HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
Joined Feb 2006
267 Posts
Discussion
Thunder Tiger 40 Pro may be discontinued !!!

I just received an email from Mr Royce Lin at Thunder Tiger in China asking about the popularity of Club 40 racing. Thunder Tiger is considering discontinuing production of the 40 Pro and replacing it with a newly developed engine. Needless to say, I immediately responded requesting that they continue production of this excellent value in an engine.

It is possible that this "winding down" of the 40 Pro line is why we have seen 46 parts in 40 cases in the hobby shops. They may have run out of 40 parts

I would like to suggest a "media blitz" from all Club 40 and 424 racers to Mr Lin.

Send emails of support for the engine to: royce@thundertiger.com

Here is the email that I just received from him and my reply:

Dear Gary,

We are not sure if this email address still works for you, and hope this email can find you well.

I have some questions those are important for all flyers who loves club 40 racing.

May I know how many flyers are still in this race?

So that we can decide to discontinue the Thunder Tiger Pro-40 or develop a brand new one.

Few years ago, Pro-40 was exclusively engine for the race, but now the race has Super Tiger GS-40, too.

As the manufacturer of Pro-40, our responsibility is much less.

Looking for your reply.

Best Regards

林崇安 / Royce Lin
總經理室 / G.M. Office
雷虎科技 / Thunder Tiger Corp.
Tel:+886-4-23591616 Ext.:814
Fax:+886-4-23590400
Email:royce@thundertiger.com

Mr Lin:

Thank you for your message.

It is VERY important that you do not discontinue the Thunder Tiger 40 Pro engine. The Club 40 racing event is becoming more and more popular with each passing year. Also, the TT 40 Pro is the only engine officially used in AMA event #424 "Sport Quickie" racing. I am not aware of the use of the Super Tigre GS-40 in any official or provisional event here in the United States. It is possible that the ST GS-40 is used in other countries but not here.

Recently, several Thunder Tiger engines have been found for sale in hobby shops that are labled as TT 40 Pro engines but have been found to contain parts from the TT 46Pro. This may be due to the factory deciding to reduce inventory in preparation for discontinuing the 40Pro. This situation has created a big problem here in the US because the purchaser of the engine believes that he is getting an engine that he can use in racing events, only to find that he has purchased an "illegal" engine with too much displacement.

This fall, there will be the first Club 40 "National Championship" race. It is attracting a large number of entries. Also, a recent Club 40 race at a local field had 20 entries. The event is growing larger each year.

Your 40 Pro engine is a very popular engine and is a great value for the money. I believe that to change it or to discontinue it and replace it with a new engine would be a mistake. You will have development costs associated with any new engine but you have already covered the development costs of the 40 Pro.

Please continue the production of the TT 40Pro.

I would be pleased to be able to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Sincerely,
Gary James
AMA CD 68845

Last edited by gsjames; Jul 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, MS, Steens
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
West Alabama Aero Modelers is holding a Club 40 race in Tuscaloosa;Al on Aug. 4th,at last count we had 38 pilots preregistered and are expecting 45 or 50 race day,all with TT pro 40's. It would be a shame to see this engine go away
WSwope is offline Find More Posts by WSwope
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
NMPRA 86T
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Jan 2008
182 Posts
This issue is currently not an issue. The NMPRA board as well as many concerned modelers have been in contact with Mr. Lin, and as of now, they have agreed to continue production of the Thunder Tiger PRO 40 engine. There will be more information available in the August issue of the NMPRA newsletter. The newsletter will be out the first week of August and will be available for download at: http://www.nmpra.org/newsletters.htm

Best wishes,

Scott Smith
NMPRA District 7 VP
SEMPRA President
ScorpionRacing is offline Find More Posts by ScorpionRacing
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Racing Enthusiast AMA 3557
United States, MO, Sedalia
Joined Sep 2011
680 Posts
Dear JetMech2002,
Thanks for your email.

No, Thunder Tiger will keep produce the engine for your race.

Best Regards

林崇安 / Royce Lin
總經理室 / G.M. Office
雷虎科技 / Thunder Tiger Corp.
Tel:+886-4-23591616 Ext.:814
Fax:+886-4-23590400
Email:royce@thundertiger.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:36 PM
To: royce@thundertiger.com
Subject: TT .40 PRO

Mr. Lin,
I am writing you in response to a rumor I have heard that Thunder Tiger is considering dropping the .40 PRO from the product line. This engine has been a mainstay in the AMA 424 sport pylon racing class for several years. I ask that Thunder Tiger reconsider their plans to drop this fine competition quality engine, and keep it in the product line.
Thank you,
Respectfully,
JetMech2002
JetMech2002 is offline Find More Posts by JetMech2002
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Now it's manufactured by on demand.
seaqueen is offline Find More Posts by seaqueen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)