HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Really? I think the 72g has plenty of punch. Perhaps mine is lighter?
It could be my ESC setting because the 72g in my Buck Huck has more than enough punch. I only have a few flights on this one so I haven't had a chance to tune it yet. It's nice to have options though.

I put in 4 of the Solar D654 servos (digital metal gear) and so far so good. This is the perfect plane to try them with. Time will tell but at $8.50 a piece I hope they work out.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I got my aileron servos switched around now, so we will see if my problem moves to the right aileron. the next 3 days are not looking good weather wise though, so not sure when I will get to test it out.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:41 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
I'm thinking a special wound motrofly 500 watts on 4s.
You and SD have a sickness. You really should get that checked out.
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:27 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,405 Posts
I just ordered 2x 40" epp edges from adc hobby shop (as they ship to Australia). I had seen a little of the right-roll/wing twist reports, but not all.. now after reading the whole thread I'm a bit concerned, but hoping mine'll be ok, or easy fixed. I normally fly Precision Aerobatics planes - the bandit mainly, so it'll be interesting to compare flying characteristics... pretty hard for any plane to compete with the bandit - it's unbelievably good. I was hoping for the edge to be a good practice plane, to go really low, learn to catch from hover etc.

As far as flight characteristics go, the edge is described as very responsive - obviously going by the shape of it - I'm wondering if the epp control surfaces bend back much while deflected, creating mushiness.. or is it minimal and overall plane is ok.. is it reasonably crisp?

I have a 72g thrust 20 motor from a PA addiction, and some sunnysky 110g 2814 motors from epbuddy.. got the 900, 1000 and 1400kv, prob the 1000 would be the most suitable on 3S, or the 900kv if I wanted to swing a 13x6.5 like the guy from ADC. or the 900kv on 4S with an 11x5.5 would be nuts!

this is the first post I've ever done on rc groups so pls forgive my stuff ups.. (like this font size I cant make smaller)
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
To anyone interested. Epbuddy just emailed me back and said they are expecting more of the New Power xl-9hmb servos in 2 weeks and more of the glacier 1300mah batteries near the middle of sept.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacr View Post
You and SD have a sickness. You really should get that checked out.
A sickness no pills can cure.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:20 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
To anyone interested. Epbuddy just emailed me back and said they are expecting more of the New Power xl-9hmb servos in 2 weeks and more of the glacier 1300mah batteries near the middle of sept.
Good to know on the batteries. Tried to order some today and showed out of stock.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,282 Posts
Mine's not so sick anymore. I toned it down to around 375 watts with the 2610-1100 and I like it that way. I'd like to try the 2810 again but I already know from my early flights that it is more motor than I care for on this plane and my ailerons did not handle it very well at all. Plus, I really don't want the added wear and tear on the screw holes after the previous swaps and thrust angle adjustments. It needs all the strength it can get up there. I should just put it on my Buck Huck and be done with it. That little plane would love all of that power and speed and so would I.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
I just ordered 2x 40" epp edges from adc hobby shop (as they ship to Australia). I had seen a little of the right-roll/wing twist reports, but not all.. now after reading the whole thread I'm a bit concerned, but hoping mine'll be ok, or easy fixed. I normally fly Precision Aerobatics planes - the bandit mainly, so it'll be interesting to compare flying characteristics
honestly, it's not a huge deal. Minor inconvenience, takes a little longer during the build to check and align everything, but it all works out

as for comparison, you're trying to compare an EPP full fuse design with a balsa plane. Get the EPP, love it, then try a 47 Extra, 48 EDGE or 51 Slick
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Bummer on the batteries, guess I might be ordering more Nanotech then.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,007 Posts
Quote:
What's wrong with the gens ace? Practically the same battery as the glacier.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-1300-3s1p.html
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:27 AM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
I ordered a few of the gens ace but something tells me they won't be here before I need them next weekend for a road trip. Lol. Last time I ordered from there it took a couple days longer than I expected for the shipment to arrive. Good products just not the fastest service.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:47 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
I would give these a look too along with the gens ace.....$4 flat shipping.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
I ordered a few of the gens ace but something tells me they won't be here before I need them next weekend for a road trip. Lol. Last time I ordered from there it took a couple days longer than I expected for the shipment to arrive. Good products just not the fastest service.
True.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Normally the extra days wouldn't be a big deal but have all the parts coming for this plane and in that hobbypartz order is the servos.
I can borrow a battery or 2 from a friend that I am visiting but doubt he has servos I can borrow. Haha.