SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
Actually a few of the people who are "banging" about twist were the ones who solved the problem without any help from 3DHS by "checking all the required parameters" one at a time. nickelbn1 and SDone put in a lot of time and effort to figure out the issue, maybe you should read some more of the thread
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
and the fact remains.. that those who's plane flies really badly with bad roll or unresponsive ailerons have not set their plane up properly or checked for /straightness/straighed ll parts. period.
That's not a fact at all. That's an assumption. How do you know who has done what to their planes? You have not seen or touched enough of anyone's planes to even begin to make a statement like that. I have straightened my wing. I've straightened it many times. I straighten it every freaking time I go to the field. I've spent multiple evenings out in the garage with a hair dryer heating and twisting my wing to make it fly straight and it STILL rolls to the right.

A twisted wing that will not stay straight and causes the plane to roll is defective. Period. These excuses for this defect are ridiculous. I've been flying for 4 years and have built dozens upon dozens of balsa and foam aircraft and NONE of the others have or had a defective wing. NONE of them consistently rolled to the right. NONE of them requires constant tweaking to fly straight. NONE of their build and discussion threads have a single mention of anything like this. NONE! Not a single one.

I honestly cannot believe that anyone can defend a defective product as "fine."
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Last edited by SD One.; Sep 10, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I am not even using the sfg's and get unresponsive ailerons
i wonder if that unrespinsiveness is due to the further distance between a couple of the hinges. i put the extra hinges in the gaps. perhaps you could try hinging in the gaps with tape hinge like on the PA addiction where the tape sticks to one side of the wing then goes through the gap to the other side of aileron. then repeat right next to it the other way. tape wont stick well to eppso you could use appropriate strips of thin closeweave non-stretch material, or blenderm tape CA'd to both sides, or welder glued. hinge stays desd centre. this more complete hinging should reduce any blowback or flexing. i thought the silerons seemd too flexy, but i found with enough throw, abd glying thid one dlow and low mainly, it's really very accurate and fun, and hovetd like nothing rlse.

i still tell you, i guarantee if bought your plane over here we could get.it flying im mo time. its got to be something thats fixable because the shape of the airframe has ptoven itself. so surely you can find it. i hope you do soon sincerely because you'll have so much fun when you do
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Fellas, I've grown tired of this plane, this thread and the defenders of a defective product. It is sucking the fun out of this hobby that I enjoy so much. The amount of time that I've wasted on this one problem and in this forum is just crazy. It is unbelievable and unacceptable to me that a company could simply ignore so many complaints about twisted wings and poor aileron response while offering no help or suggestions on how to fix them.

I've seen all I that need to see to draw my own conclusion about 3DHS support. If they will not support us for this defect, I will not support them. This is my last 3DHS plane and the rest are now for sale. I've already removed the 3DHS decals from my truck and toolboxes and my 40+ 3DHS related Youtube vids are now private. I've unsubscribed to all other 3DHS threads and will do the same for this one after I've finished this post.

I wish you all the best. I hope that someday 3DHS will do the right thing and replace their defective products but until then, there are plenty of other planes to choose from.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
this airframe flys crazy but WELL. if you've set this plane up right it will fly fine. all of you. if it doesnt youve done something wrong. what are you missing?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
Quote:
this airframe flys crazy but WELL. if you've set this plane up right it will fly fine. all of you. if it doesnt youve done something wrong. what are you missing?

I'm checking out as well. I'm obviously too inexperienced to play with this toy

Good luck guys.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post

I'm checking out as well. I'm obviously too inexperienced to play with this toy

Good luck guys.
I am sick of messing with this plane too and hearing all the defenders. Like i said, a couple more days..if nothing is done still, then i'm out and not buying any more 3dhs planes.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
fair enough, good luck guys. nickelbn if youre not going for 3dhs planes any more i can thoroughly recommend Precision aerbatics planed. i fly the bandit..it is unbelievable. a masterpiece. i'm not affiliated in any way, just a big fan. lightst in the world too per class. catch ys
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:03 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
ps ive been following the thread from the very beginning
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Yea I'm out...and leaving with a bitter taste. Due to the lack of Customer Support, my next plane will be from another manufacturer. I knew something felt off with the move and Ben leaving rcgroups. Just one year ago, I bet things would have been handled differently.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
the reason i finally.came on here finally and had a big rant was because all of these "parameters" have NOT come up when they should have. time abd time again. go back and read the thread again. large pieces if vital infirmation missing agajn again. it stabds yo readon then you havent set em up right. or seem to know how to.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
its been tiring for us spectators dont you worry.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,419 Posts
sorry for the typos - using a phone he he
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
This plane has a bad roll problem, not a set up problem. Why am I making such a statement? My friend Jboy, a damn good 3d flyer and a damn good builder, had this "roll problem" with his and the "band-aid," "twisting-it-to-hell-and-back" recommendation failed to fix his plane. As such, telling folks who are having roll issue that they don't know how to set up their planes, without prior knowledge of their skills, be it flying or in the construction, is a false assumption.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Ok well in all this negativity, mine is ready to fly again. Replaced reciever and esc so eliminating the 2 most likely causes of my power outage causing crash the end of last week. Planning on tossing it up this evening if the wind dies. Will keep ya in the loop. Either it flies great or it crashes and burns again. Hahaha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien