Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
So.... How exactly should I pull out a screw that is kinda stripped, and has a bit of thin CA on it? I'm swapping my 2 HS45s out for 65s. I got one out, and there's one screw holding in the second hs45
if you can get your dremel in with a cut off wheel make a fresh cut accross the head, then use a flat screwdriver...
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ah! That is a very good idea! I would have done that but I don't have a dremal yet.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ah! That is a very good idea! I would have done that but I don't have a dremal yet.
were giving one away at the Ohio huckfest, I'm just sayin!!!!!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Haha! I wish but it is impossible for me right now, next year I will most likly be there!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Apr 2008
451 Posts
HS-65mg tail, HS-65HB wings..........40 degrees or so or throw
reelcoolfish is offline Find More Posts by reelcoolfish
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:17 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,286 Posts
40" EPP Edge 540 renamed to the "2-E-Z"

I finally got a chance to maiden my 40 EPP Edge at a soccer field. The grass was a little long and the winds were still on the heavier side but I hovered out of my hand and away it went. First thought was how much mass this EPP plane has. This isn't a floaty, wind tossed plane. It handled the wind easily. Knife edges with this plane are so simple. I didn't have to create a mix to ward off any evil coupling. Just do a 1/4 roll and hold a bit of rudder and relax. Want to slow it down, use more rudder and see it still holds its line. Amazing.

Tumbling moves are simple as the shorter tail has this thing do waterfalls almost in place. Too easy! I think that's my new name for this plane as it really makes tricks a simple affair. The 2-E-Z. You can use that on your TX screen name.

One bit of warning. Thick grass over 1 inch tall ripped my gear off on my high alpha landing. I plopped the thing down with almost no forward speed but the grass grabbed the LG and it collapsed breaking the LG forward bulkhead. It was shocking how easily it folded. I brought it home and could see through the ESC hole that the bulkhead was still in there just separated. I pressed it back into position and CA'd it in place. I used some thick CA to reinforce the bulkhead where it attached to the side fuse formers. I reinserted the gear and everything was as good as new.

I test flew the plane in the neighborhood street in front of my house and had a landing miss the street. I put it down on the lawn and watched it flip over onto its back and cringed fearing another LG repair. The additional strengthening of my filet CA joint on the bulkhead and former proved itself good. I suggest a little thick CA to the front of that LG former before flying might add some longevity to the area.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
What holes in the control arms of the ailerons are you guys using? I am on the 2nd to outer most hole and on the farthest out hole of my servo arm. I am wondering if my throw isnt enough. That woildnt explain though why my right wing keeps dipping so badly.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:44 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
What holes in the control arms of the ailerons are you guys using? I am on the 2nd to outer most hole and on the farthest out hole of my servo arm. I am wondering if my throw isnt enough. That woildnt explain though why my right wing keeps dipping so badly.
How much throw are you getting? Are you getting 35 degrees each way?
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,988 Posts
Quote:
I'm using the outer most hole on the control horn and servo arm. Using the solar a107's.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I'm using the outer most hole on the control horn and servo arm. Using the solar a107's.
Hmm. I should be getting more throw then you then. Using the same servos. I dont get why my ailerons arent working right. I dont know what degree of throw i am getting for sure but i would guess 35% or so.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
what is it? outmost on the servo and inner most on the control for the "most" throw?
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:56 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
what is it? outmost on the servo and inner most on the control for the "most" throw?
Yep
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Hmm. I should be getting more throw then you then. Using the same servos. I dont get why my ailerons arent working right. I dont know what degree of throw i am getting for sure but i would guess 35% or so.
So, that's rather important. You should get a throw meter of some sort to make sure you're getting the same throw on each aileron. (up and down)

You can even fold a piece of paper along a line to get a perfect 45 degree angle to use.

Max out your end point adjustments on your radio and then adjust which holes you're using until you get as close to 35 degrees up and down without having to dial back too much EPA.

This isn't a quick process and it takes time, but in the end you'll get the most out of your servo and the most resolution out of your radio.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
The high speed issues folks are describing sounds a lot like a thrust angle issue - too much right thrust built into the motor mount. The right thrust angle is to counter the motor's torque and the resulting left roll tendency especially at full throttle (usually also has some down thrust to keep the plane from ballooning at full throttle). Too much right thrust will overcompensate and cause a right roll tendency, especially at full throttle. To decrease the right thrust, you put spacers on the motor mount at the right side.

I'll get mine today so I can see the thrust angles. I know my 48" 3DHS EPP Extra has a lot of down and right thrust built in. I wonder if they used the same angles and it's proving too much for this smaller airframe.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
This thread is moving fast, I guess any new 3dhs product thread moves fast.