SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2004
134 Posts
maidened mine today.... seemed good, it was pretty windy but I didnt crash it so Not bad.... Tomorrow AM is no wind so i'll do 4-5 batteries before work and report my findings. So far it feels like a cross between a balsa and flat foam plane..... LOL.... I think thats what its supposed to be

=IndyMatt;22891635]I thought 3DHS planes were supposed to be the best? I just started getting more and more into 3D and have been looking at EPP/EPO and Balsa planes. Not looking to sink money into something that doesn't perform.

Is this plane a good performer or are there better options?[/QUOTE]
bigbookfrank is offline Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:03 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Ok thanks I will check back to see your impressions, thanks again!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:21 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,733 Posts
Flies good

3D Hobby Shop 40" EDGE 540 EPP Fun pilot Joe Smith (4 min 57 sec)
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:23 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,733 Posts
And at night

3DHS 40-Edge EPP Aurora Lights pilot Joe Smith (4 min 43 sec)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:53 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I knew about this a long time ago but didnt say anything. But i feel people in this thread deserve to know what was said by a 3dhs rep in another thread. Here is the link to the page of his first response about this plane and forum. Go to the post by blucore basher.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7607&page=1495

The here is his next post and my response to it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7607&page=1506
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:08 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I knew about this a long time ago but didnt say anything. But i feel people in this thread deserve to know what was said by a 3dhs rep in another thread. Here is the link to the page of his first response about this plane and forum. Go to the post by blucore basher.

Are you reposting because no one responded to your post?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:15 AM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post

You nailed it, nickelbn1...my issue is much more about the way this was handled by 3DHS and their reps, not with the plane so much. I was expecting too much from both 3DHS and a foamie. Lesson learned. I have grown weary of all this beating the dead horse...it is what it is. Let's fly and have some fun!
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:16 AM
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
"The 40" EPP Edge is the next offering in a our line of full-fuse EPP aircraft. Built at the world's premier EPP production facility, the 40" Edge employs built up EPP foam structure with a carbon backbone, carbon stiffening in the wings, fuse, and tail, SFG's - which all combine to give superb flight performance and serious durability."

This is false advertisement as this airplane does not have true "super flight performance." The truth is never slander
They do fly great. I you use your head and some basic RC model pilot skills. I have no doubt that some kits have issues. Nobody has perfect quality control. The problem with the forums is that small issues get over represented. All the happy people are flying. The unhappy ones come in here to seek help or bitch. Lets be constructive in you criticism. Lets face it. These planes do fly awesome. They are a 3d plane. You fly it wide open you will get "flutter". Bascic model flying knowledge any good instructor would teach you. Don't buy planes above your skill set. That includes the knowledge to fly them in there intended flight envelope. These planes are way over powered in relation to there size. The problem I see rearing its head because of arf and rtf planes? LACK OF RESPECT. Some people come off a night vapor and buy some gnarly 3d plane after some sim time. They do not understand that there are basic aerodynamic things going on and how to correct them. Maybe that sounds mean? There is a lot of truth in this post. I am not ripping on anyone. I even use my real name here. I am not perfectly spoken in my delivery. There are some very rude and wrong posts here. Man up, use your brain to fix your issue. Recommend those fixes to 3dhs for a V2.
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971
Last edited by Gonzo 1971; Oct 02, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:22 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Are you reposting because no one responded to your post?
No. As i stated, i feel the people on here need to know what was said by the rep on that forum. If they dont say anything about what i said then fine. I dont care. I just want people to see what HE said.

Let me be clear, do i think 3dhs makes crap planes? No. Are they good planes other then some issues with this one? Yes. Do i think their customer service needs some work and believe other rc companies out there treat their customers better? YES. So while their planes may be good to very good, i will still go somewhere else if i get treated badly and ignored when i have an issue. There. Done. I am done talking about this. You are going to defend them to no end because your son flies for them and i am sure they treat you very well.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Thanks Nick, I will not buy a RC companies products where someone when they state they will ignore their customers. People complain about Hobbyking all the time this is no different. I know 3DHS makes some great planes but if this is the support that I will get when I buy one of their products that is UNACCEPTABLE.

Thanks Again.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
3DHS will sell out of every shipment 3 minutes slower now.....
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:41 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Good for them...but it won't be my money and that is all I care about. Don't wish their demise just don't want to give them my money with a response from them like they gave on the other thread.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:15 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Gonyea View Post
They do fly great. I you use your head and some basic RC model pilot skills. I have no doubt that some kits have issues. Nobody has perfect quality control. The problem with the forums is that small issues get over represented. All the happy people are flying. The unhappy ones come in here to seek help or bitch. Lets be constructive in you criticism. Lets face it. These planes do fly awesome. They are a 3d plane. You fly it wide open you will get "flutter". Bascic model flying knowledge any good instructor would teach you. Don't buy planes above your skill set. That includes the knowledge to fly them in there intended flight envelope. These planes are way over powered in relation to there size. The problem I see rearing its head because of arf and rtf planes? LACK OF RESPECT. Some people come off a night vapor and buy some gnarly 3d plane after some sim time. They do not understand that there are basic aerodynamic things going on and how to correct them. Maybe that sounds mean? There is a lot of truth in this post. I am not ripping on anyone. I even use my real name here. I am not perfectly spoken in my delivery. There are some very rude and wrong posts here. Man up, use your brain to fix your issue. Recommend those fixes to 3dhs for a V2.
Please, we are not rookies. "Flying above your skill set"?. This type of response gets my dander up... No one here complained about "flutter". Most everyone reading this thread knows what flutter is. Speed is relative...this plane does maybe 30 mph full bore. My pattern planes do 100+. THAT is fast. Not 30.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Gonyea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Thanks Nick, I will not buy a RC companies products where someone when they state they will ignore their customers. People complain about Hobbyking all the time this is no different. I know 3DHS makes some great planes but if this is the support that I will get when I buy one of their products that is UNACCEPTABLE.

Thanks Again.
Ironic thing is that Hobbyking allows negative reviews.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:18 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Good to see some supporters... I was starting to think if there were any more tears in this thread we would have to install floats on the Edges
he he! I was actually thinking about doing that the other day as we were talking about the icon and other sea planes.

for other crazy ideas, my friend gave me some 60/40 mix of potassium nitrate and suger, which he said would be a good "smoke bomb".. I could have a CF rod extending out the back/bottom of the edge somewhere, and contained in a small fireproof receptacle.. light 'er up and smoke on .
teshiecat is online now Find More Posts by teshiecat