as my hanger but thats now full to the max,just waiting on my daughter to leave now,which will be in a few years me thinks as she is now 17,then i'll have a huge hanger and the one i have now will have to be decorated for a spear bed room again.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:39 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
thats were you will go wrong Ian. once you decorate the spare room,one of your kids will return home again lol. just have 2 rooms with planes in it lol.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Yeah i did say that Jeff but the missus put her foot down on that one mate,i was lucky enough to get her to agree to my little plan on using the girls room when she goes,as thats i good size room and i've all these plans in my head for that room.

Mind you we both know whats going to happen when that room fulls up too,the odd plane will then go back into the old hanger and then a couple more until i have them both, (I wish).

My missus is really understanding though bless her,well she must be putting up with me.

Now where is that Sea Vixen or the MK24 Spitty as the money is burning a hole in my pocket,must resist the other tempting models out there.
Closed Thread