2,603 Posts
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:00 PM
froghair1
Englewood fl
Joined Oct 2008
3 Posts
Just flew my euport this am. It flys great at 1/4 throttle until the wind comes up, sure takes a lot of rudder on take off. When the wind got uo to 5 or 6 mph, plane made a beutiful elevator to a no roll out landing
froghair1 is offline Find More Posts by froghair1
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:04 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,171 Posts
Great candidate for detail work worth trying. Course it wouldn't be a good as Pete's peices of art but heck it still would be worth detailing.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
I have one that arrived over the weekend and hope to fly this evening (bad weather yesterday in northeast, to say the least). Some observations about the model: it seems somewhat larger in scale to the DR. 1 and Albatros. Also, the wheels and pilot seem slightly small compared to the rest of the airframe. The albatros or Dr. I wheels and pilot would seem to be a better match. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Can't wait to try it out.
PhilA is offline Find More Posts by PhilA
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:21 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,160 Posts
In my opinion, this is the prettiest of the three FZ micro WW1 offereings - and not just because it is the latest

I have a posting in classifieds to trade the anylink I got with it with a good olf TTx402 Tx.
If you are reading this thread and are interested in the trade, send me a note
Thanks
BlazingStar is online now Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
My first flight was a bit chaotic. My N.16 seems to want to climb agressively and it seemed much hotter than the Albatros. Even with the extreme down thrust, it would go nearly vertical on higher throttle settings. I had to quit early though as the throttle lever on the tactic receiver (on loan from the Dr. 1)) kept popping out in mid flight.
PhilA is offline Find More Posts by PhilA
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
If it's anything like the Albatross, I'll pass.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,182 Posts
I recently got this plane. It doesn't seem that fragile to me (this is my first Hobbico-brand micro though), but the prop is fragile, and I was disappointed to find out that it is GLUED onto the shaft, instead of threaded. And, it doesn't look like the body is designed to easily get to the inside at all... I think you'd have to break the wing struts off the fuselage, at the very least.

Flyzone Nieuport 17 - Maiden Flight (with Review commentary) (16 min 39 sec)
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,182 Posts
Flyzone Nieuport 17 - Loops and Near-Collision With Bicyclist (5 min 37 sec)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:04 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,182 Posts
LOVE the weathering you did on it, BlazingStar!!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:07 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,547 Posts
I just acquired one while at Neat, and I like it!!! I have the Albatross and the Dr.1 and I think the Nieuport is hands down the best yet!! From the box to flying, I had very little trim work, and once in the air it was a joy to fly. Even had the chance to spar with a couple Dr.1`s and albatross`s while flying in the parkflyer area!!!! Great addition to the lineup of Flyzone micro airplanes!!!! I will be adding a few minor scale details to the nieuport in the coming days here, and I~ll post pictures soon!!!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me !
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
I was really trying my best to avoid buying the Nieuport...but the micro bug has bit me and I couldn't resist! Unfortunately, with my schedule and the weather the maiden will not be for a few more days.

I am really surprised that there hasn't been any more people jumping on the chance to scale the Nieuport out like for the Dr.I and Albatros.
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:04 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
I hope to maiden my Nieuport in a little bit. The winds are still hovering around 10 mph...
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,931 Posts
Hey Bar,

Looking for you to set the std. for the much needed mods/etc. There are so many great schemes for this bird and it could be transformed into other versions.

That too large a vertical stab/rudder has to go or be trimed down to scale though. She should fly fine without it being that large. All of my Nieuports fly fine with a scale size tail. It's scale seems to be about 1:22 or so.

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr