HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
I would love savox servos in this.
SH 0255MG are actually a bit cheaper than HS-65MG in the UK.

Mike
Mike Smart is online now Find More Posts by Mike Smart
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:09 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Motor Shaft 100 Gm

Anyone know where ya can a shaft for the 100 Gm TH motor ? Had only flown it for 20 to 30 min , glanced over towards Sun [ setting in the west ] lost orientation bammm nose plant . Got some foam to glue back in now but shaft
was bent Urrggg- prop survived the nose plant in grass and dirt

I did not see shafts for this motor on TH site , so ordered another motor

Thanks tom e
Tom Eutsler is online now Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
I've got gas
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Anyone know where ya can a shaft for the 100 Gm TH motor ? Had only flown it for 20 to 30 min , glanced over towards Sun [ setting in the west ] lost orientation bammm nose plant . Got some foam to glue back in now but shaft

Thanks tom e
I'm willing to bet any 4 mm shaft would work. just as long as it's the same length and is a nice tight press fit should be good. trim it down if it's too long
BrightCap232 is offline Find More Posts by BrightCap232
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightCap232 View Post
I'm willing to bet any 4 mm shaft would work. just as long as it's the same length and is a nice tight press fit should be good. trim it down if it's too long
check out heads up RC they have great information on everything they sell to find a motor with a 4 millimeter shaft and see if they sell spares
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,856 Posts
Quote:

Thanks tom e
Tom,

Before you go any farther - email or call Brad at Twisted and ask him if a spare is available.

He's taken care of me numerous times (and everytime I asked) even though something was not for sale on the site.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Tom,

Before you go any farther - email or call Brad at Twisted and ask him if a spare is available.

He's taken care of me numerous times (and everytime I asked) even though something was not for sale on the site.

JC
He said he didn't have but would look around if not will see if Jeff at headsuprc
has any
bummed me out , slight eye movement towards low in the sky sun and back to Sbach - temp blinded . My 3D friend flew it earlier and said " hard to tell which is up and down " Maybe some wide black strips on bottom would help ? We fly on nice grass field and Sbach hit the ground where the high grass around the periminter is located . I ordered another motor in the meantime from Brad . I do have his 78 Gm motor on hand .
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Glad I still have adequate supply of that glue from TH, as it will take a good bit :-) of patching nose section .
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
He said he didn't have but would look around if not will see if Jeff at headsuprc
has any
bummed me out , slight eye movement towards low in the sky sun and back to Sbach - temp blinded . My 3D friend flew it earlier and said " hard to tell which is up and down " Maybe some wide black strips on bottom would help ? We fly on nice grass field and Sbach hit the ground where the high grass around the periminter is located . I ordered another motor in the meantime from Brad . I do have his 78 Gm motor on hand .
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...aft-for/Detail
I looked to see if I had any spare shafts. A 5mm but that wont do you any good.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:15 PM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Kinda bummed..Weighed the Sbach last night. 28.9 oz's??? I do have a 100g motor on it with a spinner, 1800 mah batteries, mg16r servos. Is twisted's 24 oz AUW done with the 78g motor?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Kinda bummed..Weighed the Sbach last night. 28.9 oz's??? I do have a 100g motor on it with a spinner, 1800 mah batteries, mg16r servos. Is twisted's 24 oz AUW done with the 78g motor?
Same weight as mine, it hasn't proved to be an issue. I have a 106gm AXI motor.

Mike
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:25 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Yes! The weight of 24 oz was with a 78g motor. I would not be bummed by your Sbach's 27oz wieght. I have found that they fly as good at the higher wieght than at the 24oz mark.

I fly mine normally with 1800mah bats but will strap a 2200 on when the 1800's are charging. I find no negatives to the extra wieght. Plus, I have added so much Welders () that mine is probably at 27 oz or above even with my lighter battery in it. And still flys great.

Shawn
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, TX, Portland
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat View Post
Yes! The weight of 24 oz was with a 78g motor. I would not be bummed by your Sbach's 27oz wieght. I have found that they fly as good at the higher wieght than at the 24oz mark.

I fly mine normally with 1800mah bats but will strap a 2200 on when the 1800's are charging. I find no negatives to the extra wieght. Plus, I have added so much Welders () that mine is probably at 27 oz or above even with my lighter battery in it. And still flys great.

Shawn
Yes. I can verify that he has added much welders. That plane has been abused but Shawn we need to get a video for the Twisted guys on here because your flying has really stepped up since you have gotten the SBach. Really good flying. Lets fly tomorrow.
toolman18 is offline Find More Posts by toolman18
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Feb 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
Here's a bit of footage shot yesterday with my 'glasses cam' - AXI 2814/16 with 12 x 3.8 SF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFDH...ature=youtu.be

Its uploading, will be there later,

Mike
Nice! I am running a 78g with a 11 x 5.5 te with a 2200 and it does not have that snap to instantly pull up. Looks like time for a up-grade
Mr Oz is offline Find More Posts by Mr Oz
Last edited by Mr Oz; Dec 25, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oz View Post
Nice! I am running a 78g with a 11 x 5.5 te with a 2200 and it does not have that snap to instantly pull up. Looks like time for a up-grade
Merry Christmas
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:01 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,877 Posts
Some pics from this weekends flying. Sbach Mania

Thanks buddies John And Austin for shooting the photos.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat