HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
HobbyPartz Blacklisting Customers

Hi,

This is actually my first post here, but wanted to make users here aware that HobbyPartz Blacklists customers who return their products. I had GensAce LiPo arrive defective and tried to place an order for another battery the following week, which was immediately rejected.
I was going to use the packs for my buddy that is new to R/C, but just because a defective product was returned we are forced to order else where because of HobbyPartz blacklisting me.

I have emailed upper management and still have not heard back. I was also told a supervisor would call me in 1hr, which never happened.

What kind of company does this?
skengines is offline Find More Posts by skengines
Last edited by skengines; Jul 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
I've been dealing with them for a while now and never had an issue returning anything defective. They even sent me the wrong part and when I told them they sent what I ordered the next day and let me keep their mistake. CALL them and talk to someone direct and find out whats going on.
Texair is offline Find More Posts by Texair
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
I talked to a rep yesterday morning, which I waited 20 minutes to get a hold of. She even have he the supervisors email address, which I promptly sent an email to.

Still haven't heard back since. I am located in NV, so I am in the same time zone.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:53 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Is it just lipo orders that are being rejected, or any parts? They're rejecting all lipo orders to Canada at the moment because of new legislation about shipping lipos on planes. Try another shipping option maybe and see if it goes through, or try to purchase as a guest and see if it's any different.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
I tried as a guest and a member. They must have my address blacklisted.

This is just for batteries only. I have ordered a 4s, (4) 2s packs and out of all of them only (1) 2s pack was fine. I eventually sold it since I know one day it may just go bad and their warranty is only 30 days.

The rest of the packs were returned to HobbyPartz because (1) read low voltage when it arrived and the other (3) just took a dump. No wonder why no one uses GensAce at my local tracks.
Last edited by skengines; Jul 18, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
I highly doubt their system is smart enough to blacklist an address, it's a pretty primitive e-commerce platform. I would bet that the issue is the shipping type you're trying to use with lipo packs. At what point of the order does it reject it? What exactly does it say?

I don't know another person that has had a single issue with GensAce packs... I have a couple packs for my truck (22T), and a couple for a plane (3s800mahs) and they've all been great to me.

If you want more immediate results, post a thread in the feedback section of this site for them... you'll get attention there the same day.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Shipping to me is free since my order was over 50.00. Maybe my name is blocked? I went to check on the status of my shipment and it said 'your order has been rejected'

This is the email response I received from HobbyPartz

I checked your records and your account was indeed blocked because of multiple returns. Unfortunately I do not have the authority to override an upper management decision. I personally notified James of this issue and he double checked his email and could not find one from you.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but if you can please email James one more time at raidenjames0@gmail.com, I told him to keep an eye out for your email. He has the authorization to refer to upper management for them to make a decision on your issue. If you don't get a response from him within a week of your email, let me know and we'll take it from there.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
If the account was blocked, the guest order should have gone through... either way, post up in the vendor feedback section on this site, you'll get their attention.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:52 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
I personally returned a pack to them. I have since ordered a few items.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
The key phrase is "multiple returns"

A lot of online companies will blacklist you if you frequently return items. Returns and restocking kills margins, so if someone is doing it a lot, they "encourage" them to find another vendor.
LaTuFu is offline Find More Posts by LaTuFu