HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, TX, Portland
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Hey Toolman...!! Nice to hear you got one coming, it is a great plane. I have a bunch of raw footage from a week or so ago that I want to put together in a video, hoping to get that done this week-end. The thing that stuck out in my flying experience with this airframe was how stable it is in a hover, it is literary like it is stuck to a wall with Velcro!! It is a nice, big, gentle and fully 3D capable machine all in one. My build was completely stock and very happy with it, right down to the stock pull-pull setup on the rudder...! There are of course lots of little things you can do to "jazz" it up a little, but not necessary if you are not interested. Looking forward to hearing more about your build... and post some pics if you can... Oh!, if you you will need the Aileron Servo Arm Extensions to get enough throw for crazy rolls! http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Carbon-...on-Arm-Kit.htm

cdee
Thanks Cdee
I have only flown the SBach once but i really liked it. Gravity is a plane hog! Anyways, i loved it like it was but i plan on adding long arms. I want to get all i can with out ripping off the ailerons. The thing i liked best about it was when i waterfall, it would not fall off to one side or the other like several of my other planes. It was rock solid. I cant wait. I will post pics also.
Brad
toolman18 is offline Find More Posts by toolman18
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:44 PM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Dec 2003
971 Posts
It is hard to believe Gravity would be hogging his own plane
kenelder is offline Find More Posts by kenelder
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenelder View Post
It is hard to believe Gravity would be hogging his own plane
ha
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:44 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,890 Posts
Flew the SBach today in 20+ mph winds.

Had a rip roaring blast!

Nothing like flying backwards right in front of you.

I love this plane!

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,727 Posts
Long awaited Video...!!!

some footage I gathered over the past couple weeks
cdee
RCF 1.2m Sbach 090812 (3 min 42 sec)
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,229 Posts
Damn.. that was nice Chris! I love how low and slow your able to fly the 48" Sbach, looks surreal.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:37 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,727 Posts
The Big Sbach...

tyvm!!.. This plane is a ton of fun to fly, the size makes it nice and stable in all attitudes and not intimidating at all!
cdee
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:55 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
Very nice video. I must say the flight characteristics look very good indeed (of course, the pilot has alot to do with it too!!) - good job
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:59 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
Very nice video. I must say the flight characteristics look very good indeed (of course, the pilot has alot to do with it too!!) - good job
This plane as a lot of wing (and aileron), provides for a good balance of slow flying and fun huckin'...
cdee
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
I do like the fact you can run this light... quite a nice feature, as you can still load it up with 2200 if you really want to I guess.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:07 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
I do like the fact you can run this light... quite a nice feature, as you can still load it up with 2200 if you really want to I guess.
Tried it with the 78g motor and the 100g motor, in-fact the video actually has some flight of both in it. Both worked well, but with the 100g motor I was able to swing the 12x3.8sf prop, the thin electric props are a little more efficient, just kinda depends what feels good for the way you like to fly.
cdee
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Nice vid cdee. Great flying and editing as always, love the transition from the build pics to the flying, awesome.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:29 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Nice vid cdee. Great flying and editing as always, love the transition from the build pics to the flying, awesome.
Thanks Aviefly... it was a fun project, been sitting on the raw video for some time, came together nicely in the end. Transition is one of my favorite parts of the video.
cdee
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Apr 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Long awaited Video...!!!

some footage I gathered over the past couple weeks
cdee
http://youtu.be/BHYPGw2duhI
Yeah. Really nice cdee. I have some editing software but I'm not that good. Great flying also
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:44 AM
Fly Low!!!! No Sked.
Joined Oct 2011
51 Posts
Thanks for the Video Cdee. Not too much new vids. out for the RCF Sbach latley. Plus I dont really fly with anyone here(lone pilot) It was Nice to watch someone else's Sbach for a Change. I Enjoyed your flying as well.

Still kinda figuring and comparing my Sbach to my other TH planes and Im really liking that its a floater. Feels light and easier to harrier than my 44 telink(wich likes to go a little faster). Im only now just figuring out the timing to doing 'rolling circles'. So the floaty feel of the Sbach gives me a chance to at least keep up with the orientation of the plane. Its my 48" 'pucker factor' trainer. Hehehe.

Thanks again to Twisted Hobbys for another great machine.
AirHermit is offline Find More Posts by AirHermit
Last edited by AirHermit; Sep 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM.