HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Mike Smart's Avatar
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Ouch, was that from a 32" model or the 1.2m SBach?

I feel your pain

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:20 PM
Registered User
jcansdale's Avatar
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
Ouch, was that from a 32" model or the 1.2m SBach?
This was with my 1.2m SBach. I've flown the 32" planes into myself a fair few times and received little more than a scratch. It seems a 100g motor swinging a 11" prop doesn't mess about!

It was very lucky I was wearing these gloves. You can see where the prop cut through the fabric!

The plane was doing a harrier and couldn't have been going any slower. It was maybe going too slowly and fell out of the harrier? I'm not used to how this plane behaves in a harrier compared to the Pitts. I'll practice away from myself next time!
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:32 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
526 Posts
ouch.

man, looks like it hurts. hope it heals up quickly for ya.
the 32" planes will do that to you... smacked myself in the forehead with a 8x4.3 tuff prop a few months ago... hovering in way to close... wind blew hard towards me.. smack! really hurt. you'd be in trouble if that happened with that one you got there... lol be careful man. have fun.

swampflyer is online now Find More Posts by swampflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Mike Smart's Avatar
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
This was with my 1.2m SBach. I've flown the 32" planes into myself a fair few times and received little more than a scratch. It seems a 100g motor swinging a 11" prop doesn't mess about!

It was very lucky I was wearing these gloves. You can see where the prop cut through the fabric!

The plane was doing a harrier and couldn't have been going any slower. It was maybe going too slowly and fell out of the harrier? I'm not used to how this plane behaves in a harrier compared to the Pitts. I'll practice away from myself next time!
No I guess we are approaching 400W territory. Hope the scan goes well tomorrow.

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Wow and that was through the gloves hope you heal quick and get back on those sticks. Thanks for the reminder
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:23 PM
Registered User
jcansdale's Avatar
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Wow and that was through the gloves hope you heal quick and get back on those sticks.
My thumbs are still okay, so I was back on the sticks when I got back from A&E.

I thought I'd dodged a bullet, but the hospital were a little concerned about the nail. I've got another appointment on Friday to remove the nail and repair the nail bed.

I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to nails. After the incident I walked home, put away the plane, called my wife and fainted on the bathroom floor.
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:56 PM
Registered User
Mike Smart's Avatar
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
My thumbs are still okay, so I was back on the sticks when I got back from A&E.

I thought I'd dodged a bullet, but the hospital were a little concerned about the nail. I've got another appointment on Friday to remove the nail and repair the nail bed.

I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to nails. After the incident I walked home, put away the plane, called my wife and fainted on the bathroom floor.
Oh dear, was that with the AXi motor I recommended? Good luck on Friday, a salutory lesson for us all

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
My thumbs are still okay, so I was back on the sticks when I got back from A&E.

I thought I'd dodged a bullet, but the hospital were a little concerned about the nail. I've got another appointment on Friday to remove the nail and repair the nail bed.

I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to nails. After the incident I walked home, put away the plane, called my wife and fainted on the bathroom floor.
That's great it's not costing you any stick time

I'm squeamish too, good job I wasn't there or I'd have been laying on the floor next to you
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:17 PM
Registered User
jcansdale's Avatar
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
Oh dear, was that with the AXi motor I recommended?
Yes, that's the one. A nice powerful motor.

I should have enabled the break setting on my ESC. That can make a difference in these situations.
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:57 AM
Registered User
Mike Smart's Avatar
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
Yes, that's the one. A nice powerful motor.

I should have enabled the break setting on my ESC. That can make a difference in these situations.
Hopefully, aside from your fingers, you are happy with it
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:28 PM
Registered User
jcansdale's Avatar
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Spinner for radial mount?

Is anyone using a spinner on their Sbach? I'm using a radial mount and would rather not have an bolt sticking out the front. I've never used a spinner before. Thanks for any suggestions.
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:35 PM
Registered User
Mike Smart's Avatar
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
I'm using one of these http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1203

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:42 PM
Registered User
jcansdale's Avatar
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. My plane is now sporting a spinner.

I had the minor operation to fix my finger yesterday. It involved removing the whole nail and putting some stitches in the nail bed. They gave me a local anaesthetic, but that didn't stop me from squirming at the thought of what they were doing. I'm going to be more careful in future!
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:22 PM
80s called they want FLA back
Dan5.0's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Wow, good to hear you're ok. I almost did that to my thumb a few years back.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:59 AM
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
United States, TX, Portland
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Anybody have a really cool video of the Sbach doing knife edge spins? Or anything else?
toolman18 is offline Find More Posts by toolman18
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 469 Mar 22, 2014 07:46 AM
Discussion NEW Twisted Hobbys/ParkAero RC Factory 31" Sbach 342 Greengiant 3D Foamies 130 Jan 24, 2013 01:49 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 76 Aug 30, 2012 12:08 AM
Discussion NEW RC Factory-Park Aero/Twisted Hobbys 31" Sbach 342 Greengiant 3D Flying 0 Nov 04, 2011 11:34 AM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 06:34 AM