Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:17 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
No idea. Don't have a fancy phone. would rather buy more planes than fancy phones.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbookfrank View Post
Ahhh. The upside of being divorced..:.. still would trade all my plane for one good woman. hey, maybe thats my problem..... nah, silly thought. think i'll go charge some batteries

QUOTE=IndyMatt;22898028]If I got it today, my wife might help me rejoice with the lord personally and permanently!
[/QUOTE]

I've started the rc plane hobby since being in my last relationship.. i was thinking that in my next one I'll need to establish some regular flying time in my routine..
it's probably good for relationships.. co-dependency wouldn't be any issue if you're always trying to find the time to build, fly, repair, modify, research, check out forums, window shop online..etc etc
teshiecat is online now Find More Posts by teshiecat
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:05 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
No idea. Don't have a fancy phone. would rather buy more planes than fancy phones.
yeah me too. a few months I had my phone on the bottom of my plane, held on with 3 piecs of scotch tape, getting video footage of the tree tops around the field as an old fella lost his plane and couldn't find it.. i was hoping it didn't fall off as it costs 3 times more than my plane. takes very clear pictures and video which will come in handy when i can find someone able to film well.. takes a few goes to work it out really and noone has been around to do it.

anyway I might just try posting what ive got, but you'll have to turn your head side on to see it if that's ok

only got a few minutes.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:41 AM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
i got a few minutes of vid footage to put up but it's rotated 90degrees coz the phone (samsung galaxy s2) was held the wrong way.. does anyone know if and how i can rotate it? i've tried in VLC but no option, my quicktime doesn't work. can't seem to do it on windows media player. doesn't work in phone and in the phone's standard app, movie editor.
Google's Picasa, which is a free photo organizer and editor, can rotate your video assuming you've got it on your computer in a standard format such as avi, mpeg or mov.
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:32 AM
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G View Post
Please, we are not rookies. "Flying above your skill set"?. This type of response gets my dander up... No one here complained about "flutter". Most everyone reading this thread knows what flutter is. Speed is relative...this plane does maybe 30 mph full bore. My pattern planes do 100+. THAT is fast. Not 30.
"Flying above your skill set"? Never said that. I said buying planes that are above your skill set. If You dont find the twist in your wing while putting your plane together? That speaks for itself.
Why do you take it personal like it was directed at you? Then tell me you are not a beginner and proceed tell me about your "100 mph pattern plane"? Yep, your gherkin is bigger. Da Big Gherkin? Don't get you panties in a knot either, I am just yankin' your chain---
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971
Last edited by Gonzo 1971; Oct 03, 2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Some people are WAY to serious---
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2004
118 Posts
5 Batteries this AM - Perfect!

She flys Perfect! Well except for when I am steering.
Tracks perfect, rolls about even both ways (slightly slower to the left but, we are talking barely) hovers fine... likes to be inverted alot!. No Flutter at Full Speed (and I am using HS65's not the MG's)

I am sorry the other guys have issues but mine is Muy Beuno... Already thinking I should order a backup because this is now my everyday flyer! Lights on her by Saturday!

Thank You 3DHS!!!
bigbookfrank is offline Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:03 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Nice man. Congrats on getting her flying. I have mine in the car with batteries charged so as soon as I'm outta work she's getting a workout.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:15 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Tracks perfect, rolls about even both ways (slightly slower to the left but, we are talking barely) hovers fine... likes to be inverted alot!. No Flutter at Full Speed (and I am using HS65's not the MG's)

I am sorry the other guys have issues but mine is Muy Beuno... Already thinking I should order a backup because this is now my everyday flyer! Lights on her by Saturday!

Thank You 3DHS!!!
Great to hear! The brown truck is dropping mine off today!
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:29 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Woohoo. Hehe. I'm itching to go out and fly. No wind at the moment. 2 more hours of work for the day.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2004
118 Posts
Extra Hinges

I did add two exrta Aileron Hinges on each wing as has been recommended here. I also installed the Ailerons as flush as I could.... probably why I have no flutter at all even in a full speed dive ....

There does seem to be a little reverse yaw at slower speeds and slight aileron input which is interesting as it usually only happens on full size planes. must be the Sideforce generators?

Has anyone built one with the Omega 103? Can't imagine its needed though as I am flying 1500's and 1800's with the 72gram and it has plenty of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
bigbookfrank is offline Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,309 Posts
Quote:
I did add two exrta Aileron Hinges on each wing as has been recommended here. I also installed the Ailerons as flush as I could.... probably why I have no flutter at all even in a full speed dive ....

There does seem to be a little reverse yaw at slower speeds and slight aileron input which is interesting as it usually only happens on full size planes. must be the Sideforce generators?

Has anyone built one with the Omega 103? Can't imagine its needed though as I am flying 1500's and 1800's with the 72gram and it has plenty of power.
yeah I've built 2 now, both eith the extra 2 hinges per aileron, and butted nicely to deal the gaps completely.. rock solid always.

i have an motor in the same size though a fraction heavier at 110g.. 1000KVsunnysky motor from epbuddy, really nice build and all top quality components.. i'm slightly under-propped with am 11x5.5 but it's real nice and powerful still and sooo efficient at 31A with 1300 45c pack on the bench(119g - light) and a decent flight time of 6.5 min.. also coz of this i got to save quite a few grams going doen to a 30A speedy (just! - i had to as i broke a battery lead off shoving it in and out under the edge) 12x6 is no prob for full power but the nicest prop ive tried is a wooden vox 12x5.. punch, smooth, quiet, really fast spool-up speed and very effiecient.. but i break them too often plopping it down.

so 103 g motor is crazy fun.. but the 72g option must be plenty powerful still and awesomely float is it?

I broke my second edge a bit seriously today but it'll fix ok.. banged it on it's gear hard in after fumble down low then fast recovery to upright and land..the epp all around the ply landing gear mount tore and the mount bent backwards a bit, crincling the fuse foam underneath the plane.. all the epp in the area totally supports the gear mount.. remember the discussions about that free floating gear mount early on?...

.. anyway it should all glue back together fine and hold it strong enough once more with very little weight gain.. prob a couple a grams at most.. i'll prob use med CA rather than welders this time, with kicker.. i had such success with the last edge putting the front end back together with CA.

also i think the light seam reiforcing with 30 min epoxy around the landing gear mount and down into the gear slot for a bit of strangthening helped the whole assembly stay together and no ply broke or cf stringers or anything.. jus surrounding epp tore.
Last edited by teshiecat; Oct 03, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:06 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,309 Posts
[QUOTE=bigbookfrank;22903500There does seem to be a little reverse yaw at slower speeds and slight aileron input which is interesting as it usually only happens on full size planes. must be the Sideforce generators?
QUOTE]

what does reverse yaw mean? is that like right yaw happens when left aileron input for example?

i wonder if that's the same as that aft cg-induced 'tank-slapper' swinging left and right I noticed in upright harrier... or maybe that is an eggarerated effect from the characteristic you're describing when tail-heavy maybe? i'm just guessing
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:12 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,309 Posts
Quote:

Thank You 3DHS!!!
that's great news! it's a cool little plane huh?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, NY, Wyoming
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
I've had mine from when they first came out. I still have minor issues that are still a work in progress. I like the plane fine and look forward to having a blast. It's a great little plane,lots of fun. Lets go fly.
starwarsfan is offline Find More Posts by starwarsfan
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:25 PM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
Well Frank... I finally sprung for 1..

I read this entire damn thread. Most before buying. Good news for me.. I don't spend 100% of my flights at full throttle. Aurora light kit in route as well.. Since this will be my new night flyer.

As far as 3DH is concerned.. Bought.. Shipped.. Same day.

Build plans:
103g Omega
Thunderbird 54
BEC for 6v action
3s 1500 30c packs
Power HD1900mg servos (with HS-65's standing by if needed) if not.. they will go in the rebuilt VR1 (another 3dh plane)

Before anyone asks... Not drinking the kool-aid.. Just think they build some great stuff.

Java.
JavaScript is offline Find More Posts by JavaScript