SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I should be taking of vist of the 3dhs hobby shop next weekend.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
I should be taking of vist of the 3dhs hobby shop next weekend.
Sweet! Have fun and say hi to the guys!
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Sweet! Have fun and say hi to the guys!
Wll itis not the actual warhus itis the hobby shop for 3d hobby shop. Here this is where. http://www.xtremerchobby.com/storepi.../3a.html#img3c
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
All these maidens and no videos? I am still waiting on mine. Sometimes being on the other side of the US from 3DHS sucks. Oh well at least I got one. I am always afraid of the air frame I want selling out before I order one.
i hear ya.tuesday is just not getting here fast enough.they should have sent out the west coast orders first.
jonnyc is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
i hear ya.tuesday is just not getting here fast enough.they should have sent out the west coast orders first.
+1 I like the way you think. It is cool though I will blame UPS just cause I can.

Quote:
Wll itis not the actual warhus itis the hobby shop for 3d hobby shop. Here this is where. http://www.xtremerchobby.com/storepi.../3a.html#img3c
Ahh ok my mistake. Sounded like you were going to their warehouse. Still pretty cool to see all of the 3DHS planes person at a shop and not on a website. Pretty sweet.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
+1 I like the way you think. It is cool though I will blame UPS just cause I can.

Ahh ok my mistake. Sounded like you were going to their warehouse. Still pretty cool to see all of the 3DHS planes person at a shop and not on a website. Pretty sweet.
Yea I am not special enough to visit there warehouse.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Hey SD I don't know if you or anybody else has tried some other props but I posted this in the fanatics thread, I am wondering about the 12x5 I would think more air over the surfaces the better but I don't know if it is a good brand prop.
Quote:
Ok time to get this thread back on track.

I will probably be ordering the 40" epp edge tomorrow because my mom is already sleeping. I will be using a 103g omega, but I know Joe said he had a xoar 11x5.5 on his but I could not find it anywhere, I found a 11x5 and a 11x6. I was looking to try a wood prop since I have never used one before so just something new to try. So I am wandering which one to go with.

APC 11x5.5
11x6 PJA Series Beechwood Propeller
Zinger 12 x 5 Wood Propeller More air flow over the wings with a 12x5, but I don't know if this is a heavy this prop, nor do I know if it is for electric.

I guess I could just buy and try them all and buy an extra APC 11x5.5 just in case?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Ok maiden done! And I just realized two things, I didn't put on the SFG's and I copied a program from an old T-28 and only had 20% expo. With the 1350 rhino, 11x5.5 a little nose heavy, couple clicks of aileron trim, no elevator or rudder trims. Looks like no mixing on a R-L ke either. TR real easy and I'm really not a TRer.

Turnigy plenty of power. Not the best maiden, wind about 10 gusting a little. some pics after lunch.

gonna like it!
What size lipos? I'm changing out my aileron HS45s for 65s now...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:23 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Hey SD I don't know if you or anybody else has tried some other props but I posted this in the fanatics thread, I am wondering about the 12x5 I would think more air over the surfaces the better but I don't know if it is a good brand prop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I'm using the omega 103g and apc 11x5.5 prop and I don't see me needing any more. It has tons of power! I wouldn't use a 12" prop on this airframe because I think it would be too big but that's just me.

Oh and if you go with an apc 11x5.5, get it from 3dhs so you don't have to pay extra shipping.
Here ya go! From the fanatics thread.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Haha!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Maiden did not went well. Low level low speed crash and destroyed the whole front end. Not even a scratch on the prop.

I peel back the skin to see if I can custom made a new batt. tray and motor mount but it would take a lot of man hours. Cheaper to buy a new plane.

Further examination indicates the front end of the fuse/motor mount needs to be re-inforced. Since I bought two of these planes, I went ahead and strengthen the front end by adding braces. I added 11 grams of balsa and probably another 5 grams of epoxy. Since I'm in the "butchering" process, I also added two small braces inside the fuse just to the front and rear of the elev and rudd servos as I don't like the flexing of the fuse around the servo mounts due to the movements of the servos.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Yea I am not special enough to visit there warehouse.
The 3DHS crew will be in youngstown ohio for the huckfest from at least thursday to sunday, they should be back for next monday unless they take a day off to unpack.

Get your butt down here!!!!!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I cut a small patch out of my wing and I can confirm that it's a carbon spar sandwiched by balsa.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Ok. Maiden went sort of ok. I flew my stryker first and it was acting really weird. It would not turn properly and just wasnt responding to the controls properly. For a few seconds it would and then a few seconds later it wouldnt work right again. I would push full left aileron and it would barely turn left. Then it was ok again then not. Very weird. Got it down ok. Then maidened the extra. Same thing happened. Sometimes it flew ok then seconds later it was not responding right again. Mainly when pushing left aileron. Elevator was ok. But since both planes were doing the same thing i am thinking something is wrong with my controller. Its a dx6i i bought used a couple years ago. Something is not right for sure. On the ground everything works just fine though. Its weird.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1