HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:34 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbookfrank View Post
good, more time for me to save my pennies for the next 3dhs plane.....I am addicted! Not good and not bad, just is.... BTW mounting the motor in mine was a pain but really just a good challenge and part of the fun.

UOTE=FireyFate;22892404]3DHS will sell out of every shipment 3 minutes slower now.....
[/QUOTE]

what wasn't good?
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
hi J, I know i keep going on about em but I'm excited hugely by my new KMX build, but have you seen the recent PA planes in action? pretty freakin cool huh? love the 3DHS planes tha I've seen too.. the one's I've seen seem very 'solid' and precise in the air, and have all seemed to have amazing KE authority
I actually saw one fly this weekend in some really capable hands.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I never said a word about HK. I also did state 3dhs makes good planes. I did not bash their planes and i am barely bashing this one. My issue is their CS. They stated themselves they are ignoring customers. They said it not me. I have watched joe's video's. Many of them. He is a great pilot. I dont doubt his abilities. I was stating that you wont admit their CS is not the best because i am sure you and joe get great CS from them and would never say anything bad about them. The only help i can recall you giving me was telling me i was dumb basically for using solar servos and need to use the recommended equipment. I on the other hand have stuck with a crappy flying plane longer then anyone on here and have put in actual physical work for months now trying to figure out issues people are having to help them all out as well as myself. All i get is grief for it from you guys that think were all too stupid for this plane.

By the way. WAY back in the beginning i was told this would be a good first 3d plane. That is why i bought it. Now you all keep going on about how its not for beginners to 3d. I didnt realize i needed so much knowledge for my plane to fly straight and level. And, have you ever met me in person? Nope. So i can say the same thing.

All i do in other threads is sing praises about the planes and companies i got them from. Well, except bananahobby. But i knew they were crappy before i bought from them. I dont just go around complaining every where i go even though you probably think that.
mate, if you're plane still flies crappily as you say, and if it's the same shape as ours, and weighs around 26oz, then it stands to reason it should and can be made to fly PERFECTLY well. without having to have altered the ailerons in any way. no one's calling you dumb but that's the plain and simple truth. no one who has had the problems, IMO, has stayed on topic and got right down into every close-up, detailed, nitty gritty of all the linkages explore it until it's solved.. just heard my linkages are fine, must be the bendy ailerons. as i say again.. still half of the aileron at least would deflected at 35 - 40 degrees at half to full throttle and there would plenty of roll still.. right? and what reason could there possible be to not be able to get 2 same shaped, same weight planes to fly, even if they did have some flaws, when the airframe is shown to perform SO well?.. that's all my point has ever been. no one's dumb
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
I actually saw one fly this weekend in some really capable hands.
man I'm in for a treat in the next couple of days.. 57" katana, 1500W 6s, 11 pounds of thrust or so.. should climb ok for spins! OMG just weighed it and comes in at almost exactly 1900g!! with battery and everything in.
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:12 PM
Registered User
3171scott's Avatar
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Thanks Nick, I will not buy a RC companies products where someone when they state they will ignore their customers. People complain about Hobbyking all the time this is no different. I know 3DHS makes some great planes but if this is the support that I will get when I buy one of their products that is UNACCEPTABLE.

Thanks Again.
first off listen to what he said in the post. He is telling you that on a public fourm when something go toxic there is no way to comunacate. Keyboard junkies say much more negitive stuff from behind there PC than in person. So after being apart of the internet fourms he has learned that its beter to stay out of it than trying to fix.

I wish i would have listened to him and stayed out myself and maybe the haters would have moved on and the people that realy want to talk about this plane could.

But as you can read everytimre someone new comes on all the haters come out in force.

There is enfough comments on the negitives stuff allready posted, anyone new can go back and reed them, there are more that fly great than thoes that dont so its not a condemed plane.

Please if you dont like the plane or 3DHS go to a different fourm and enjoy that thread.
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post

But as you can read everytime someone new comes on all the haters come out in force.
I agree 100%
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
I agree 100%
yep
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:21 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I did get into the nitty gritty of linkages. I took ALL the advice given to me on here and did ALL of it. I have listened to all of you and tried all suggestions. My plane NOW flies good other then the continued right wing drop that i have to keep twisting out. I did admit my mistakes about the linkages. I did set them up wrong in the beginning. Had the manual stated the proper way to set up the linkages that may not have happened. I have listened and learned and have also worked hard to help others but i just keep getting grief on here from some of you. Glad i worked so hard. This has just made me enjoy this hobby less these last few months and i am losing my enjoyment in flying. I am done in this thread. Good luck to you all and i sm moving on with Extreme Flight as my go to 3d seller. Again, for the last time. It is the customer service that has ruined all this, not so much the plane.

Goodbye and good luck.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
anyone else come across that characteristic that if you shove the lipo too far back under the wing and have an aft cg, then in unpright harrier you can get a tank-slapper swing side to side which, after a couple oif swings, snaps you downwards if you don't back off the throttle (and then land and get the CG right! he he). I use a styrofoam block to squeeze in between battery and front of battery bay, so I can have em partially under wing and not slide forward .. i find it easier and less mucking around than velcro as i had in my first one.
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:25 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I did get into the nitty gritty of linkages. I took ALL the advice given to me on here and did ALL of it. I have listened to all of you and tried all suggestions. My plane NOW flies good other then the continued right wing drop that i have to keep twisting out. I did admit my mistakes about the linkages. I did set them up wrong in the beginning. Had the manual stated the proper way to set up the linkages that may not have happened. I have listened and learned and have also worked hard to help others but i just keep getting grief on here from some of you. Glad i worked so hard. This has just made me enjoy this hobby less these last few months and i am losing my enjoyment in flying. I am done in this thread. Good luck to you all and i sm moving on with Extreme Flight as my go to 3d seller. Again, for the last time. It is the customer service that has ruined all this, not so much the plane.

Goodbye and good luck.
sorry i forgot you got rid of the aileron no-response.. anyway, good luck to you too. happy landings! btw if you give it a good twist a bit further you should be able to get it to stay there from my experience with my 2
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:27 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I did get into the nitty gritty of linkages. I took ALL the advice given to me on here and did ALL of it. I have listened to all of you and tried all suggestions. My plane NOW flies good other then the continued right wing drop that i have to keep twisting out. I did admit my mistakes about the linkages. I did set them up wrong in the beginning. Had the manual stated the proper way to set up the linkages that may not have happened. I have listened and learned and have also worked hard to help others but i just keep getting grief on here from some of you. Glad i worked so hard. This has just made me enjoy this hobby less these last few months and i am losing my enjoyment in flying. I am done in this thread. Good luck to you all and i sm moving on with Extreme Flight as my go to 3d seller. Again, for the last time. It is the customer service that has ruined all this, not so much the plane.

Goodbye and good luck.
Servo linkages are a given... the manual doesn't tell you how to program your transmitter either. I believe you were also using no name servos when you first went around blaming the airframe

I agree with teshie and the others... even if your ailerons were flexing you'd still have some control. I'd love to see someone with this problem attach one of those key-chain cameras to the plane.

I'd be willing to bet that the ailerons aren't so much twisting as they aren't moving even at the horn location due to low BEC voltage, incorrect linkages, etc.

At any rate, EF makes awesome planes as well. Enjoy.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:37 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I see what you are saying, I think I was too quick to judge them. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as it seems there are a lot of more satisfied customers than unsatisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
first off listen to what he said in the post. He is telling you that on a public fourm when something go toxic there is no way to comunacate. Keyboard junkies say much more negitive stuff from behind there PC than in person. So after being apart of the internet fourms he has learned that its beter to stay out of it than trying to fix.

I wish i would have listened to him and stayed out myself and maybe the haters would have moved on and the people that realy want to talk about this plane could.

But as you can read everytimre someone new comes on all the haters come out in force.

There is enfough comments on the negitives stuff allready posted, anyone new can go back and reed them, there are more that fly great than thoes that dont so its not a condemed plane.

Please if you dont like the plane or 3DHS go to a different fourm and enjoy that thread.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
Registered User
3171scott's Avatar
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I see what you are saying, I think I was too quick to judge them. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as it seems there are a lot of more satisfied customers than unsatisfied.
No prob Bub, if you have any questions shoot me a pm!
Scott.
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:15 PM
Registered User
teshiecat's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I see what you are saying, I think I was too quick to judge them. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as it seems there are a lot of more satisfied customers than unsatisfied.
cool.. and you'll love it. it's one of those planes that makes you hang out to fly every day. and it REALLY helps you progress in 3d quickly I found - perfect for trying new stuff out
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:28 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I think I am actually going after the 47" SHP, maybe for Christmas.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold ... hosam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 17, 2012 09:23 PM
Sold 47" 3D Hobby Shop Edge 540.. LPU SteveT. Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 11, 2012 06:58 PM