HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:38 AM
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
Hey microdan, this is the one I used the complete electronics from. The Techone was not very goot at 3d. http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-007-y...d-epp-arf.html
Bipesexual is offline Find More Posts by Bipesexual
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,497 Posts
And of course the 1300mah will work
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...300mah-3s.html
DanBo3D is offline Find More Posts by DanBo3D
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
Even with the gritty cheap servos, the 3DHS foamy is impressive. I cant imagine high speed servos! If you buy the package deal for yours, it should be awesome, but you may be able to find comparable motors and esc for cheaper.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
I am using 1000 mah and would like to try a little heavier battery. I get 6 minutes but thats because it is only 17 degrees here in MN.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:48 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipesexual View Post
Hey microdan, this is the one I used the complete electronics from. The Techone was not very goot at 3d. http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-007-y...d-epp-arf.html
Thanks, I would have never even considered using a motor that small. Those AS series motors are anemic. It's good to know the Edge flew even with that.
I'm running a http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...h-10%29/Detail The watt meter says 354 watts at 32a peak on 11x5.5 prop, just what I wanted. Supplies a power to weight ratio of 1.9 - 1
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
This plane has a short tail, and I am afraid that more nose weight and the gyroscopic effect of a larger diameter prop would give you too much torque roll in a hover as well as a tendancy to hammerhead out of a hover. I am experimenting myself.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:09 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipesexual View Post
This plane has a short tail, and I am afraid that more nose weight and the gyroscopic effect of a larger diameter prop would give you too much torque roll in a hover as well as a tendancy to hammerhead out of a hover. I am experimenting myself.

The motor is a Omega 103 substitute and prop is the minimum to keep the controls working in slow flight. You need a big prop to keep the air moving over the wings.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:24 PM
Lover of fine cheeses
United States, IN, Mauckport
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Hey all...I finally got to order my batteries. Ended up going with the Aero model 1300 30c...I also decided on the EC3 connectors, that way I can also use the batteries on my super cub.
In adding up the total cost for this plane, I was amazed that it added up to almost $500! That price includes a new charger (MRC Super Brain 992 palm), 6 batteries, and all the various tools of the trade (soldering iron, various tools, glues, etc.)...the argument to my wife was that my next plane could use 99% of the stuff I got for this one (3DHS 41" balsa edge or 41" slick, unsure as of right now). That is a while from now, as I haven't gotten to fly this one yet. Gotta wait until Wednesday for the batteries to get here. On a positive note, my wing doesn't appear to be twisted...on a not-so-positive note, the servos I got are a bit too tall for the servo pocket in the wing. I plan on just using some spacers to fix it, but I also thought about removing the housing...is this safe to do, or will the 'guts' of the servo fall apart when this is done?
Lobe_DethFaurt is offline Find More Posts by Lobe_DethFaurt
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:54 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
You can't count the tools of the trade in airplane prices. Lol you'll use that stuff beyond the life of this plane.

I would just add small spacers to the servos. Enjoy the plane it's a cool one. Just replaced prop today on mine so I can fly mine tomorrow. Can't wait.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
Lover of fine cheeses
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
You can't count the tools of the trade in airplane prices.
Yeah I know...but try and tell that to my wife!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:35 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
I hear ya. Mine thinks the same way. Lol.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:56 PM
Lover of fine cheeses
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
I told her it was an investment in the future...;-)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:38 AM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Lol there ya go. Tried to get out and fly mine today but the breeze picked up just as I was finishing up charging. 10mph and 20 degrees is very cold. Hahaha. So didn't fly. Maybe tomorrow.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:52 PM
Lover of fine cheeses
Joined Jan 2012
141 Posts
My batteries will be here Wednesday...and there's nasty weather forecasted for Wed through Mon... *sigh...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:21 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Yep I'm dealing with crummy weather too. Just finished a 42 slick over the weekend I want to maiden. Lol. Did fly my edge for a battery today just to get my fix in. Was quite cold and breezy though.